Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Looking for a REAL WORLD 1" drop for my DD

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/13, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a REAL WORLD 1" drop for my DD

I am putting together my suspension build and am looking at the Steeda Sports but I am afraid they will not drops as much as advertised ( 1" front/ 1.25" rear). I currently have 20's and the car is my DD so I do not want more of a drop than an inch. Can anyone confirm or deny the actual ride height/drop of the Sports on a V6?

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 10/9/13, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Get the Eibach Pro kit. It is slightly less than advertised. I was actually disappointed since it didn't lower it as much as I wanted. That may work good for you.
Old 10/9/13, 10:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I am putting together my suspension build and am looking at the Steeda Sports but I am afraid they will not drops as much as advertised ( 1" front/ 1.25" rear). I currently have 20's and the car is my DD so I do not want more of a drop than an inch. Can anyone confirm or deny the actual ride height/drop of the Sports on a V6?

Thanks,
Matthew
I was trying to do the same but after talking to TJ and Matt from Steeda they are not recommending any if there springs for us V6 guys because it won't drop correctly. They were telling me that it would actually make it so the back sits lower than the front because the engine is so much lighter. The thing is that on there website it only says not to use the sport springs but it doesn't say we can't use the ultralites (I wouldn't risk it). They are developing a spring specifically for the V6. If you are looking to do it now I would go with the Eibach pro-kit. Had it on my '12 V6 and I loved how well they helped the handling and the ride. My only complaint was that it didn't drop low enough for me so this time I will probably go with the sportlines. Pro-kit drop is .8 front and 1.2 rear.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 10/9/13 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10/9/13, 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I was trying to do the same but after talking to TJ and Matt from Steeda yhey are noy recommending any if there springs for us V6 guys because it won't drop correctly. They were telling me that it would actually make it so the back sits lower than the front because the engine is so much lighter. The thing is that on there website it only says not to use the sport springs but it doesn't say we can't use the ultralites (I wouldn't risk it). They are developing a spring specifically for the V6. If you are looking to do it now I woyld go with the Eibach pro-kit. Had it on my '12 V6 and I loved how well they helped the handling and the ride. My only complaint was that it didn't drop low enough for me so this time I will probably go with the sportlines. Pro-kit drop is .8 front and 1.2 rear.

Can I see pics of your other car with the Eibach pro kit? and also pics of your new car with the sportlines once you get 'em... Ive been thinking about going with one of these but was hoping to see some clear shots of the drop before
Old 10/9/13, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Can I see pics of your other car with the Eibach pro kit? and also pics of your new car with the sportlines once you get 'em... Ive been thinking about going with one of these but was hoping to see some clear shots of the drop before
This is the only pic I have from the side of my '12 V6. I won't have the sportlines on the '14 until spring.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a REAL WORLD 1" drop for my DD-20130614_201220.jpg  
Old 10/10/13, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is the only pic I have from the side of my '12 V6. I won't have the sportlines on the '14 until spring.
Thanks!
Do you remember the size of those wheels/rims/tires?
Also, do you temember if when you took this pic, had the springs already settled in or were they just barely installed?
Old 10/10/13, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

The wheels & tires are stock that come with MCA pkg. 18x8 I believe and tires 235/50/18 all around. This pics was after they had settled. Just after install the drop was almost as advertised ( .7 front & 1.15 rear) but a couple months later the front drop was 1" and rear was 1.2. Also I didn't have a spare tire in the trunk, I had that tire mobility crap that Ford was putting in the Stangs. Glad this time I have a actual spare.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 10/10/13 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10/10/13, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

The wheels & tires are stock that come with MCA pkg. 18x8 I believe and tires 235/50/18 all around. This pics was after they had settled. Just after install the drop was almost as advertised ( .7 front & 1.15 rear) but a couple months later the front drop was 1" and rear was 1.2. Also I didn't have a spare tire in the trunk, I had that tire mobility crap that Ford was putting in the Stangs. Glad this time I have a actual spare.
**** the gap on my car would be even bigger then. Yours are 27.3" tires mine are 26.6"(diameter). So you think the sportlines should do the trick?

EDIT: nevermind, entered wrong info for my tires lol. Mine are actually 27" so were about the same. Question remains about the sportlines tho. Have you ever seen any in person?

