'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

American Muscle DD Chrome Bullitts

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/13, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Muscle DD Chrome Bullitts

Anyone have the American Muscle DD Chrome Bullitt wheels in 19in for the 2013 GT? Quality? Any issue with fit, clearance?
Old 9/14/13, 03:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is "DD" ???

And why would you have any issues?
Old 9/14/13, 06:25 PM
Banned

I wanna say it's doubtful that someone w/ a 13 has the deep dish chrome wheels. They aren't as popular anymore as they were almost a decade ago.
Old 9/14/13, 06:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
What is "DD" ???

deep dish
Old 9/14/13, 09:17 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
deep dish
Ahh, well they don't list them that way.
Old 9/15/13, 03:55 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
What is "DD" ???

Depending on how the chrome plating is applied (quality) it can lead to issues down the road. You have at least four different metals (wheel) on one product connected to something that (tire) builds a static electric charge which can result in electrolysis.

If the chrome finish isn't properly applied and/or if the wheels are damaged it can result in the plating flaking off or severe corrosion which can lead to pitting in the rim which can lead to tires perpetually running flat (and I know how the majority of you guys love to hate the TPM system to the point that you'd rather disable it) wearing and failing prematurely.

As an ex-tire guy, I've really come to hate a chrome plated wheel as I've seen a wide variety of wheels from OE to supposedly top-notch stuff suffer a variety of problems, I much prefer a polished or painted wheel because of those **** plated wheels.
Old 9/15/13, 04:27 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by bob
Depending on how the chrome plating is applied (quality) it can lead to issues down the road. You have at least four different metals (wheel) on one product connected to something that (tire) builds a static electric charge which can result in electrolysis.

If the chrome finish isn't properly applied and/or if the wheels are damaged it can result in the plating flaking off or severe corrosion which can lead to pitting in the rim which can lead to tires perpetually running flat (and I know how the majority of you guys love to hate the TPM system to the point that you'd rather disable it) wearing and failing prematurely.

As an ex-tire guy, I've really come to hate a chrome plated wheel as I've seen a wide variety of wheels from OE to supposedly top-notch stuff suffer a variety of problems, I much prefer a polished or painted wheel because of those **** plated wheels.
But the OP wasn't asking about issues with the chrome, only the fitment.
Old 9/16/13, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vegasfish
Anyone have the American Muscle DD Chrome Bullitt wheels in 19in for the 2013 GT? Quality? Any issue with fit, clearance?
You won't have any issues with this wheel at all. The Deep Dish Chrome Bullitt Wheels look great on the 2011+ GT's IMO. It gives your Mustang that classic "muscle car" look that we all love! We don't have any quality issues with our wheels and if you do run into a problem, all of our wheels are backed up by a 1-year finish warranty and a Lifetime structural warranty.

There's a ton of customer submitted images of this wheel on 11-12 GT's. We don't have any decent customer submitted pictures of a 2013-2014 GT with these wheels mounted. Check them out mounted on a 2011 GT though, I think they look great!

Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 9/16/13 at 08:41 AM.
Old 9/16/13, 11:01 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

You won't have any issues with this wheel at all. The Deep Dish Chrome Bullitt Wheels look great on the 2011+ GT's IMO. It gives your Mustang that classic "muscle car" look that we all love! We don't have any quality issues with our wheels and if you do run into a problem, all of our wheels are backed up by a 1-year finish warranty and a Lifetime structural warranty.

There's a ton of customer submitted images of this wheel on 11-12 GT's. We don't have any decent customer submitted pictures of a 2013-2014 GT with these wheels mounted. Check them out mounted on a 2011 GT though, I think they look great!

Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Rims look great Dan!

However the Shelby emblem on that red gt is not good....
Old 9/16/13, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Not chrome but.....

Name:  IMG_0825.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  74.0 KB

No problems at all with fit or clearance. (Keep in mind that I just replaced the springs in that pic and it hasn't settled yet) No complaints with the quality either. And I like the fact that no one else with a 2011+ seems to have them.
Old 9/16/13, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Rims look great Dan!

You read my mind!
Old 9/16/13, 06:43 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
But the OP wasn't asking about issues with the chrome, only the fitment.
nm then
Old 9/16/13, 07:08 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama

You read my mind!
Yeah, no posers please esp on an AM site. Not good.
Old 9/17/13, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor

Rims look great Dan!

I agree, I'm not a fan of the Shelby emblem on a Non-Shelby Mustang. However, this photo was just to show you the wheels! This paints a pretty good picture on how the Chrome wheels look on a 2011+ GT.

What color is your Mustang? Maybe I can dig up some customer submitted pictures of Chrome bullitt wheels in your color combo.

-Dan
Old 9/17/13, 05:35 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

I agree, I'm not a fan of the Shelby emblem on a Non-Shelby Mustang. However, this photo was just to show you the wheels! This paints a pretty good picture on how the Chrome wheels look on a 2011+ GT.

What color is your Mustang? Maybe I can dig up some customer submitted pictures of Chrome bullitt wheels in your color combo.

-Dan
Kona!!!! Thanks Dan
Old 9/18/13, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Kona!!!! Thanks Dan
No luck! Unfortunately I don't have any customer submitted pictures of a Chrome Bullitt wheel on Kona Blue. I'm sorry about that!

I'll definitely keep my eyes open for you!

-Dan