Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Boss replica

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/11, 09:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE
I'm 16, it's sure as hell better than whatever POS they were rolling in as a teenager. I win, yep.
Not very nice to talk down about people who's parents don't buy them brand new cars when they are 16
Old 3/5/11, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theACE
Rofl, no one laughs at my face for the stickers on my car, I'm 16, it's sure as hell better than whatever POS they were rolling in as a teenager. I win, yep.

I guess mommy and daddy don't love you enough to get you a GT?
Old 3/5/11, 09:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am doing the Boss stripe on my V6 car but nowhere will it say Boss. Instead my chrome ponies go back on the fenders with the stripe running solid behind them.

There is precedent for a Boss stripe on a standard Mustang Sport Roof... It was offered in 1970 with a Mustang script nameplate running through it.

Last edited by watchdevil; 3/5/11 at 09:25 PM.
Old 3/5/11, 11:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011_STANG_GT]

I guess mommy and daddy don't love you enough to get you a GT?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="fdjizm

Not very nice to talk down about people who's parents don't buy them brand new cars when they are 16
Simmer down ladies.... lets not start one of these threads, yet again. Dont hate on some1 b4 u know the whole story and how they got to where they r....a major problem of the internet. thats judging a book by its cover. How does that relate to this? Well maybe this kid was an abused child who went to child servicess n was adopted by a millionaire. He deserves it, drive it with pride. Maybe he got into stocks young and turned his part-time wage of 7.50$/hour into fortunes. Maybe he is a cancer patient n that was his 'make-a-wish' project. For all you know, this could b a 6 year old posting up his neighbors car pics. Or maybe hes a rich spoiled kid.

Only thing u know.....? That car is **** sexi

Last edited by SoFlo Mustang; 3/6/11 at 12:10 AM.
Old 3/6/11, 12:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dunno, car companies themselves re-badge cars that are "not" deserving. The 1976 Cobra II wore a cobra emblem...people complain about the new Dodge Charger. I don't think the misbadging hurts...it shows enthusiasm towards a type a vehicle not everyone can afford. His V6 may even outperform the original Boss??? It is your car, do what you want. The only thing I'd worry about is some Camaro folk bragging about beating a Boss in a race...when really it wasn't a Boss he was racing! Lol, it's all good though!
Old 3/6/11, 03:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

What I was trying to say is that copying the 2012 boss`s exterior completely while you own a V6 Stang is like showing up for a job interview only for the interwiewer to fing out you are 12 years old. Imagine you go to a drag strip and be put against a Camaro SS. Or stop at a set of lights and see a Chally SRT8 next to you. They`ll go boasting about how they destroyed the infamous BOSS with ease. The V6 is an amazing car nonetheless, but straping a set of stickers and bodykits to it and calling is a BOSS is just disrespectful. Now if you do something like the 2008 V6 appearance pack on your stang that would be awesome. Be original, be unique.
Old 3/6/11, 07:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Like a Boss
Old 3/6/11, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustangmaniak2010
What I was trying to say is that copying the 2012 boss`s exterior completely while you own a V6 Stang is like showing up for a job interview only for the interwiewer to fing out you are 12 years old. Imagine you go to a drag strip and be put against a Camaro SS. Or stop at a set of lights and see a Chally SRT8 next to you. They`ll go boasting about how they destroyed the infamous BOSS with ease. The V6 is an amazing car nonetheless, but straping a set of stickers and bodykits to it and calling is a BOSS is just disrespectful. Now if you do something like the 2008 V6 appearance pack on your stang that would be awesome. Be original, be unique.
^^^I completely agree. Cuz if they r dumb enough to thinks its a BOSS n they tell their bowtie friends..... not good lol

luckily tho theACE has "305hp" hood spears, so its kinda both ways....

Last edited by SoFlo Mustang; 3/6/11 at 08:24 AM.
Old 3/6/11, 08:59 AM
Cobra R Member

It's kind of like being an assistant pimp.
Old 3/6/11, 12:32 PM

Well personally I just think its a great looking car so I wanna do something similar, but if they can't tell its a real boss or not they aren't a car guy anyways

For drag race they always announce the car model before hand, so there u can have your little pride uphold

I like the boss logo because some of y'all old people don't know the saying, "like a boss" lol
Old 3/6/11, 01:16 PM
GT Member

Do what you want to do. I'm 16 and own a V6 Stang, also.. People are going to talk crap about anything better than theirs.. You, like myself, drive a better car than the majority of people and anything you do to it, whether it be Cobra badges, to Boss Replica is going to look good and no one is going to know. How often are you really going to be at the track? How often while you talk to true, die-hard, know-everything, Mustang owners?

I did the GT front conversion and got some crap on other forums (not here), but I get compliments all around town and at school. I'm really wanting to do the GT500 full body conversion, and I would get crap from many forums & people that know about Mustangs, but no one at my school/people would say anything.. Why? ..Because it looks good and that's all that matters. That's why I spent close to $1,000 on my exterior instead of getting performance parts. Besides, most girls would never know it's a V6.. And if they did, it's not like it would matter.. .. So, do what you want.. If you want to put Boss badges.. Do it. It's your car and no one elses opinion matters.

Just a thougt: Why not instead of Boss use Hoss?
Old 3/6/11, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Not very nice to talk down to people who's parents buy them V6's for first cars.
Old 3/6/11, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do whatever the heck you want with your car. Why dont you simply use all that money to actually improve the way your car handles, sounds, performs and feels at the tip of your fingertips instead of mounting bumpers, badges and stickers that don`t belong to it. And how exactly do you think doing that makes you a car guy?Think about that, because a popular section of the US population that demonstrates love for their asian-sourced cars by....well strapping on some ridiculous looking crap to their vehicles and doing nothing mechanicaly.Well mate, you remind me quite strongly of it.

Last edited by mustangmaniak2010; 3/6/11 at 01:52 PM.
Old 3/6/11, 01:56 PM

1k on a GT conversion?...

Last edited by natecydoubleg; 3/6/11 at 01:58 PM. Reason: profanity lifted
Old 3/6/11, 02:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I say next time..don't even create a post. it's your car and I say do whatever you want and then you won't have any ******** bytching, moaning or complaining about what you do with a car that THEY DON"T PAY FOR...

Just my $0.02 worth......
Old 3/6/11, 02:15 PM
Banned

there will be a ton of look a like boss's. Just do not put boss on it. Put FORD RACING or something on it. put the boss suspension on it. That way it kinda fits to have a boss look alike. Maybe upgrad the brakes. So it looks more like u track the car.
Old 3/6/11, 02:17 PM

Btw... sorry if this conversation got took over by another topic, just asking if anyone can pull of a black wheel with that kind of red lips and still look good. If not I'll just stick with all black with some forgestar F14
Old 3/6/11, 02:19 PM

I used to track my MR-S with ksport suspension and TRD braces, but I don't feel like this car is ready anytime soon
Old 3/6/11, 02:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by natecydoubleg
1k on a GT conversion?...
Pretty close to it. I ended up paying WAY more than it should have been.. It had to get repainted when I got it in the mail.. Recently had to get it repainted.. Again.
Old 3/6/11, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Originally Posted by 2011_STANG_GT
I guess mommy and daddy don't love you enough to get you a GT?

Quick Reply: Boss replica