Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Traction control

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/12, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traction control

Ok, this is a two part question.

1. Driving over a speed bump today I heard my backend make some sort of groaning sowing, but no pop like a lower control arm. Any ideas?

2. On the way home after parking at my parents for a few hours I noticed while driving that both my traction control off and tc active light were on. They both went out after like 10 sec without any input from me. Oh, mom was in the car so I wasn't even close to driving it hard at either time. Any ideas on this one?

I really appreciate the help. I am leaving for vacation in a week and plan to drive the car. I hope this doesn't force me to change my plans.
Old 5/5/12, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Have a dealer check for codes....there have been some others with the same thing happening, but rather rare.
Old 5/5/12, 08:15 PM

Just got home from a cruise around the block. I think the moaning may have been from the added weight of some stuff in the trunk, about. 100 lbs. worth. Is this a normal sound when people are in the backseats? I've yet to try mine out.
Old 5/5/12, 08:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Never heard any moaning with weight in the trunk.....unless they were not dead.....lol I have even towed a small trailer with a golf cart and have no noise issues.
Old 5/5/12, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by My2012GT
Ok, this is a two part question.

1. Driving over a speed bump today I heard my backend make some sort of groaning sowing, but no pop like a lower control arm. Any ideas?

2. On the way home after parking at my parents for a few hours I noticed while driving that both my traction control off and tc active light were on. They both went out after like 10 sec without any input from me. Oh, mom was in the car so I wasn't even close to driving it hard at either time. Any ideas on this one?

I really appreciate the help. I am leaving for vacation in a week and plan to drive the car. I hope this doesn't force me to change my plans.
Ive had the same things happen. I asked about this in the Warranty/Issues forum.. but not much info has come forward. The owners manual mentions the lights slightly.
Old 5/5/12, 08:38 PM

It's set for its 1st oil change the first week of June. Guess I'll just plan to drop it off for a few days then and drive it like I stole it until then. Thank god I haven't done a single mod on it yet.