The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   AM-When will the RTR decklid be in stock? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/am-when-will-rtr-decklid-stock-532481/)

MDkid92 8/22/14 10:07 AM

AM-When will the RTR decklid be in stock?

Just curious, as a bunch of others are too, as to when you guys will have the RTR decklid panels in stock for the 13/14. I know they have been discontinued through RTR for some time, and I saw you guys will be the distributor of RTR now.

wheelman 8/22/14 12:00 PM

I wonder if you still can only get it with an RTR stang though.

MDkid92 8/22/14 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 6843197)
I wonder if you still can only get it with an RTR stang though.

what do you mean? They've always been available aftermarket, and not solely on the rtr models.

swervo 8/22/14 02:09 PM

I heard that it'll be available in the next few weeks. Not an exact date though.

wheelman 8/22/14 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92 (Post 6843215)
what do you mean? They've always been available aftermarket, and not solely on the rtr models.

The RTR version or just the plain gloss black? I really liked the RTR when it first came out and kept tabs on it for awhile and I remember at the time they nixed the RTR stripes AM and others were selling and I thought I recalled their plain black panel being offered, but the RTR panel only being available on RTR cars. Maybe they eventually started offering it or maybe I'm just getting old.

laserred38 8/31/14 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by swervo (Post 6843252)
I heard that it'll be available in the next few weeks. Not an exact date though.

They've been saying that for 3 months now... :banghead:

MDkid92 8/31/14 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6846040)
They've been saying that for 3 months now... :banghead:

exactly. Can Dan or Alex chime in?

VIP1 9/1/14 11:33 AM

Why hasn't anyone else made one? Especially plastic like the stock one? I saw one pic of the paint pealing on the RTR one (its painted steel).

killaz05 9/4/14 06:59 AM

I'm just after it to put a mustang emblem on the back. I loved the look on the Need for Speed Mustang

laserred38 9/4/14 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by killaz05 (Post 6847132)
I'm just after it to put a mustang emblem on the back. I loved the look on the Need for Speed Mustang

Same...

DRB 9/8/14 03:31 PM

Same here.

Varilux 9/10/14 08:47 PM

Same here as well... seems like AM would have at least 4 immediate orders for the product if they ever get the dang thing in stock!

My quesiton is, does anyone sell the pony emblem on the back of the Need for Speed Mustang? I'd like to get one (although I've also already ordered/received the pony decal Gabe has on his RTR panel... which looks awesome on the Sterling Gray IMO).

laserred38 9/10/14 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Varilux (Post 6849487)
Same here as well... seems like AM would have at least 4 immediate orders for the product if they ever get the dang thing in stock! My quesiton is, does anyone sell the pony emblem on the back of the Need for Speed Mustang? I'd like to get one (although I've also already ordered/received the pony decal Gabe has on his RTR panel... which looks awesome on the Sterling Gray IMO).

No, they're just grille emblems with the nubs shaved down and double sided taped on...

Varilux 9/10/14 09:12 PM

Thanks for the info! That was going to be my backup plan (plus, I might try to use a Dremel to create a curvature along the back to better match the contours of the panel).

laserred38 9/10/14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Varilux (Post 6849493)
Thanks for the info! That was going to be my backup plan (plus, I might try to use a Dremel to create a curvature along the back to better match the contours of the panel).

I might wait on the 2015 emblem. At this point, it might be available before the decklid... :shame:

Varilux 9/11/14 12:56 PM

Yeah, plus the problem with using a front emblem is the horse will be prancing in the wrong direction...

I see on the '15, they are putting "GT" on the back of the GTs without the faux gas cap- which also looks nice.

Its just a shame they nailed the back end and rear 3/4 view so well and then totally screwed the pooch on the front end. I'm sure they'll figure it out after a couple model years (either that, or they'll go totally off into the weeds).

laserred38 9/11/14 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Varilux (Post 6849636)
Yeah, plus the problem with using a front emblem is the horse will be prancing in the wrong direction... I see on the '15, they are putting "GT" on the back of the GTs without the faux gas cap- which also looks nice. Its just a shame they nailed the back end and rear 3/4 view so well and then totally screwed the pooch on the front end. I'm sure they'll figure it out after a couple model years (either that, or they'll go totally off into the weeds).

Nope, the grille emblem will be prancing the same way if you mount it on the back... :screwy:

Varilux 9/11/14 01:53 PM

...of course not- I mean, if you flip it around it would... um... oh crap- of course you're right...

(So glad no one from work is on this site- I direct a technical marketing department, so one of my functions is to spot stupid comments/concepts like that... hopefully I've gotten my "brain lapse of the day" taken care of now :p)

laserred38 9/11/14 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Varilux (Post 6849664)
...of course not- I mean, if you flip it around it would... um... oh crap- of course you're right... (So glad no one from work is on this site- I direct a technical marketing department, so one of my functions is to spot stupid comments/concepts like that... hopefully I've gotten my "brain lapse of the day" taken care of now :p)

Hahaha no worries buddy. I had to think about it for a moment too...

laserred38 9/21/14 09:19 AM

Any fricken update on this?? I've never wanted to spend $200 at AM so bad...