Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Best New Hood Options

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/18, 02:07 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Gorgeous hood! That ding is a bit nasty, hope your vendor or shipper step-up and make this right!
Thanks. I hope so too.

As far as I’m concerned this thing is junk and needs to be tossed. It was treated like crap somewhere during shipping because I can’t belive that it came from the factory looking like this. Beware of any shipments coming from YRC. I’ve dealt with them several times and it’s been horrible.
Old 4/1/18, 03:27 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That's a shame. Sorry to hear this. Hopefully they take care of you.
Old 4/2/18, 05:54 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by JG1
That's a shame. Sorry to hear this. Hopefully they take care of you.
Thanks. I'm sure I'll hear from them today. If they don't take it back I'm kind of screwed. I'll be ordering the same hood pre-painted from Cervini's and just forget about carbon fiber.
Old 4/5/18, 05:46 AM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Bummer. Came looking for installed pictures, find this crap storm instead. Hope it all works out for you, mine arrived in perfect shape....
Old 4/5/18, 05:52 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Dean Martin
Bummer. Came looking for installed pictures, find this crap storm instead. Hope it all works out for you, mine arrived in perfect shape....
Thanks. I already ordered a new painted hood from Cervini's. I had one on my 2000 GT for years and it was great.

I'm still in limbo with Andy's. For some reason it needs a two week review before they'll let me know what they will do which I call bull. So as of right now I have three hoods that I own.

Can you tell me if the underside of your hood looked like it was dragged on some pavement when you got it? While I'm not looking for perfection under the hood, it just didn't look right to me as a new hood.
Old 4/5/18, 06:21 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Which hood did you order from Cervini? I'm still waiting for them to let me know an install date. I'm thinking it should be within the next couple weeks.
Old 4/5/18, 06:23 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by JG1
Which hood did you order from Cervini? I'm still waiting for them to let me know an install date. I'm thinking it should be within the next couple weeks.
Got this https://www.cervinis.com/13-14mustan...-air-hood.html Mustang Type 4 Ram Air Hood.

My only gripe is $149 to paint match the louvers.
Old 4/5/18, 06:27 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Very nice
Old 4/5/18, 08:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
Thanks. I already ordered a new painted hood from Cervini's. I had one on my 2000 GT for years and it was great.

I'm still in limbo with Andy's. For some reason it needs a two week review before they'll let me know what they will do which I call bull. So as of right now I have three hoods that I own.

Can you tell me if the underside of your hood looked like it was dragged on some pavement when you got it? While I'm not looking for perfection under the hood, it just didn't look right to me as a new hood.

The underside of my hood was fine, no damage etc, just appeared a bit "raw" compared to the topside simply because it does not have full gloss gelcoat on the bottom. Once the heat shield pad was installed it was all good by me....hope I'm explaining that well enough.

Hood was completely wrapped and boxed. Plywood protectors were screwed into the corners where the hinges attach for protection.

Last edited by Dean Martin; 4/5/18 at 08:54 AM.
Old 4/5/18, 08:56 AM
Legacy Tms Member

The underside of my hood was fine, no damage etc, just appeared a bit "raw" compared to the topside simply because it does not have full gloss gelcoat on the bottom. Once the heat shield pad was installed it was all good by me....hope I'm explaining that well enough.
That's what I was expecting but this one looked a little more beat up than what I thought was acceptable.

I emailed Carbon Creations with some questions about the way they ship out and got a stock answer to contact the seller. I called them out on their answer and then got a snarky response. They said they'ed contact Andy's, but no word from them yet. I'm not getting stuck with a 1k plus defective hood.
Old 4/5/18, 09:28 AM
GT Member

That's what I was expecting but this one looked a little more beat up than what I thought was acceptable.

I emailed Carbon Creations with some questions about the way they ship out and got a stock answer to contact the seller. I called them out on their answer and then got a snarky response. They said they'ed contact Andy's, but no word from them yet. I'm not getting stuck with a 1k plus defective hood.
I would probably have already called my CC company and entered a disputed charge complaint.
The following users liked this post:
VidPro (4/5/18)
Old 4/5/18, 09:30 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I would probably have already called my CC company and entered a disputed charge complaint.
I bought it through PayPal credit and I think I'll do that today.
Old 4/6/18, 04:11 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I emailed them yesterday for an update and I got another generic email response.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused you in this regards and delay in to resolve this case.

I understand your concern and we are trying to get this issue resolved ASAP for you.

Regards,

Trying to resolve what? I made it clear that their return policy states if you’re not happy neither are we etc. and that this is unacceptable.

Today I’ll put the dispute in with PayPal and see where that leads. Next up is plastering their name on every forum I can find that they suck.
Old 4/9/18, 04:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well I finally got my refund. Thanks, PayPal!

I’ll post my Cervinis’ hood install once I get it.
Old 4/11/18, 08:32 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Awesome!

Cervini said my hood is curing so I'm thinking the install will be next week.
Old 4/11/18, 09:43 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by JG1
Awesome!

Cervini said my hood is curing so I'm thinking the install will be next week.
Great! Make sure to post some pics. How long from order to this point did it take? I'm chomping at the bit to get this hood on so I can proceed with more bank account draining mods.
Old 4/11/18, 09:52 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Great! Make sure to post some pics. How long from order to this point did it take? I'm chomping at the bit to get this hood on so I can proceed with more bank account draining mods.
I ordered it 4 weeks ago.
The following users liked this post:
VidPro (4/11/18)
Old 4/11/18, 09:54 AM
JG1
V6 Member

so I can proceed with more bank account draining mods.
Lol me too. Supercharger next on the list. Hoping within the next 2 months.
Old 4/20/18, 01:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Still waiting on my hood. I just chatted online about the tine needed before a clear bra can be installed. I was told three months. Am I wrong to think that’s a really long time? I was figuring maybe a few weeks.
Old 4/21/18, 08:07 AM
JG1
V6 Member

I'm still waiting on mine too. According to Cervini, it's curing (after painting), and that was 2 weeks ago. I emailed last week to see what wwas going on and they said it was still at the detailers and will contact me when they are ready to install. So far I'm at 6 weeks from the date I ordered.

Quick Reply: Best New Hood Options