Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Decklid panel (2012)

Old 11/19/13, 07:44 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decklid panel (2012)

Wanting to switch it up as I've grown tired of the MMD panel I have on my car now. The MMD blackout doesn't fit exactly right, and on my white car the right side of the decklid peeks out between the tail lamp and the panel (not good).

Thinking of switching to the CDC blackout panel and I noticed some pictures on American Muscle of a couple guys who had put the "5.0" fender badge on the lower right corner of the panel. Anyone on here with this mod? Or anyone who knows how this would work? I believe the flat surface of the 5.0 badge on the ridged CDC panel wouldn't fit just right without some modification (maybe sand down the ridge where the badge goes?). Any insight/pics of your set-up is much appreciated.
Old 11/19/13, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 245/45ZR-17 View Post
Wanting to switch it up as I've grown tired of the MMD panel I have on my car now. The MMD blackout doesn't fit exactly right, and on my white car the right side of the decklid peeks out between the tail lamp and the panel (not good).

Thinking of switching to the CDC blackout panel and I noticed some pictures on American Muscle of a couple guys who had put the "5.0" fender badge on the lower right corner of the panel. Anyone on here with this mod? Or anyone who knows how this would work? I believe the flat surface of the 5.0 badge on the ridged CDC panel wouldn't fit just right without some modification (maybe sand down the ridge where the badge goes?). Any insight/pics of your set-up is much appreciated.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your MMD blackout panel. I wasn't aware of any fitment issues with this! I'll be reaching out to the manufacturer and make sure we look into this so that we can prevent it for future batches.

As far as the emblem goes, I'm not 100% on that. I've never seen this done! I think it would look really cool and I look forward to someone posting up they're experience and pictures with this.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance with the CDC blackout. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 11/19/13, 09:38 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the help Dan. If you go to the customer submitted photos of the CDC decklid panel on AM you'll see a black GT that has this done.

The fitment on the MMD panel I have isn't terrible but since my car is white the strip of paint that shows along the right side edge of the truck lid stands out against the black panel and it is bothersome. It's maaaaaybe an 1/8 of an inch of paint that's exposed on that right side but it peeks through and is visible from several yards away.

On another note, when I recieved the panel it was loose in a cardboard box that was just big enough to fit the panel inside. This caused the pointed upper edges of the panel to be slightly bent in due to being tossed around during shipping I assume. Again not too much a big deal but I'm OCD when it comes to my car being perfect. I'll try to get some pics of this once I get home to my car on the weekend (stuck in Austin till Friday). Again thanks for the help.

Last edited by 245/45ZR-17; 11/19/13 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11/23/13, 10:59 PM

Here's one I saw in person just while I was out and about. Looked good !
Attached Thumbnails Decklid panel (2012)-image-1548028878.jpg