Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Anyone plasti dipped stock rims white on a Kona

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/12, 07:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone plasti dipped stock rims white on a Kona

I am thinking about plasti dipping my rims white on my Kona Boss with the white stripes. I love the matte black accents on the car like the front and rear diffuser because it compliments the matte white, however the almost glass like finish on the rims and the rear spoiler make no sense to me. I just wanted to see if anyone had done this yet so I could see the color combo.
Old 8/7/12, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I havent seen it but sounds like a good idea..I could probably photoshop it for you if you post pics.
Old 8/8/12, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow, is it 1990 again?
Old 8/8/12, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Brandon302
I am thinking about plasti dipping my rims white on my Kona Boss with the white stripes. I love the matte black accents on the car like the front and rear diffuser because it compliments the matte white, however the almost glass like finish on the rims and the rear spoiler make no sense to me. I just wanted to see if anyone had done this yet so I could see the color combo.
I actually plasti-dipped my 19" stock GT rims in white a few months ago. Initially I really liked it, but after just a couple of days of driving the resulting texture from the plasti-dip really picked up any little bit of dirty/brake dust. It shows up drastically on the white plasti-dip, not nearly as much as it would on the black plasti-dip.

I may try it again to get a smoother finish, maybe with the glosser as well.. but I took it off after a month.

Old 8/9/12, 01:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MikuhlBrian
I actually plasti-dipped my 19" stock GT rims in white a few months ago. Initially I really liked it, but after just a couple of days of driving the resulting texture from the plasti-dip really picked up any little bit of dirty/brake dust. It shows up drastically on the white plasti-dip, not nearly as much as it would on the black plasti-dip.

I may try it again to get a smoother finish, maybe with the glosser as well.. but I took it off after a month.

Do you have any pictures of it on your car? I might end up doing matte black simply because it won't show dust as much and it will look similar to the plastic accents, I still think I will do the wing white though just to match the roof.
Old 8/9/12, 01:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Studly_Studright
I havent seen it but sounds like a good idea..I could probably photoshop it for you if you post pics.
That would be awesome if you could. Can I get your email in a PM and I will send you some pics of my car.