Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Feeling sluggish w/ tune

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/14, 12:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feeling sluggish w/ tune

Ive been running various Bama tunes over the past couple years. They are great, work well. They are a bit on the conservative side for me. Id like a leaner tune for one as ny car just spits black char all over the inside of ny exhaust ( I clean my exhaust tips and a week later they are dirty all over again.) Anyway I just moved from San Diego to Boston a nonth a ago and prior to my trip I switched to an 87 street tune from a 91 Hybrid. It felt good. Smooth and peppy but most importantly after a day of driving the npgs were nuch better...(avg. 28mpg with a manual and 3.31 gears). Now it feels as if its a bit more sluggish and has more of a struggle geting off the line. Is it just that im used to the feel or what?
Old 6/1/14, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Pay MPT $75, do some datalogging. Problem solved. You'll actually thank me.
Old 6/1/14, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I wish. I tried to data log before I moved out but my laptop wont stay on more than 5-10 mins before it shuts off...battery is bad
Old 6/2/14, 06:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fintile
Ive been running various Bama tunes over the past couple years.
I think we found the problem guys.

I consider Bama tunes to be like the Wal-Mart of tunes.

MPT or Lund are very good. I'm running Steeda because I trust them. They have a close relationship with Ford and put a lot of time and money into testing and engineering to ensure there are no issues. I've been running my Steeda 93 octane tune for 10,000 miles and love it.

If you want to safely get a more aggressive tune, you can either get a power inverter and keep your laptop plugged in, or you can get a true dyno tune by a reputable shop.
Old 6/2/14, 06:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

****. Should have taken care of this while I was still in So Cal. So far I haven't been able to find a shop out here that can do such a thing.
Old 6/2/14, 07:50 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fintile
Ive been running various Bama tunes over the past couple years. They are great, work well. They are a bit on the conservative side for me. Id like a leaner tune for one as ny car just spits black char all over the inside of ny exhaust ( I clean my exhaust tips and a week later they are dirty all over again.) Anyway I just moved from San Diego to Boston a nonth a ago and prior to my trip I switched to an 87 street tune from a 91 Hybrid. It felt good. Smooth and peppy but most importantly after a day of driving the npgs were nuch better...(avg. 28mpg with a manual and 3.31 gears). Now it feels as if its a bit more sluggish and has more of a struggle geting off the line. Is it just that im used to the feel or what?
It sounds like you're just used to the car. If you're getting 28MPG and the car has always felt good, I don't think there is anything wrong with the tune. We do like to make our tunes on the safe side that we can ensure quality and longevity. However, at request we can make them a bit more aggressive!

Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll have the Bama team reach out to you directly! Hope this helps.

I look forward to speaking with you!

-Dan
Old 6/2/14, 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Absolutely! Ill put an order in tonight and PM you the order number.