Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

SCT Bama Tune

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/14, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT Bama Tune

Ive installed a Cat back Exhaust and I was thinking about an SCT Bama tune. Does anyone know about how much power per octane tune it will give me and will this void my warranty. I was recently told by my dealership that if they installed Ford Racing 3.55s on my v6 that it would no longer be under warranty, and the same would go for the engine, has anyone else experienced this?
Old 1/14/14, 05:18 AM

you'll get 10-15 rwhp with a 93 octane tune. and as far as getting gears, i'd get them installed at a speed shop. it will be cheaper and your dealer will never know that you had them installed unless they look for it. if you tune your engine you can always go back to stock to have warranty work done, but they may be able to tell if you flashed the ECU. if you switch gears you'll have to use a tuner to get your speedo to read correctly.
Old 1/14/14, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Domestic Stripes 227
Ive installed a Cat back Exhaust and I was thinking about an SCT Bama tune. Does anyone know about how much power per octane tune it will give me and will this void my warranty. I was recently told by my dealership that if they installed Ford Racing 3.55s on my v6 that it would no longer be under warranty, and the same would go for the engine, has anyone else experienced this?
Very cool! What exhaust did you go with?

It really depends on what Octane you decide to run and what tune you want to go with. You'll see 20+ RWHP and 20+ RWTQ with a 93 Octane Race tune! You'll also notice huge gains in acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response and much more.

I've never heard of a dealership voiding a warranty because you installed a set of gears. It's possible that if you install gears and then have problems with the rear end, they can possibly decline the warranty. However, they would have to prove that the modifications that you made caused the issues to your car. I wouldn't recommend lying to the dealership though, that never ends well. I would just call a few other local dealerships and see what they think!

I hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 1/14/14, 11:55 AM

Thanks Maxwell and Thanks Dan. I will check around, we've got one more dealership in the area and if that doesn't work I'll go to a speed shop. @Dan I went with SSN MBRP cat back I'm loving the sound. I can't tell the hp gain difference but my cousin swears he can
Old 1/15/14, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks Maxwell and Thanks Dan. I will check around, we've got one more dealership in the area and if that doesn't work I'll go to a speed shop. @Dan I went with SSN MBRP cat back I'm loving the sound. I can't tell the hp gain difference but my cousin swears he can
Let us know how you make out! Great choice with the MBRP cat-back, they make a great exhaust. I love the tone on that set up!

-Dan
Old 1/29/14, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Eh, idk how urgent you feel getting a tune is, but honestly if you get the bama tune, dont expect any great things. Might be slightly better idk, but in my case i think it was almost useless. AT least i think it fixed the speedo, i hope lol.
Old 1/29/14, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Very cool! What exhaust did you go with?

It really depends on what Octane you decide to run and what tune you want to go with. You'll see 20+ RWHP and 20+ RWTQ with a 93 Octane Race tune! You'll also notice huge gains in acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response and much more.

-Dan
While I agree there are clear gains across the powerband, it's important to clarify what Dan-O is saying. That 20/20 increase isn't peak, but somewhere in the curve. Expect about a 10hp peak increase.