5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Tremec Magnum XL

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/12, 01:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Good show, I'd like to have those $30K NASCAR Alcon brakes also.
Old 12/3/12, 05:44 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JPC Racing is actually offering the upgrade as a package that includes everything you need. They also offer both gear ratios:

http://www.jpcracing.com/tremec-magn...wheel-options/

There are some people who really did this upgrade for both 05-10 and 11+ models. Feedback is great!
Old 12/3/12, 05:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackMamba03
There's a few companies out there doing built MT-82's. Anyone thought of going that route? It's what I'm gonna do when I build my motor.
My priority with the Mustang is to stick with as much original equipment as
posisble so this sounds like a MUCH better solution to me.

I don't know what the primary weakness of the MT-82 is but if it's something like a lack of rigidity in the case, this might not help.

How do they usually break?

Ironically, I'm currently looking at building the little 904 Torqueflight auto in my Dart which turns out to be a much better option than finding a 727. It's lighter, has smaller powertrain losses, will handle monster power....plus it's the original unit for the car.

Last edited by MRGTX; 12/3/12 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12/3/12, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by J Tennu
Looking it up... West Coast? I hope I can locate someone who can do this in the North-East.

I have to brush up on my knowledge of gear ratios and what I might prefer between the two gear ratio choices they are offering. Is a rear-end gear change needed for this application?

You shouldn't have to change your rear end gear. As for what they do to the tranny, I'm pretty sure it's all up to you. Last I heard, they can replace everything inside if you want. Everything gets beefed up to withstand abuse.

I believe Revolution is in Maryland.
Old 12/3/12, 04:28 PM
Bullitt Member

You shouldn't have to change your rear end gear. As for what they do to the tranny, I'm pretty sure it's all up to you. Last I heard, they can replace everything inside if you want. Everything gets beefed up to withstand abuse.

I believe Revolution is in Maryland.
Excellent! I'll be giving Revolution Automotive a call. I'll be using the winter months to think about going the Vortec-Paxton/Tremec tranny/clutch/driveshaft route. I kept most of my mods geared towards the suspension with a few thrown in to support forced induction, if I so choose. I'll ask to keep it conservative, smog-legal, and, hopefully, reliable. Even my exterior mods were kept to a bare minimum. That's how I like it.
Old 12/4/12, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Excellent! I'll be giving Revolution Automotive a call. I'll be using the winter months to think about going the Vortec-Paxton/Tremec tranny/clutch/driveshaft route. I kept most of my mods geared towards the suspension with a few thrown in to support forced induction, if I so choose. I'll ask to keep it conservative, smog-legal, and, hopefully, reliable. Even my exterior mods were kept to a bare minimum. That's how I like it.
Ya def give them a call and figure out your options. I'd stick with the MT-82. If Revolution upgrades everything for you, it'll be able to handle anything you throw at it. Also, cheaper route than the Tremec upgrade kit. I had given Tremec alot of thought but realized how different the gearing is compared to the MT-82. That's why I'll be going to Revolution when I'm ready.

So you're thinking of boosting huh? It's pretty much your only option. You've upgraded pretty much everything else! You have one of the most modifed 2011+ GT's I've seen! Money bags over here....
Old 12/5/12, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Ya def give them a call and figure out your options. I'd stick with the MT-82. If Revolution upgrades everything for you, it'll be able to handle anything you throw at it. Also, cheaper route than the Tremec upgrade kit. I had given Tremec alot of thought but realized how different the gearing is compared to the MT-82. That's why I'll be going to Revolution when I'm ready.

So you're thinking of boosting huh? It's pretty much your only option. You've upgraded pretty much everything else! You have one of the most modifed 2011+ GT's I've seen! Money bags over here....
Thanks, man. Funny thing is that from the very beginning, I vowed to keep her stock...

Turn-around for the MT-82 work may be an issue, being that this is my daily driver and it would have to be left there for a few weeks. You were spot on with the info you provided. If I go this route, I'll go forward with my PST driveshaft/RAM Street Dual Disc clutch set-up. May go this route either way. I'm not ruling out the Tremec Magnum XL just yet, though. I need more data...
Old 12/5/12, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, man. Funny thing is that from the very beginning, I vowed to keep her stock...

Turn-around for the MT-82 work may be an issue, being that this is my daily driver and it would have to be left there for a few weeks. You were spot on with the info you provided. If I go this route, I'll go forward with my PST driveshaft/RAM Street Dual Disc clutch set-up. May go this route either way. I'm not ruling out the Tremec Magnum XL just yet, though. I need more data...
So did you speak to Revolution? What all did they have to say? I figured turn around time would be 2-3 weeks. Only downside....
Old 12/5/12, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

So did you speak to Revolution? What all did they have to say? I figured turn around time would be 2-3 weeks. Only downside....
Correct on the turn-around time. I didn't catch the name of who I was talking to, but somehow I got him via his cellphone... LOL! He did explain a bit of the process and how so far things were issue-free. I like what I heard. If I go this route, I'll post the outcome.
Old 12/5/12, 08:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct on the turn-around time. I didn't catch the name of who I was talking to, but somehow I got him via his cellphone... LOL! He did explain a bit of the process and how so far things were issue-free. I like what I heard. If I go this route, I'll post the outcome.
Can you give details on what the do to make it better? And what's the approximate price.