Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

AM-When will the RTR decklid be in stock?

Old 8/22/14, 10:07 AM
  #1  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
MDkid92's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 2, 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 863
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AM-When will the RTR decklid be in stock?

Just curious, as a bunch of others are too, as to when you guys will have the RTR decklid panels in stock for the 13/14. I know they have been discontinued through RTR for some time, and I saw you guys will be the distributor of RTR now.
MDkid92 is offline  
Old 8/22/14, 12:00 PM
  #2  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 24, 2012
Posts: 2,070
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if you still can only get it with an RTR stang though.
wheelman is offline  
Old 8/22/14, 12:59 PM
  #3  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
MDkid92's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 2, 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 863
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
I wonder if you still can only get it with an RTR stang though.
what do you mean? They've always been available aftermarket, and not solely on the rtr models.
MDkid92 is offline  
Old 8/22/14, 02:09 PM
  #4  
GT Member
 
swervo's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 18, 2014
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 126
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that it'll be available in the next few weeks. Not an exact date though.
swervo is offline  
Old 8/22/14, 03:09 PM
  #5  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 24, 2012
Posts: 2,070
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDkid92 View Post
what do you mean? They've always been available aftermarket, and not solely on the rtr models.
The RTR version or just the plain gloss black? I really liked the RTR when it first came out and kept tabs on it for awhile and I remember at the time they nixed the RTR stripes AM and others were selling and I thought I recalled their plain black panel being offered, but the RTR panel only being available on RTR cars. Maybe they eventually started offering it or maybe I'm just getting old.
wheelman is offline  
Old 8/31/14, 03:38 PM
  #6  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by swervo View Post
I heard that it'll be available in the next few weeks. Not an exact date though.
They've been saying that for 3 months now...
laserred38 is offline  
Old 8/31/14, 06:09 PM
  #7  
Mach 1 Member
Thread Starter
 
MDkid92's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 2, 2013
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 863
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38 View Post
They've been saying that for 3 months now...
exactly. Can Dan or Alex chime in?
MDkid92 is offline  
Old 9/1/14, 11:33 AM
  #8  
GT Member
 
VIP1's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 11, 2014
Location: Eastern, MA
Posts: 130
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why hasn't anyone else made one? Especially plastic like the stock one? I saw one pic of the paint pealing on the RTR one (its painted steel).
VIP1 is offline  
Old 9/4/14, 06:59 AM
  #9  
Bullitt Member
 
killaz05's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 31, 2013
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 357
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm just after it to put a mustang emblem on the back. I loved the look on the Need for Speed Mustang
killaz05 is offline  
Old 9/4/14, 07:13 AM
  #10  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by killaz05 View Post
I'm just after it to put a mustang emblem on the back. I loved the look on the Need for Speed Mustang
Same...
laserred38 is offline  
Old 9/8/14, 03:31 PM
  #11  
DRB
Bullitt Member
 
DRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 20, 2012
Posts: 235
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here.
DRB is offline  
Old 9/10/14, 08:47 PM
  #12  
Mach 1 Member
 
Varilux's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 17, 2013
Location: Hickory Creek, TX
Posts: 678
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here as well... seems like AM would have at least 4 immediate orders for the product if they ever get the dang thing in stock!

My quesiton is, does anyone sell the pony emblem on the back of the Need for Speed Mustang? I'd like to get one (although I've also already ordered/received the pony decal Gabe has on his RTR panel... which looks awesome on the Sterling Gray IMO).
Varilux is offline  
Old 9/10/14, 08:51 PM
  #13  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Varilux View Post
Same here as well... seems like AM would have at least 4 immediate orders for the product if they ever get the dang thing in stock! My quesiton is, does anyone sell the pony emblem on the back of the Need for Speed Mustang? I'd like to get one (although I've also already ordered/received the pony decal Gabe has on his RTR panel... which looks awesome on the Sterling Gray IMO).
No, they're just grille emblems with the nubs shaved down and double sided taped on...
laserred38 is offline  
Old 9/10/14, 09:12 PM
  #14  
Mach 1 Member
 
Varilux's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 17, 2013
Location: Hickory Creek, TX
Posts: 678
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info! That was going to be my backup plan (plus, I might try to use a Dremel to create a curvature along the back to better match the contours of the panel).
Varilux is offline  
Old 9/10/14, 09:18 PM
  #15  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Varilux View Post
Thanks for the info! That was going to be my backup plan (plus, I might try to use a Dremel to create a curvature along the back to better match the contours of the panel).
I might wait on the 2015 emblem. At this point, it might be available before the decklid...
laserred38 is offline  
Old 9/11/14, 12:56 PM
  #16  
Mach 1 Member
 
Varilux's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 17, 2013
Location: Hickory Creek, TX
Posts: 678
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, plus the problem with using a front emblem is the horse will be prancing in the wrong direction...

I see on the '15, they are putting "GT" on the back of the GTs without the faux gas cap- which also looks nice.

Its just a shame they nailed the back end and rear 3/4 view so well and then totally screwed the pooch on the front end. I'm sure they'll figure it out after a couple model years (either that, or they'll go totally off into the weeds).
Varilux is offline  
Old 9/11/14, 01:38 PM
  #17  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Varilux View Post
Yeah, plus the problem with using a front emblem is the horse will be prancing in the wrong direction... I see on the '15, they are putting "GT" on the back of the GTs without the faux gas cap- which also looks nice. Its just a shame they nailed the back end and rear 3/4 view so well and then totally screwed the pooch on the front end. I'm sure they'll figure it out after a couple model years (either that, or they'll go totally off into the weeds).
Nope, the grille emblem will be prancing the same way if you mount it on the back...
laserred38 is offline  
Old 9/11/14, 01:53 PM
  #18  
Mach 1 Member
 
Varilux's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 17, 2013
Location: Hickory Creek, TX
Posts: 678
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...of course not- I mean, if you flip it around it would... um... oh crap- of course you're right...

(So glad no one from work is on this site- I direct a technical marketing department, so one of my functions is to spot stupid comments/concepts like that... hopefully I've gotten my "brain lapse of the day" taken care of now )
Varilux is offline  
Old 9/11/14, 02:39 PM
  #19  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Varilux View Post
...of course not- I mean, if you flip it around it would... um... oh crap- of course you're right... (So glad no one from work is on this site- I direct a technical marketing department, so one of my functions is to spot stupid comments/concepts like that... hopefully I've gotten my "brain lapse of the day" taken care of now )
Hahaha no worries buddy. I had to think about it for a moment too...
laserred38 is offline  
Old 9/21/14, 09:19 AM
  #20  
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff
 
laserred38's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2006
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,817
Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Any fricken update on this?? I've never wanted to spend $200 at AM so bad...
laserred38 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AM-When will the RTR decklid be in stock?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.