Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Catless H-Pipe....

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/13, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catless H-Pipe....

Does anyone have experience with a catless H pipe on the V6s?

There is a youtube video of a guy with a catless H pipe and Flowmaster 40s and it sounds pretty good.
Old 11/5/13, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not seen anybody make one, I'm guessing you would have to have one custom made. The stock pipe is a hybrid H-pipe/X-pipe, maybe he just took the cats out and had straight pipes welded in....
Old 11/6/13, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zbrewha863
I have not seen anybody make one, I'm guessing you would have to have one custom made. The stock pipe is a hybrid H-pipe/X-pipe, maybe he just took the cats out and had straight pipes welded in....
http://www.lethalperformance.com/201...ad-h-pipe.html

They make one. I may try it out.

I think it sounds decent for a V6.

This video makes me
Old 11/7/13, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

What is that rattling sound in the videos? Do they just use flimsy clamps or what?
Old 11/21/13, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

What is that rattling sound in the videos? Do they just use flimsy clamps or what?
thats just a ton of rasp. it doesnt sound bad but its just way to loud for my preference. sounds like he left the stock X/H pipe in there and just cut the cats out or gutted them.

Last edited by southcarolina12; 11/21/13 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11/21/13, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
thats just a ton of rasp. it doesnt sound bad but its just way to loud for my preference. sounds like he left the stock X/H pipe in there and just cut the cats out or gutted them.
I think I read on one of his videos that it's the Lethal Performance H pipe.

But after much thought I have decided it's too loud. I left the stock mufflers on and had chrome rolled tips welded on. The stock exhaust sounds decent enough for me now.
Old 11/25/13, 07:00 PM
Banned

lol, that's actually what your v6's sound like.
Old 11/25/13, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Bottom video sounds good. Not sure if that is the same car. Top one has way too much rasp though. My setup has cats and it is almost as loud as that but no rasp.
Old 11/27/13, 11:47 AM

I had a set installed on mine with Flowmasters mufflers. it was nice for a day or so. Then it got too annoying and the bottom end loss torque so i took them off. I wanted a descent sound and performance after a lot trial and error I found what I was looking for. A set of BBK shorty Heaters and Pypes axelback mufflers. the sound and performance are on point. No raspiness.
Old 2/7/14, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Try just installing a factory GT H pipe. I did it to mine. Performance wise it felt smoother and a tad quicker above 4k rpm. No loss in low end but dont feel much gain. Sound is ok but I feel like I lost that burbbling. I could hear a distinct burbble from 1500rpm-3300 before it would all come together now it starts at 1500 and ends just before 3k and then it blends into this ugly Tacoma Prerunner exhaust sound.
Old 2/8/14, 12:13 PM

first post!!

I have experience with the catless h-pipe and yes its the LethalPerformance 2.5". I can say its one of my favourite performance mods and not necessary for it's gains. It really gave my car a whole new attitude! I love how it sounds on cold starts, not necessarily too loud when your cruising but at wot all hell breaks loose LOL. It does get rasby at 3k, but then dies down. I will mention that when you first install the catless pipe its really really loud..but that will change with time and some carbon build up!

I had this setup paired up with Ford Racing Sport axle-backs then with my bbk headers. I preferred this h-pipe when matted to the headers..it was deeper..less rasp and you can tell that it really provided additional flow. Mine you with the additional flow, the h-pipe sounded lightly quieter.

Without supporting mods the performance gains are noticeable but its not until you have supporting mods that you can really feel the difference even more so. I feel the gains were more in the high range until I added the headers. Regardless even with just the h-pipe there no doubt in my mind you will see better numbers, the stock cats are defiantly restrictive. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Last edited by AngrySmurf; 2/8/14 at 12:14 PM.
Old 2/8/14, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AngrySmurf
first post!!

I have experience with the catless h-pipe and yes its the LethalPerformance 2.5". I can say its one of my favourite performance mods and not necessary for it's gains. It really gave my car a whole new attitude! I love how it sounds on cold starts, not necessarily too loud when your cruising but at wot all hell breaks loose LOL. It does get rasby at 3k, but then dies down. I will mention that when you first install the catless pipe its really really loud..but that will change with time and some carbon build up!

I had this setup paired up with Ford Racing Sport axle-backs then with my bbk headers. I preferred this h-pipe when matted to the headers..it was deeper..less rasp and you can tell that it really provided additional flow. Mine you with the additional flow, the h-pipe sounded lightly quieter.

Without supporting mods the performance gains are noticeable but its not until you have supporting mods that you can really feel the difference even more so. I feel the gains were more in the high range until I added the headers. Regardless even with just the h-pipe there no doubt in my mind you will see better numbers, the stock cats are defiantly restrictive. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Welcome to the forums and thanks for the reply!

I am leaning toward the lethal performance unit paired with the BBK shorty headers. I hope to have them ordered within the month and installed when it warms up a bit here. I'm glad you've had a good experience with yours!
Old 2/9/14, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
Welcome to the forums and thanks for the reply!

I am leaning toward the lethal performance unit paired with the BBK shorty headers. I hope to have them ordered within the month and installed when it warms up a bit here. I'm glad you've had a good experience with yours!

Thanks man! & no problem!

I say go for it, truly enjoying the setup!
Old 2/9/14, 02:15 PM
Cobra Member

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the reply! I am leaning toward the lethal performance unit paired with the BBK shorty headers. I hope to have them ordered within the month and installed when it warms up a bit here. I'm glad you've had a good experience with yours!
Your not worried about it being to loud or sounding like a broke tractor?
Old 2/9/14, 02:16 PM
Cobra Member

Has anyone tried the MRT H-pipe?

http://www.mrt-direct.com/93p100.html
Old 2/10/14, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Your not worried about it being to loud or sounding like a broke tractor?
Hahahaha...well yes I am a bit worried about how it will sound.

My thoughts are to install the H pipe and headers and see what it sounds like. If I don't like it, I'll have a couple of resonators installed in the H pipe. That should mellow it out and take care of most of the raspiness.
Old 2/10/14, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

Hahahaha...well yes I am a bit worried about how it will sound.

My thoughts are to install the H pipe and headers and see what it sounds like. If I don't like it, I'll have a couple of resonators installed in the H pipe. That should mellow it out and take care of most of the raspiness.
Oh ok cool deal. I think I'm gonna give the MRT H-pipe with hi-flow cats a shot. Gonna get some Borla S-types first. Hopefully it won't be to loud. If so I will probably put the stock stuff back on.
Old 2/10/14, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Oh ok cool deal. I think I'm gonna give the MRT H-pipe with hi-flow cats a shot. Gonna get some Borla S-types first. Hopefully it won't be to loud. If so I will probably put the stock stuff back on.
You'll be very happy with the S-types.

I think the MRT h-pipe with high flow cats will sound good also. I think since it still has cats it shouldn't be raspy and shouldn't be too loud.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out for you.
Old 2/11/14, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I looked into this earlier but ended up going for suspension parts first... But im still very interested!! Keep us updated how it goes, and gou guys need to post videos so we can hear
Old 2/12/14, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

It's still cold as heck here so I'm in no hurry, I plan to do shorty headers and the catless H pipe within a couple of months though! Will definitely post after the install.

Quick Reply: Catless H-Pipe....