Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

GT500 spoiler paint

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/15, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No way should have painted it the same color as the car.. It would have better if it was the same color as the car.
Old 2/26/15, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dig the spoiler being satin black like that. I think it ties in well with the trunk panel, the splitters, and the rear valance. Would look great with a satin black roof to give it that extra bit up top.

Great call on the satin black too. Looks way better than matte or gloss would have looked on your car.
Old 2/26/15, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Just idea. If you're gonna go rice, might as well go all they way. Lol
Why is installing a factory Ford Mustang part on a Ford Mustang considered rice? I thought rice was all about parts from Pep boys that just have 2 sided tape to secure them, or fake plastic chrome on the exterior of the car. Personally, I think making the gas door black would be "rice".
Old 2/27/15, 04:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Hmmm...apparently going "rice" is in the eye of the beholder. On this car I think the black gas cover would look nice. I'm not usually a fan of it but it seems like it would tie the car together. Little Lebowski reference there.
Old 2/27/15, 05:15 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I see nothing "rice" about the car...all factory Ford parts. Looks great!
Old 2/27/15, 07:33 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Why is installing a factory Ford Mustang part on a Ford Mustang considered rice? I thought rice was all about parts from Pep boys that just have 2 sided tape to secure them, or fake plastic chrome on the exterior of the car. Personally, I think making the gas door black would be "rice".
More black accents would unify what you have a bit more. The gas cap is common in Boss and Mach 1 style cars for a reason. Black Stripes, wheels, shakers, splitters and valances all work together to unify and create a classic muscle car look that's visually balanced. Parts should not look like an afterthought, be sporadic in application or location on car, or a spur of the moment "this could look good" idea. No offense. The gas cap is only a small element to the overall aesthetic. I jokingly suggested adding a black gas cap because it's along the same lines as the spoiler. Your car is beautiful but you are now visually drawing a persons attention straight to the cars read end.

I didn't realize you had the silver brembo wheels either. There's just not enough other black accents on the car to keep my eye from going straight to the spoiler and wondering why it's not body color?

A black hood scoop would be hideous. These are just my opinions and I'm not trying to be a troll.
Old 2/27/15, 09:30 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
That's a really good way to look at it and advice. I sometimes get stuck on ooh that'll look good and slap the part on without thinking of the overall unified look. I think black louvers would be my next step but that's just me.
Old 2/27/15, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually, we are working towards a specific look. My son is contemplating the Roush hood scoop next and also have that in satin black. That would look out of place, so the plan is to add the Roush Aluminator style vinyl to the hood, also in satin finish to tie the front to the rear. Not sure if we want to wrap the roof yet or not. If he decides to do something similar to the below pic and decides on gloss, we'll get the spoiler re-cleared in gloss to match.

Last edited by scottmoyer; 2/27/15 at 12:47 PM.