Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Facelift - CDC Upper & Roush Lower Delete

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/14, 06:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Facelift - CDC Upper & Roush Lower Delete

Welp, I finally got around to cleaning up the front-end. I recently upgraded my fan and wanted it to breath even better and the honeycomb pattern has irked me since I bought the car. I ended up going with CDC's upper grille insert (spin on the new shelby's insert) and the Roush lower grill delete. I'm really happy with the results, my average IAT continues to drop and and I really dig how the front is nice and open. I've had it up to about 120 and everything seems very solid.

The quality on the CDC part was about the best I've seen on an exterior part in quite some time. The Roush lower grille delete is your average half-decent quality Roush garb but I was really surprised to learn that the upper portion of delete kit trim is vinyl instead of a nice molded piece. To me that just seems totally half-a$$ but I knew this going in and since my car is black, it's not really applicable. I just didn't lay the vinyl at all. Lastly I opted to black out the top portion since my the metal color/finish on my intercooler and radiator are different looking, it just seemed too busy so I pulled the bumper back off, masked out, and painted the upper portion of the front-end while leaving the lower portion of the intercooler/radiator/ etc. as-is since you can't even see the radiator through the bottom. CDC suggests blacking out the top as part of the instructions and at first I wasn't planning on doing it but I'm glad I did.

I uploaded 1200 x 800 versions of the photos so you have to click on them to really see it clearly.
Attached Thumbnails Facelift - CDC Upper & Roush Lower Delete-cdc-roush-mustang-turbo.jpg   Facelift - CDC Upper & Roush Lower Delete-cdc-roush-mustang-turbo-2.jpg  
Old 8/4/14, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks really nice and clean! I would be happy with the results
Old 8/4/14, 09:23 AM
GT Member

That looks great!
Old 8/4/14, 10:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Looks baaaaaadasssss! I wish there was a way to run the grille delete and the stock fogs.
Old 8/4/14, 04:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Looks really nice and clean! I would be happy with the results
^^I agree.
Old 8/5/14, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Thanks guys!