Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

TPMS Sensors

Old 11/21/13, 11:19 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPMS Sensors

Hey guys. I know if I purchase after market rims without the sensors the tire pressure monitor goes off but is it possible to turn it off? Can I use my BAMA tuner to turn it off?
Old 11/21/13, 05:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 547 Likes on 355 Posts
Yes by adding the Sensors and No
Old 11/22/13, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FloridaSixer
Hey guys. I know if I purchase after market rims without the sensors the tire pressure monitor goes off but is it possible to turn it off? Can I use my BAMA tuner to turn it off?
You can't turn off your TPMS light with a Bama custom Tuner. The only way you can turn off the TPMS light is by getting a set of TPMS sensors installed in your wheels.

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Old 11/22/13, 11:22 AM
GT Member

Can I reuse the ones from my factory wheels?
Old 11/22/13, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Can I reuse the ones from my factory wheels?
Should be able to as long as your new aftermarket wheels aren't some crazy knock-offs and your Sensors won't fit. Are you buying a new set of wheels to use as your winter set? If so, recommend you just get another set of sensors vs swapping them twice a year.

Last edited by EastTNMustang; 11/22/13 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11/22/13, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 14rs3roush

Should be able to as long as your new aftermarket wheels aren't some crazy knock-offs and your Sensors won't fit. Are you buying a new set of wheels to use as your winter set? If so, recommend you just get another set of sensors vs swapping them twice a year.
I'm buying AMR rims and they will be my new set of rims. How hard is it to swap the sensors
Old 11/22/13, 03:11 PM
V6 Member

I'm buying AMR rims and they will be my new set of rims. How hard is it to swap the sensors
just went thru this, bought 10th anniversary wheels, 10 minutes to swap sensors,dont even need to synchronize them. luck.
Old 11/22/13, 04:12 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by numnutz
just went thru this, bought 10th anniversary wheels, 10 minutes to swap sensors,dont even need to synchronize them. luck.
You got lucky. You generally need new stems when you transfer them over. Also you risk damaging the fragile sensor.
Old 11/23/13, 01:58 PM
GT Member

So what do I do to go about switching them over? Go to a tire store or can I do it myself
Old 12/7/13, 07:54 AM

When I put on my new snow tire wheels a few weeks ago, I installed 4 new TPMS sensor bought OEM and brand new over Ebay for 47,99 a piece

Here is the link to the auction

They are working perfect, I dont even had to go trough the learning process with them

So I would recomment to invest these 200 $ for your comfort and safty
Old 12/7/13, 08:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by apial
When I put on my new snow tire wheels a few weeks ago, I installed 4 new TPMS sensor bought OEM and brand new over Ebay for 47,99 a piece

Here is the link to the auction

They are working perfect, I dont even had to go trough the learning process with them

So I would recomment to invest these 200 $ for your comfort and safty
There all kinds of TPMS on Ebay, here is a set for $60 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151174902194&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en Buy it now
As for Comfort and safety, I come from a world where you owned a Tire Pressure Gauge, and knew how to use it. If you are driving around waiting for the stupid light to go off you are running the pressures lower than recommended since the go off in the mid to lower 20 range

Last edited by Siber Express; 12/7/13 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12/7/13, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
There all kinds of TPMS on Ebay, here is a set for $60 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en Buy it now
As for Comfort and safety, I come from a world where you owned a Tire Pressure Gauge, and knew how to use it. If you are driving around waiting for the stupid light to go off you are running the pressures lower than recommended since the go off in the mid to lower 20 range
Maybe it was to early in the morning for my post, the 47,99 wasn't by piece it was for all 4

I'm driving 2.3 bar or 32 psi so exactly as recommend by Ford. And there was no waiting time, the monitoring was working fine just 1 minute after installation

And, I own also an pressure gauge and know how to use it but that doesn't helps you when you loose pressure during driving and maybe don't realize it fast enough. Since the car is already equipped with the system, everyone should invest less than 50 bucks for a few years of a little bit more safety.
Old 12/7/13, 10:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Actually I run 37 PSI in mine and can tell a low tire before the light comes on, but that is having a more than a Couple of Million miles of driving behind me. I have also played around with the pressures to get max performance and wear out of my tires, I have over 20,000 miles on my summer only Pirelli's with about 4/10's remaining.
All the little nannies they keep throwing into cars is just one more thing to break, but my Winter tires and wheels came with the OEM TPMS sensors and there is no relearn or light when I switch them out.