Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

And they said BAMA tunes are slow?

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/14, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And they said BAMA tunes are slow?

The car has been 11's but this is a new tire setup so I am still playing with RPM's to leave at, air pressure, ect.

This is a Bama tune, JLT, barton, BBR x pipe car and everything else is 100% stock. The car has H&R lowering springs, panhard bar that's it. Some more work on suspension and the car should go mid 11's with that trap speed, it did go 120.4 but that wasn't on film.

Let me know what you guys think!

Old 5/29/14, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very impressive trap speed! Car is really moving for sure. If you get the 60' down, you certainly have a solid 11 second car there.

What did the rest of the time slip look like?

Shane
Old 5/29/14, 02:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Very impressive trap speed! Car is really moving for sure. If you get the 60' down, you certainly have a solid 11 second car there.

What did the rest of the time slip look like?

Shane
2.0-2.2 60's I was leaving soft and slipping the clutch. Next Wednesday I'll leave at 5500 and drop it and see.

95 in the 1/8th
Old 5/30/14, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slostang
2.0-2.2 60's I was leaving soft and slipping the clutch. Next Wednesday I'll leave at 5500 and drop it and see.

95 in the 1/8th
Oh wow, that's good and bad at the same time lol. It's great because with a 1.6 60' this car is going to be deep in the 11's. You definitely have the potential for a 1.6 60' too with those tires. The only thing holding you back is the stock clutch. Even still, I'm sure you'll be able to drastically improve with more seat time.

Let us know how you do next Wednesday!

Shane
Old 5/30/14, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh wow, that's good and bad at the same time lol. It's great because with a 1.6 60' this car is going to be deep in the 11's. You definitely have the potential for a 1.6 60' too with those tires. The only thing holding you back is the stock clutch. Even still, I'm sure you'll be able to drastically improve with more seat time.

Let us know how you do next Wednesday!

Shane
I need control arms and a few other odds and ends, I will give it hell Wednesday!

...............you guys have McLeods in stock, right? I may have to drive up if this stock clutch decides it doesn't like me
Old 5/30/14, 02:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
I would like to see a side by side comparison of all the tunes out there using the same intake on the same car. I would be willing to bet they are all within a hp or two
Old 5/30/14, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh wow! I am going to have to get rid of my frpp 😳
Old 5/31/14, 09:31 AM
V6 Member

The car has been 11's but this is a new tire setup so I am still playing with RPM's to leave at, air pressure, ect. This is a Bama tune, JLT, barton, BBR x pipe car and everything else is 100% stock. The car has H&R lowering springs, panhard bar that's it. Some more work on suspension and the car should go mid 11's with that trap speed, it did go 120.4 but that wasn't on film. Let me know what you guys think! Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdaex2urUxk
Watch your timing bro all bama does is increase spark I don't trust bama on lick
Old 6/1/14, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by seangtcs
Watch your timing bro all bama does is increase spark I don't trust bama on lick
I log all my passes, A/F was a BIT on the fat side but everything else looked great. I also headed out to the street and gave a intake, AED, x pipe coyote a beat down....

The car runs great, I don't know if my tune works so well since where Bama tunes is about 20 minutes from me so the air is the same as what they wrote there tunes in.

But I'll ask, what knowdledge do you have? Not arguing I just see it of these internet readers claim what they read as fact. Not arguing, just asking.

I am in Delaware, I will run my Bama car vs ANY intake/off road mid/tune car.
Old 6/1/14, 08:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice runs, lot of bama haters out there.
My car runs great with a bama tune as well.
I have datalogged plenty, nothing crazy in there.
Old 6/2/14, 08:00 AM
V6 Member

I log all my passes, A/F was a BIT on the fat side but everything else looked great. I also headed out to the street and gave a intake, AED, x pipe coyote a beat down.... The car runs great, I don't know if my tune works so well since where Bama tunes is about 20 minutes from me so the air is the same as what they wrote there tunes in. But I'll ask, what knowdledge do you have? Not arguing I just see it of these internet readers claim what they read as fact. Not arguing, just asking. I am in Delaware, I will run my Bama car vs ANY intake/off road mid/tune car.
I'm a ford service advisor. Put bama on my car I've heard a lot of good things and a lot of bad things every tuning shop has horror stories associated with them so I'm not hating on bama I'm saying watch the timing all they did was add spark my timing was way off should be around 13-14 and it was 26.1!! I took it out of my car and now getting it dyno tuned by my performance shop.
Old 6/2/14, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

I need control arms and a few other odds and ends, I will give it hell Wednesday!

