Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

I am now procharged

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/13, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am now procharged

My V6 is now procharged. All I have to say is wow. I can definitely feel that is has more power than my GT now. I need to get used to it though. I can feel the boost as it kicks in at about 4000 RPM's and I'll actually start getting wheel spin as it kicks in while in first or second gear. So I need to be careful of that. It is loud too...which is both a plus and a minus at the same time.

I'm still on the canned tune. I'll probably stay there for awhile. This is also my DD so we'll see how it handles over the long run but so far it seems perfectly fine for DD.

One other odd thing though that maybe others or other procharged folks might have an idea on. Sometimes when accelerating hard I'll get a drop in power almost a feeling like hitting the rev limiter or not getting fuel. I haven't fully noticed the pattern, but I think it may occur more often when I don't immediately open the throttle up. I think it might happen more often when easing into the throttle while starting to get into boost and then opening up the throttle instead of going WOT into boost. I'm thinking that not going WOT into boost might not be a good idea as in that I might be potentially not getting enough fuel and that WOT would perhaps be safer going into boost anyways. Thoughts on this?

Overall my AFR seems good. it's running about 11.7 while in WOT. So I think I'm good there. I haven't noticed yet what the AFR is when that "bog" sometimes happens. But I'm now keeping a closer eye on that.

Overall I'm happy though. Just need to keep my eyes on these few quirks I've noticed so far.

Last edited by db2797; 4/7/13 at 05:24 PM.
Old 4/7/13, 05:20 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good report. Pics?
Old 4/7/13, 05:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweeet man that's awesome!! I want to do this to mine eventually. What yr is yours?
Old 4/7/13, 05:38 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Sweeet man that's awesome!! I want to do this to mine eventually. What yr is yours?
Talked to an engine builder today, he said the new mustang v6s are similar to 2jz. He put a turbo on and auto, upgraded the trans to be the same as the gt and it ran mid 10s
Old 4/7/13, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Good report. Pics?
Thanks! And yes...I do need to get pics ...I will try to get some put up in the next few days.

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Thanks! It's an 11.
Old 4/7/13, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes yes. I need pics. I called ProCharger last week about a system for the '13. They said not for a while as they are focusing on Chargers/Challengers right now. 6 months to a year was the point. I am sure that a '12 system would fit, but I don't want to be the test vehicle when 7K is at stake.

Did you have any mods done prior to install?
Old 4/7/13, 07:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by V6 Driver
Yes yes. I need pics. I called ProCharger last week about a system for the '13. They said not for a while as they are focusing on Chargers/Challengers right now. 6 months to a year was the point. I am sure that a '12 system would fit, but I don't want to be the test vehicle when 7K is at stake.

Did you have any mods done prior to install?
Wow chargers and challengers? That's surprising
Old 4/8/13, 01:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an idea but have you tried disconnecting the o2 sensors? I've heard of some systems going into "open loop" when the sensors are disconnected and has help some cars while under boost.
Old 4/8/13, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on the upgrade. I originally thought this would be a mod I would do, but am so happy with how my car performs now, I think I'm just going to quit while I'm ahead. I will get my manifolds ported and probably get LT headers after that, but then I should be done other than zeroing my tune.
Old 4/13/13, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fintile
Just an idea but have you tried disconnecting the o2 sensors? I've heard of some systems going into "open loop" when the sensors are disconnected and has help some cars while under boost.
No I haven't but that's a really good idea. I will try that. Still easing into the boost too. I'm not seeing the lag as much as the first day. But I haven't been in boost too many times. Traction is definitely an issue lol. I even have MT Streets. It's a bit cold out too so that my not be helping my traction. But once that boost kicks in, from 4500 RPM's and up in 1st and 2nd gear, I can spin my tires forever. I'm running a bunch of other mods with the canned tune. I know that's not recommended, but that tune seems to be working fine with the mods I have.
Old 4/13/13, 01:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Some pics of my cars too with my procharged V6 and my GT. Forewarning...some may be offended by my stripes. I've debated removing them and I've asked a bunch of people whether I should. And I've gotten a unanimous no that they contribute to the uniqueness of the car and I should keep them. So I'm keeping them on even though others may disapprove.

Now that that's out of the way.

My cars are also dirty. I really need to get them washed up. So disregards the dust and dirt. And wow...black sure does show dust. It's amazing how my red car hides dust compared to my black car.

Pics!!!
Attached Thumbnails I am now procharged-884_new.jpg   I am now procharged-887_new.jpg   I am now procharged-890_new.jpg   I am now procharged-893_new.jpg   I am now procharged-894_new.jpg  

Attached Images  
Old 4/22/13, 12:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What's wrong with the strips? All I see is BOSS MCa on your 6 but who cares you'll most likely blow a real BOSS off the street once you figure out how to get traction lol
Old 5/3/13, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fintile
What's wrong with the strips? All I see is BOSS MCa on your 6 but who cares you'll most likely blow a real BOSS off the street once you figure out how to get traction lol
Thanks Fintile....that's exactly it right there about the stripes. Interestingly my V6 was able to keep up at the dragstrip with a procharged 2003 GT when it was still NA.

In other news, I solved the lag issue. I went through all the tubes to make sure they were as straight as possible and did another tightening on all the brackets/clamps. Problem solved. This thing really hauls butt now. It's hard not getting into boost every time I drive it lol.
Old 5/3/13, 03:15 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by db2797
Some pics of my cars too with my procharged V6 and my GT. Forewarning...some may be offended by my stripes. I've debated removing them and I've asked a bunch of people whether I should. And I've gotten a unanimous no that they contribute to the uniqueness of the car and I should keep them. So I'm keeping them on even though others may disapprove.

Now that that's out of the way.

My cars are also dirty. I really need to get them washed up. So disregards the dust and dirt. And wow...black sure does show dust. It's amazing how my red car hides dust compared to my black car.

Pics!!!
Old 5/3/13, 04:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you like the stripes that is all that matters so keep them on.

I know a number of procharged V6 owners and the performance of their cars, I'll line up against you if you want.

Texas? If not, come on down and we'll take them out to the track and have some fun!
Old 5/3/13, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
If you like the stripes that is all that matters so keep them on.

I know a number of procharged V6 owners and the performance of their cars, I'll line up against you if you want.

Texas? If not, come on down and we'll take them out to the track and have some fun!
Thanks Ltngdrvr...and exactly...we should all do what we want to our cars and not worry about what others think.

Wish I lived near Texas. I'd definitely come down there! I actually took my GT to a 1/4 mile track near me tonight. I think I'm going to take my V6 down there soon and see how it compares to it. My GT ran very consistent. All runs within 3/100ths of each other. So I'm interested to see how my V6 will do comparatively.
Old 5/3/13, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I almost care that you're shaming me

nahh...just kidding. I really don't care at all.
Old 5/3/13, 09:22 PM
Banned

I almost care that you're shaming me

nahh...just kidding. I really don't care at all.
The is for that dirty engine compartment!!! :keepthatengineclean:
Old 5/3/13, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
The is for that dirty engine compartment!!! :keepthatengineclean:
ahh...sorry about jumping the gun man..actually I am ashamed about how dirty my car is.
Old 5/3/13, 09:29 PM
Banned

ahh...sorry about jumping the gun man..actually I am ashamed about how dirty my car is.
That engine compartment hasn't been cleaned in awhile. I can tell because of the buildup on the brake fluid reservoir.

Quick Reply: I am now procharged