Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Exhaust questions ! from header to axleback

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/12, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?

Well if I had $700 to drop on an exhaust I would! But I'll stick with the Roush, did my research and heard em in person and it's not bad ! I'm not expecting a v8 sound but there is still that nice deep idle and popping gargle sound, it fits my needs but thanks for the suggestion !

I messaged two american muscle people here and no response on coupons lol I will wait until wednesday and that's when ill place the order, they will lose one customer for sure.
Yeah i guess the roush is good for the price. I bet an h pipe would sound good with the roush/v6.
Old 8/30/12, 02:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
The roush exhaust on a v6 doesn't have a good tone in my opinion. However, They sound great on a v8. Go figure.

In addition, the tone is very loud. I love loud but this is slap your face, run and hide loud. I haven't heard many v6 upgrade exhausts in person but I have heard that one! It sounded to me like a buzz, hollow metallic, grating machine like tone. I can imagine that it is quite loud in the cabin as well. Sadly, it is very similar to the sound of a modded honda.

Im looking for the rumble, gurgle, shake, and pop sound. Where to find on a v6 is a mystery if it can even be done.

So you may need to run headers or something else if you do get the axel backs.
Well said on the Roush and V6's....I'm telling you, they are freakin' obnoxious loud. At idle, they are sweet. Take the car out for a drive, just a light excelleration, and they sound like the "across the pond" vehicles that have those "chock-full-o-nuts" coffee can mufflers. I'm not kidding. I bought a perfect set used from another 2011 V6 owner that had a convertable. He had them on for less than 20 minutes (top down), and promptly removed them; sold them here. He admitted they were "too loud for his tastes". I bought them, installed them, and went for a simple ride with the wife to get some lunch; I have a coupe. Not even getting hard on the gas, the wife looked at me and asked "what the $#@ are you thinking"? After lunch, I went back to the house and removed them. Sold them promptly. They're a beautiful looking muffler, and super light. They removed at least 30 pounds from the Mustangs stock muffler arrangement. I really wanted them to work out, but that noise coming out back was just too much like the 4 cylinder kid mobiles.

Perhaps they sound better on a V8 (don't see how though). On our V6, Yuuk. If you're looking to get attention, install them. Folks will hear you from a half mile away. Not a pleasent sound, but they will know your coming.

Last edited by Bucko; 8/30/12 at 02:41 PM.
Old 8/30/12, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
The roush exhaust on a v6 doesn't have a good tone in my opinion. However, They sound great on a v8. Go figure.

In addition, the tone is very loud. I love loud but this is slap your face, run and hide loud. I haven't heard many v6 upgrade exhausts in person but I have heard that one! It sounded to me like a buzz, hollow metallic, grating machine like tone. I can imagine that it is quite loud in the cabin as well. Sadly, it is very similar to the sound of a modded honda.

Im looking for the rumble, gurgle, shake, and pop sound. Where to find on a v6 is a mystery if it can even be done.

So you may need to run headers or something else if you do get the axel backs.
The two that come close to that sound your a looking for are the Bassani - which i have - and the FRPP exhausts in my opinion.