Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

In need of exhaust advice....

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/13, 04:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by V6 Driver
Thanks for the input guys. On my V6 I already have Bassani axle backs, so I would only be adding BBK Long tube headers and a matched shorty catted x pipe. In Wisconsin I have to retain the cats for emissions. This is probably the route I will be taking, as a recent call to ProCharger revealed they will not be releasing a 2013 V6 specific SC anytime soon. On paper the addition of the fore-mentioned BBK components should should net 30ish HP. Add a performance tune (will order at the same time) and the gain may be 50 -60hp at the crank. At least on paper. I am just hopeful that the sound will not be too obnoxious.
That should put you over 300hp at the rear wheels (which is where the HP numbers matter), especially with a 91-octane tune. You might also want to consider the ported upper and lower intake set, as well as a bbk throttle body for more bottom-end.

At that point, you've done everything you can for a naturally aspirated motor without pulling the it apart.

As a final option, there is an intake available with six individual throttle bodies for $3500. The manufacturer claims 350-400 HP depending on other engine mods.
Old 4/6/13, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, American Muscle just got a bunch of my money. The SCT tuner and BBK LTH and catted shorty X pipe ordered. LTH is backordered for 2 weeks, so the tuner had to be set up with my near stock components as that will probably arrive first. I sent my info to Bama this morning. Retune after the other components are installed.

Once they arrive I'll be doing the installation of the pipes myself....something new and a learing experience.
Old 4/6/13, 05:59 PM
Cobra Member

Well, American Muscle just got a bunch of my money. The SCT tuner and BBK LTH and catted shorty X pipe ordered. LTH is backordered for 2 weeks, so the tuner had to be set up with my near stock components as that will probably arrive first. I sent my info to Bama this morning. Retune after the other components are installed.

Once they arrive I'll be doing the installation of the pipes myself....something new and a learing experience.
I just picked up a set of used ceramic LTH, catted xpipe, AND off road xpipe for $800.

I'll be ordering my cai/tuner on Monday.
Old 4/6/13, 06:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons

I just picked up a set of used ceramic LTH, catted xpipe, AND off road xpipe for $800.

That should get some power!
Old 4/7/13, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jsimmons

I saw the ones offered here if those are the onces you are refering to. I didnt trust that they came with all the required O2 sensor extentions. At least the seller didnt show them in the photos, so I wasnt going to take the chance. I paid about the same as you with the tuner being the difference in price.

Regardless, we can compare notes on install and sound.
Old 4/7/13, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

I saw the ones offered here if those are the onces you are refering to. I didnt trust that they came with all the required O2 sensor extentions. At least the seller didnt show them in the photos, so I wasnt going to take the chance. I paid about the same as you with the tuner being the difference in price.

Regardless, we can compare notes on install and sound.
They do have the sensor extensions. He didn't have to ship them because we live reasonably close to each other.
Old 5/28/13, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, over the long weekend I finally got my BBK Long tube headers and catted Xpipe installed. It took 11 hours for me to do the install by myself in my garage. They went on ok, everything fit as it should. The verdict......they are louder which is what I wanted. At idle coupled with the Bassani axle backs there is a very nice rumble. At 3K they sound a bit weird. I need to get a pass by sound clip to see what it sounds like to other drivers. At my cruising speed (75mph) on the z-way they sound very nice. I have my Bama 93 octane performance tune in. I notice that my low end torque feels like it is gone. I am going to put a few hundred miles on these and see if things settle and the gas mileage improves a bit. A few other threads have mentioned that switching to the 73mm BBK throttle body will make the low end torque come back. I am going to see if I cant get that on sale as 400$ is a bit steep at this point as I just ordered up my suspension mods.

If anyone has any other input on the BBK 73mm throttle body feel free to chime in.