Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Doing mods this weekend, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/11, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doing mods this weekend, need advice

Can anyone tell me if the Roush grill requires the bumper to be removed? I read the online instruction manual already, I just want to know if it's absolutely necessary. I am installing this and the GT/CS valance tomorrow night, and am understanding the bumper does not need to be removed for that. Just trying to gameplan for what steps to take on this project. Anyone that has done both please chime in with what order you did the work to keep it simple. TIA
Old 5/12/11, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

well i just did this a few weeks ago and id say yes its got to come off, its just going to make things alot smoother when installing everything. the bumper isnt very hard to remove really, its a few bolts and then just pops off, when pulling off the wheel wells you just pull out and you will here a snap and the part where the bumper meets the fender will will come apart. it makes thing easy when you have a freind helping with bumper movment
Old 5/12/11, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

To install the grille by itself, no, the bumper doesn't need to come off. Since you're doing the grille AND front valence, though, I'd pull the bumper just out of convenience.
Old 5/12/11, 12:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Sweet, thanks guys. I can't find the push pin removal tool anywhere, what did you guys use? Looks like it will come out with two slotted screwdrivers prying up. I just don't want to get caught getting stuck mid project to have to put it back together and run to get pieces/parts.
Old 5/12/11, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by brewsky54
Sweet, thanks guys. I can't find the push pin removal tool anywhere, what did you guys use? Looks like it will come out with two slotted screwdrivers prying up. I just don't want to get caught getting stuck mid project to have to put it back together and run to get pieces/parts.
I got one at a local auto zone an it was about 10$ it's not exactly needed though I found the pins to be easy to remove with out it and a flat head screw driver worked as good or better just be careful not to get to violent. It comes in handy though so I'd pick It up
Old 5/12/11, 01:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't let the bumper removal scare you, it's extremely easy. You'll make your life easy by taking it off to put the grille on. You can pick up a push pin removal tool at any auto parts store. Well worth it IMO. You won't need it for the pins under the hood, a small flat screwdriver gets under without a problem.

Here's a nice how-to: http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archi...installed.aspx

Last edited by Overboost; 5/12/11 at 01:24 PM.
Old 5/12/11, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
You can pick up a push pin removal tool at any auto parts store.
I guess any except for the two Advance Auto's and two Autozone's and one Walmart I went to Those four stores had a combined total of one tool for any type of trim or panel removal, period. And it was a forked door panel one. What a waste of time that was. And every dang clerk I talked to wanted to talk my ear off about my ride. Oh well!

Yeah I gave up on the local search for the tool here, I have exhausted my resources. Gonna have to improvise if I want to do it this weekend. No biggie. Looks like I am all set, that LMR site was pretty helpful, in case I hit a snag I might need it. I think I'll be able to handle this.

Pics coming soon
Old 5/12/11, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I went a got the tool and while I was doing it I noticed that a lot of the pins were easier with the flat head and once you take the center slider out the pin pretty much falls right out anyways
FYI if you didnt know already the center slider can come all the way out
Also the roush website has step by step instructions on this mod

Last edited by hahnsolo78; 5/12/11 at 04:43 PM.
Old 5/12/11, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Some pics of the job in hand
Attached Images      
Old 5/13/11, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice man!