Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

If youre wanting to get BBK long tubes with a Bassani axle back...

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/14, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If youre wanting to get BBK long tubes with a Bassani axle back...

if you wanted to get bbk long tubes with off road x pipe and bassani axle back's, dont. unless you like youre exhaust EXTREMELY loud. its seriously louder than any of the straight piped trucks around here but it does sound a lot better than they do. everyone thats rode with me since i put them on says it sounds a built v8 when i punch it with the windows down. when i drive normally it sounds way to raspy though. ill post up a video before i go to take the bassani's off and put the stock mufflers back on even though i just put the bassani's on a few hours ago.
Old 2/28/14, 08:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
if you wanted to get bbk long tubes with off road x pipe and bassani axle back's, dont. unless you like youre exhaust EXTREMELY loud. its seriously louder than any of the straight piped trucks around here but it does sound a lot better than they do. everyone thats rode with me since i put them on says it sounds a built v8 when i punch it with the windows down. when i drive normally it sounds way to raspy though. ill post up a video before i go to take the bassani's off and put the stock mufflers back on even though i just put the bassani's on a few hours ago.
what are you gonna do with your bassani? If u don't mind me asking.. Wanna trade up with my borla touring with some cash?
Old 2/28/14, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ion_arch
what are you gonna do with your bassani? If u don't mind me asking.. Wanna trade up with my borla touring with some cash?
i had some people wanted to buy them on here before i put them on. ive had them sitting in my shop for a while. and how much cash are you talking? im really not wanting to shell out much cash since these are pretty much new plus im kinda low on cash to spend on my car.
Old 2/28/14, 09:00 PM
V6 Member

i had some people wanted to buy them on here before i put them on. ive had them sitting in my shop for a while. and how much cash are you talking? im really not wanting to shell out much cash since these are pretty much new plus im kinda low on cash to spend on my car.
got them Farely new also only 500 miles on them since it's in the garage right now... Are u near mass? I think the best bet is to sell them and buy the touring. It's kinda quite with just stock set up but with the long tube that would compliment really we'll..
Old 2/28/14, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

well i put the bassani's on and rode around a little before i put the headers on so i could see the difference the headers made and the bassanis with out the headers wasnt anywhere near as loud as it is now with the headers on it. im probably just gonna get my exhaust shop to weld on some 4.5 inch tips on my stock axle backs and just put those back on and sell the bassani's. its entirely to loud like this. my friend was standing beside the road and i punched it when i was going by him and his ears started ringing. its ridiculous and i really dont want to get a ticket for it being so loud so ima just go back with stock probably.
Old 2/28/14, 09:15 PM
V6 Member

well i put the bassani's on and rode around a little before i put the headers on so i could see the difference the headers made and the bassanis with out the headers wasnt anywhere near as loud as it is now with the headers on it. im probably just gonna get my exhaust shop to weld on some 4.5 inch tips on my stock axle backs and just put those back on and sell the bassani's. its entirely to loud like this. my friend was standing beside the road and i punched it when i was going by him and his ears started ringing. its ridiculous and i really dont want to get a ticket for it being so loud so ima just go back with stock probably.
. Good luck on the sale bro... Getting tickets are not worth it..
Old 3/1/14, 04:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ion_arch
I'll trade you Borla s-types for touring
Old 3/1/14, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have bassani axlebacks, bbk long tube headers and the catted X pipe and I love the sound. Crazy loud while on the throttle but just right at idle or cruising speed. Perhaps because you are cattless it is louder? I agree that without the headers the bassanis are quieter, more exotic sounding. But with the extra airflow from the LT headers it is going to change the tone. I have to admit with the bama tune that combo was a bit obnoxious, however swear my custom dyno tune changed the tone although I have nothing to support that theory. I wouldn't change my combo for anything, except maybe a million dollars and a trip back in time so I could marry Paulina Porizkova.

Last edited by V6 Driver; 3/1/14 at 09:05 AM.
Old 3/1/14, 09:13 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by V6 Driver
I have bassani axlebacks, bbk long tube headers and the catted X pipe and I love the sound. Crazy loud while on the throttle but just right at idle or cruising speed. Perhaps because you are cattless it is louder? I agree that without the headers the bassanis are quieter, more exotic sounding. But with the extra airflow from the LT headers it is going to change the tone. I have to admit with the bama tune that combo was a bit obnoxious, however swear my custom dyno tune changed the tone although I have nothing to support that theory. I wouldn't change my combo for anything, except maybe a million dollars and a trip back in time so I could marry Paulina Porizkova.
You are right about the tunes changing the tone. I am still working with Bama to straighten out my tunes. My Steeda tune makes a very noticeable difference in the tone - More aggressive sounding. The BamaH tune is more mellow with less pop.
OP, if you weld in some high flow cats, you can tone down the rasp, crackle, pop.
I would never suggest these cars to go catless, being a daily driver.
I have a pair of GT500 single tips for sale as soon as my Borla Tourings come in. They are already mated to fit the 13-14 3.7L

Last edited by CVH; 3/1/14 at 09:14 AM.
Old 3/1/14, 09:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The offroad mid pipe is the biggest culprit in the obnoxious sound, but that is to be expected. Putting the stock mufflers back on will quiet it down some at low revs and idle but it will still be obnoxious under load and at WOT.
Old 3/1/14, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

ill probably get some resonators welded in. i wanted the cat less for more power. i still have my old tune thats isnt for the headers so maybe the new tune will sound better when it comes in. im gonna take a data log and send it for a tune revision either way after i get my new tune in though. i dont like doing tunes with out them looking at a data log although ill look at the log first to see how off it is. i really only need it quieter at lower rpm's. its fine if its loud when i hit it.
Old 3/1/14, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

what mod do you guys recommend next in the $500-$800 range? im running out of stuff to get. im thinking tubular k member and radiator support.
Old 3/2/14, 07:44 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're looking at very little power difference between a catless mid pipe and one with high flow cats.
Old 3/2/14, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah but a flow threw style muffler flows a lot better than even a high flow cat so im just going to get 2 resonators installed where the cats would be.
Old 3/20/14, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

heres a video of my exhaust from inside the car with the windows down. ill get a better video but this will work for right now i guess.
Old 3/27/14, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^Yup. Sounds about right. With those narrow streets lined with buildings it sounds pretty awesome doesn't it. Brings to mind the plate glass windows vibrating during the street race scene in Fast Five.

Not sure why but I think my car is way louder and I have a catted xpipe. When I am on the freeway in the lane next to the concrete median divider I can hear the exhaust echoing off it with the windows up! Granted that is under throttle. But if I really wan to wear a silly grin I hammer it in one of the local freeway tunnels.

Last edited by V6 Driver; 3/27/14 at 08:57 PM.