Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Latest pics

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/12, 05:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez really!! Nobody can leave it alone huh? He clearly stated its not a shelby! I made my coment t that i think it would look better without the shelby emblems and thats my opinion! But you guys just love stiring the pot!!
Old 10/10/12, 05:17 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sampey43
Geez really!! Nobody can leave it alone huh? He clearly stated its not a shelby! I made my coment t that i think it would look better without the shelby emblems and thats my opinion! But you guys just love stiring the pot!!
Welcome to TMS LOL.

The OP's car looks really good, I love stars so the rims are awesome

My car is a GT500 wannabe also lol but it's just a GT with a procharger. Heres a pic next to my hubby's truck
Attached Thumbnails Latest pics-image-2800591749.jpg  
Old 10/10/12, 05:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers

Welcome to TMS LOL.

The OP's car looks really good, I love stars so the rims are awesome

My car is a GT500 wannabe also lol but it's just a GT with a procharger. Heres a pic next to my hubby's truck
Nice car!! I miss my truck
Old 10/10/12, 05:27 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sampey43

Nice car!! I miss my truck
Thanks

Aw ya it's his work truck... I like driving it
Old 10/10/12, 06:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Since opinions were requested by the OP, the car looks very nice! I'm not crazy about the badges, but that's personal preference. As I like to say, if we all had the exact same taste we'd all be driving the exact same cars. And, quite frankly, that'd be pretty boring.
Old 10/10/12, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeyt03
There is nothing about this car that looks remotely close to a Shelby.
I wouldn't go that far. It's white with the correct blue stripes, and it has a KR-style hood on it. Some Shelby owners were hating it just because of these things.

And you have Shelby emblems
Right. I wanted to give the Shelby guys a tangible reason to hate the car. I didn't think they were hating it for the right reasons, and I'm always interested in helping today's youth.

that's where I get confused.
And I'm confused as to what you're confused about. I think you're over-thinking it. Simply take solace in the stark yet warm performance whiteness, and let the stripes bathe your mind in a sea of blue, and as your eyes gaze upon its countenance, you notice, "Hmmm, Shelby letters, well, okay I guess... Oooooh... ahhhh...".

It looks nothing like a GTS
And you don't know how glad I am of that.

or a GT500.
Correct, but this is kind of redundant since you covered it in the first paragraph.
Old 10/10/12, 08:20 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mcate
Since opinions were requested by the OP, the car looks very nice! I'm not crazy about the badges, but that's personal preference. As I like to say, if we all had the exact same taste we'd all be driving the exact same cars. And, quite frankly, that'd be pretty boring.
But I *didn't* ask for opinions. I merely said, "Here's the latest pics of my car, and oh by the way, here are some detail shots of the wheel caps I made myself."
Old 10/10/12, 08:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jsimmons

But I *didn't* ask for opinions. I merely said, "Here's the latest pics of my car, and oh by the way, here are some detail shots of the wheel caps I made myself."
Your car looks awesom jsimmons, one of the best looking cars ive seen on this forum, and im not just saying that to blow smoke either. You look like youve put alot of time in that car and that my friend is what makes it YOUR mustang!!! Keep it up! And forget the haters out there!
Old 10/10/12, 09:46 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I used to have this faux cap. One reason. This was the only one that was satin. All of the others were chrome. Yuck. Am I a bad person for putting a cobra on my V6?
Attached Images  

Last edited by SilverSkoundrel; 10/10/12 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10/10/12, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I thought only the Saleen owners were this picky? Those are usually the ones concerned with things like a two dollar bumper sticker number...
If it ain't got a number it ain't real...

Last edited by THebb22; 10/10/12 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10/10/12, 10:20 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'd close it but it'll just happen again with the next set of pics. Both sides are futile in trying to persuade the other.

I wouldn't put false badges on my car. But J's car is not my car. It's his. To do with as he pleases. This is a forum with opinions. No stopping that. If you're gonna take pics and post them be prepared for the opinions. It's just the way it is it seems J is prepared for that.

But let's not call names and insult each other and question each others character in a freakin pics thread.

It would be sad to close this as its about his car and not everyone's views on designer jeans or whatever. Holy crap people take a second count to ten and relax...
Old 10/10/12, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wouldn't go that far. It's white with the correct blue stripes, and it has a KR-style hood on it. Some Shelby owners were hating it just because of these things.

what I was saying, is that your car in no way shape or form resembles a GT500 I've ever seen. Stripes or no stripes. It's kind of like putting the word Shelby on the back of a ford Taurus. But that's my opinion.
Old 10/10/12, 11:57 AM
Cobra Member

what I was saying, is that your car in no way shape or form resembles a GT500 I've ever seen. Stripes or no stripes. It's kind of like putting the word Shelby on the back of a ford Taurus. But that's my opinion.
I see that view as rather bizarre, especially given this article from Road And Track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/special-...carroll-shelby

Look specifically at Question #4...
Old 10/10/12, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Now that I look back, you're right! My mistake. Anyway, it's still a nice car!
Old 10/10/12, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I find it bizarre that you would post pictures on a public forum and expect people to not comment. By posting the pics, you indirectly asked for opinions of others.
Old 10/10/12, 10:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I don't think anyone's getting anything your saying. Thanks Gary for "corralling" this forum.
Old 10/10/12, 10:36 PM
Post *****

OK. Thread has been cleaned, purged, and disinfected.

I did not censor any opinions, merely removed the extraneous ones.

Please remember this is to remain on topic and please respect the original intent of the OP in sharing his pics in this thread.

People have differing views and this a free public forum provided you abide by the rules of TMS you agreed to when you signed up. I'm getting a little tired of all the clutter you people have been putting in threads simply about the pics or mods of a persons car. If I read one more posts about designer jeans or **** I'm closing this thread.

Be respectful, even in dissent.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 10/10/12 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10/10/12, 10:37 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
OK. Thread has been cleaned, purged, and disinfected.

I did not censor any opinions, merely removed the extraneous ones.

Please remember this is to remain on topic and please respect the original intent of the OP in sharing his pics in this thread.

People have differing views and this a free public forum provided you abide by the rules of TMS you agreed to when you signed up. I'm getting a little tired of all the clutter you people have been putting in threads simply about the pics or mods of a person car.

Be respectful, even in dissent.
You missed a spot. The boobies post is just weird.
Old 10/10/12, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

rofl your the funniest person here on the TMS
Old 10/10/12, 10:40 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You missed a spot. The boobies post is just weird.
I got it on second pass

Quick Reply: Latest pics