...............you guys have McLeods in stock, right? I may have to drive up if this stock clutch decides it doesn't like me
Yes control arms should help a good bit too. Especially if you're getting any wheel hop off the line. Also, we do carry McLeod clutches! They're great for the track too. In my old '04 Cobra, I used an RXT which worked flawlessly.

Let us know how you do!

Shane

I'm a ford service advisor. Put bama on my car I've heard a lot of good things and a lot of bad things every tuning shop has horror stories associated with them so I'm not hating on bama I'm saying watch the timing all they did was add spark my timing was way off should be around 13-14 and it was 26.1!! I took it out of my car and now getting it dyno tuned by my performance shop.
At what load and RPM did you record the spark advance? I'm a little confused because the factory Ford tune will see as much as 23* of spark advanced at WOT in 5th gear (1:1 for MT82). I know the Bama Team does command a peak of 26* of spark advanced at WOT, which is safe for these cars with the proper fueling.

Also, I'm not aware of any tuners that run as low as 13-14* for these cars. As far as I know, VMP, Lund, Steeda, AED, all run more than 20* at WOT during normal load and normal operating temperatures.

Shane
Old 6/2/14, 12:31 PM
V6 Member

Yes control arms should help a good bit too. Especially if you're getting any wheel hop off the line. Also, we do carry McLeod clutches! They're great for the track too. In my old '04 Cobra, I used an RXT which worked flawlessly. Let us know how you do! Shane At what load and RPM did you record the spark advance? I'm a little confused because the factory Ford tune will see as much as 23* of spark advanced at WOT in 5th gear (1:1 for MT82). I know the Bama Team does command a peak of 26* of spark advanced at WOT, which is safe for these cars with the proper fueling. Also, I'm not aware of any tuners that run as low as 13-14* for these cars. As far as I know, VMP, Lund, Steeda, AED, all run more than 20* at WOT during normal load and normal operating temperatures. Shane
ahhhh I did not know that 26 was safe!
Old 6/2/14, 01:41 PM
Cobra R Member

ahhhh I did not know that 26 was safe!
Uhh so why did you say it wasn't?

-100 credibility points.

Pro tip: Know what you're talking about.

Last edited by fdjizm; 6/2/14 at 01:43 PM.
Old 6/2/14, 04:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Uhh so why did you say it wasn't? -100 credibility points. Pro tip: Know what you're talking about.
was told by my foreman a ford master tech I think his credibility is pretty high
Old 6/2/14, 06:31 PM
Cobra R Member

I like to stick to first hand knowledge.
You bagged on bama because of "what you heard".

I talk good about bama because of how my car and others I know actually run.

See the difference?

Last edited by fdjizm; 6/2/14 at 06:32 PM.
Old 6/3/14, 06:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
I like to stick to first hand knowledge. You bagged on bama because of "what you heard". I talk good about bama because of how my car and others I know actually run. See the difference?
not of what I heard he's the one that data logged my car... And my first hand experience is seeing my friends car blow. Not what I "just heard" and I'm not bagging on bama. I expressed my concern based on information I have seen and found out. Do you see the difference? That's awesome that your car runs great. But every I mean every tune had a bad rap in one form or another I've seen john lunds tunes blow motors. No tune is 100% perfect. I hate guys that generalize this was my experience just because you've had a good experience doesn't mean it's perfect. I'm not here bagging on anyone but if you wanna press the ******* button go ahead.

Last edited by seangtcs; 6/3/14 at 06:12 AM.
Old 6/3/14, 06:14 AM
Cobra R Member

not of what I heard he's the one that data logged my car... And my first hand experience is seeing my friends car blow. Not what I "just heard" and I'm not bagging on bama. I expressed my concern based on information I have seen and found out. Do you see the difference? That's awesome that your car runs great. But every I mean every tune had a bad rap in one form or another I've seen john lunds tunes blow motors. No tune is 100% perfect. I hate guys that generalize this was my experience just because you've had a good experience doesn't mean it's perfect. I'm not here bagging on anyone but if you wanna press the ******* button go ahead.

Easy lemon squeezie
If it was your EXPERIENCE I'd say otherwise, did YOUR engine blow with a bama tune?
There is always more to a story than "this guy I know, his car blew up with a tune".
That's why I like sticking to first hand knowledge.
Old 6/3/14, 06:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

I blew up a stock un-tuned coyote, do I win a prize?
Old 6/3/14, 06:33 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
But every I mean every tune had a bad rap in one form or another I've seen john lunds tunes blow motors. No tune is 100% perfect. I hate guys that generalize this was my experience just because you've had a good experience doesn't mean it's perfect.
Now Lund is blowing motors too... :rollseyes: I guess we should all stick to the stock tune.

It's ok to admit that you're wrong...It's pretty obvious that you don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about.

Quick Reply: And they said BAMA tunes are slow?