'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/12, 10:48 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by fgibbs
awesome thanks for the info...I wonder if these kits will fit a 2013? Thanks again and nice setup!!
---
You're welcome. Yes, they fit 2013. Thanks!
Old 11/6/12, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fgibbs
awesome thanks for the info...I wonder if these kits will fit a 2013? Thanks again and nice setup!!
Or you could just order the car with these brakes to start with... Then (in all cases of stock wheels) you aren't also forced to buy new wheels/tires.
Old 11/6/12, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Or you could just order the car with these brakes to start with... Then (in all cases of stock wheels) you aren't also forced to buy new wheels/tires.
---
True, Danielle. You can order the BBP for your new GT. However, for those of us that did not buy that way, this Ford Racing kit is an excellent upgrade. Plus, it gives the addition of Goodridge steel lines, and rear SVT pads.
Old 11/6/12, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
True, Danielle. You can order the BBP for your new GT. However, for those of us that did not buy that way, this Ford Racing kit is an excellent upgrade. Plus, it gives the addition of Goodridge steel lines, and rear SVT pads.
And the calipers are different.
Old 11/6/12, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BackinBlack13
And the calipers are different.
---
Mechanically, the calipers are identical. Only the finish and colors are different.
Old 11/6/12, 01:23 PM

looks great. i did the same thing, found a new take off set from a shelby owner, ended up paying $900 for everything with installation and painting the calipers red
Old 11/6/12, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Naeem5oh
looks great. i did the same thing, found a new take off set from a shelby owner, ended up paying $900 for everything with installation and painting the calipers red
---
That's a great price! I was considering buying a used set (2-3k miles) from a fellow TMS member. But I really wanted a warranty, so I bit the bullet and bought it new from CJPony. They look great, but it's too soon for me to feel any difference - I'm breaking them in very very gently. I'll know in December the next time on the track. Did you also get the rear SVT pads and steel lines? What do you think of yours? Post pics of yours please!
Old 11/6/12, 02:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The SVT pads won't cut it for serious tracking; also invest in brake ducts.
Old 11/6/12, 03:52 PM
Banned

---
Mechanically, the calipers are identical. Only the finish and colors are different.
Exactly my point.
Old 11/6/12, 04:10 PM

Exactly my point.
---
From my earlier post: "Plus, it gives the addition of Goodridge steel lines, and rear SVT pads". The BBP from Ford does not include those items...
Old 11/6/12, 04:14 PM
Banned

I read that too. So $75 brake lines, and pads that you'd just replace anyway? Hmm
Old 11/6/12, 04:22 PM

I read that too. So $75 brake lines, and pads that you'd just replace anyway? Hmm
---
Goodridge steel lines for Front & Rear are $200+, not $75. The BBP is a great option, if I could have gotten my car that way, I would have. But many of us did not get a chance to custom order our GT. So I'm simply presenting a great aftermarket OEM upgrade, that includes some extra goodies that the BBP does not come with. I'm trying to help other TMS users in the same boat as me. And, judging from their replies and private messages to me today, I am, indeed helping them. Not sure why you are dissing this thread...?
Old 11/6/12, 04:42 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
---
From my earlier post: "Plus, it gives the addition of Goodridge steel lines, and rear SVT pads". The BBP from Ford does not include those items...
I love the brake line upgrade. Did it on my 07 with pads before I ever did the Brembo caliper upgrade and it was definitely noticeable. Now having both and the brake ducts too I have complete confidence in my brakes. It's a world of difference. Like a sports car instead of a truck.

FWIW I did the brake lines on my own and got a complete set of 2011 SVT calipers, rotors, and bass front and rear off a member here who took them off his GT500 immediately upon delivery.

All for la lot ess then $1k. An awesome deal.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 11/6/12 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11/6/12, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

---
Goodridge steel lines for Front & Rear are $200+, not $75. The BBP is a great option, if I could have gotten my car that way, I would have. But many of us did not get a chance to custom order our GT. So I'm simply presenting a great aftermarket OEM upgrade, that includes some extra goodies that the BBP does not come with. I'm trying to help other TMS users in the same boat as me. And, judging from their replies and private messages to me today, I am, indeed helping them. Not sure why you are dissing this thread...?
What is the benefit of the brake lines? That is a great option btw. I wish I had done that. The bbp calipers are so ugly in that rough grey finish. I would much rather have the aftermarket set.
Old 11/6/12, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
What is the benefit of the brake lines? That is a great option btw. I wish I had done that. The bbp calipers are so ugly in that rough grey finish. I would much rather have the aftermarket set.
---
Mikey - I'm no scientist, but I'll tell you what the general theory is...rubber brake lines can expand under heat, giving a 'mushy' feel to the brake pedal, and adding excessive travel. Steel-braided-lines do not expand, so, even under extreme heat, the pedal feel is firm.
Old 11/6/12, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I would of love to but I really didn't want to finance brakes and the other upgrades when they can be added easily and within my budget. Since we all know the aftermarket options for a mustang is plentiful.
Old 11/7/12, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

---
Only the finish and colors are different.
Yes, and look so much better.
Old 11/7/12, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

OP,

This was an awesome upgrade, not only with functionality, but looks! I'm sorry we could help you with your business. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help in the future!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 11/9/12 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11/7/12, 02:15 PM
Banned

---
Zero dissing. I think this is an awesome and worthy upgrade. Often times people think its an upgrade to that. I don't recall who, but someone posted them now having this package. In the ad they were citing that a boss 302 owner was claiming that this was the best single major upgrade ever. Until I pointed out that they already had these brakes, and the only benefit was the goodridge lines.
Old 11/7/12, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
OP,
This was an awesome upgrade, not only with functionality, but looks! I'm sorry we could help you out with your business. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help in the future!
Shane
---
Thanks, Shane!

Quick Reply: Brake upgrade