Last edited by roadrunner; 10/10/13 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10/11/13, 03:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 555 Likes on 361 Posts
Here is what my 2010 looked like with the Vogtlang .8/1.2 V6 Leveling kit and SRT.t Koni's
Name:  Mustangpicsaroundtown038.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  179.3 KB
Name:  Mustangpicsaroundtown040.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  234.7 KB
Car handled awesome and any lower I can't get in and out of the garage.
Old 10/11/13, 05:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
Here is what my 2010 looked like with the Vogtlang .8/1.2 V6 Leveling kit and SRT.t Koni's Car handled awesome and any lower I can't get in and out of the garage.
I like that. I might go with that one, I don't want a huge drop because NoVa roads suck but I do want it a little lower
Old 10/11/13, 09:09 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

SR + Koni str.T shock struts

Here is the SR springs and Koni str.T setup with gt500 mounts.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a REAL WORLD 1" drop for my DD-rotors_1.jpg  
Attached Images    

Last edited by CVH; 10/11/13 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10/11/13, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Here is what my 2010 looked like with the Vogtlang .8/1.2 V6 Leveling kit and SRT.t Koni's

I don't see where they say these springs will work and have the same drop for a 11+ V6.
Old 10/11/13, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CVH
That looks good but I didn't want to do 1.5 all around. Do you still have a raked stance? Any problems going up a driveway incline?
Old 10/11/13, 01:29 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

That looks good but I didn't want to do 1.5 all around. Do you still have a raked stance? Any problems going up a driveway incline?
I have not had any issues here in South Florida with clearance. Never once hit the undercarriage and I can barely clear a front parking block. My bump stops hit the back occasionally, I am thinking of cutting of a notch.
Old 10/11/13, 01:34 PM
GT Member

Ford Racing V6 Handling Pack

Just a teeny bit higher in the back. I love it. Well designed specifically for the V6

Last edited by ustabawannab; 10/11/13 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10/11/13, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CVH

I have not had any issues here in South Florida with clearance. Never once hit the undercarriage and I can barely clear a front parking block. My bump stops hit the back occasionally, I am thinking of cutting of a notch.
So what was your drop after it settled?
Old 10/11/13, 05:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't see where they say these springs will work and have the same drop for a 11+ V6.
J+M has them listed up to 11, I would say they will fit a 12-14 also.
http://www.hotpart.com/2005-2011-for...t-your-option/
Old 10/12/13, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry guys been away for a few days due to work. THANKS for all the input.

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
Get the Eibach Pro kit. It is slightly less than advertised. I was actually disappointed since it didn't lower it as much as I wanted. That may work good for you.
How is the ride on the Eibach's? I have heard it is a harder ride then the Steedas and being it is my DD I dont want a harsh ride. Thats what my '95 is for.

I was trying to do the same but after talking to TJ and Matt from Steeda they are not recommending any if there springs for us V6 guys because it won't drop correctly. They were telling me that it would actually make it so the back sits lower than the front because the engine is so much lighter. The thing is that on there website it only says not to use the sport springs but it doesn't say we can't use the ultralites (I wouldn't risk it). They are developing a spring specifically for the V6. If you are looking to do it now I would go with the Eibach pro-kit. Had it on my '12 V6 and I loved how well they helped the handling and the ride. My only complaint was that it didn't drop low enough for me so this time I will probably go with the sportlines. Pro-kit drop is .8 front and 1.2 rear.
How long ago did you talk to Steeda? I wanted to get the parts (PHB, springs, CC plates) from the same place and Steeda has a great rep. plus all of their parts are made in the USA (<-- big selling point for me).

That looks good and it ended up being a 1/1.2 drop like you say that would be exactly what I am looking for!

What is wrong with the mobility kit? I was actually thinking of buying one as I have '20s so the spare would be less that useless to me and the mobility kit would cut down on weight.

I have never heard of Vogtland before. Do you know who makes them? I am planning on going with Koni's, how are they ride wise? Hard, soft, or stock feeling?

Originally Posted by CVH
Thanks but 1.5 is to much for me. Having the CS lower valance I cant drop more than 1''.

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
Ford Racing V6 Handling Pack

Just a teeny bit higher in the back. I love it. Well designed specifically for the V6
I was looking at that kit but its so expensive. What was the overall drop?

J+M has them listed up to 11, I would say they will fit a 12-14 also.
http://www.hotpart.com/2005-2011-for...t-your-option/
Thanks. Ill look into it.

Matthew
Old 10/12/13, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Matt, there is nothing wrong with the tire mobikity kit, I just prefer having a actual spare as the mobility kit has those canisters that you have to replace once you use it and if you have a bad enough blow out you can't use it anyway. I talked to Steeda about a month ago. Nothing has changed from when I talked to them and they didn't seem to know when they would have a spring out for the V6. You can contact them on here for full details. I also just found out that 13 & 14 MY are 55 lbs. heavier than 11-12 MY so the Eibach might be slightly lower on yours than my '12 but not much. The ride was not bad at all just a little stiffer and much better handling. I had them installed with stock shocks and struts tho so if you change those to I think your ride will be good and handling great!
Old 10/12/13, 10:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Matt, Vogtland Springs are made by Vogtland, they do manufacture springs for others though. http://www.vogtland-na.com/en/company.php
I was running them with SRT.T Koni's and the ride was almost as good as stock. When I do suspension on the 13 I will be getting Koni Yellows though, I would like to firm up the Shocks when I go to the Mountains.

Quick Reply: Looking for a REAL WORLD 1" drop for my DD