5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Strano Performance Shift Improvement kit: MT-82 Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/11, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
Unfortunately no Was hoping to be able to go to my friends house to use his lift and tools this weekend but he doesn't have time (i don't have jacks/ramps/torque wrenches. I know i know i need to get some of those). I am going there next sunday for sure though, planning on trying to move the shifter over and greasing the lockout tab and dropping the driveshaft guide bearing to install the bracket. Even without the setup at 100% shifting is getting better and better every day since i swapped fluids, that redline is the best!

Also hoping my SS brake lines, fluid, and pads will be in by then cuz im having his mechanic come out so i can learn how to bleed the brakes. Speaking of which, you're going to be getting another order from me shortly Sam
Keep us posted on the progress. Good luck with that. I'll probably be doing mine next week with the UPR bracket.
Old 8/28/11, 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went out to my friends today to use the lift and worked with his mechanic to do the shift bracket and my SS lines and pads (fluid hasn't arrived yet so I'll flush the system this weekend. Not going to be making it to the track before then anyways). Tried to scoot the shifter over toward the passenger side today but it really didn't move much. Greased up the lockout tab to keep it from squeaking shifting from 1st to 2nd and that helped. We still couldn't get the black bushing on so we ended up going with the red one. Still A LOT better than the stock bracket. Biggest difference I have noticed with it is shifting into 5th is a lot smoother now. No noticable increase in NVH. Overall shifting has definitely improved. Gets into gear easy and smoothly with a noticable engagement (apart from being locked out of first sometimes which I don't understand and happens randomly. Went to the dealership and of course the car was shifting great that day... )

Not to change the topic but I did the SS lines, HPS pads, and Brake Ducts also today. HUGE difference in braking. Pedal feels much firmer and as you brake it doesn't require much modulation. Definitely stops much faster and I was trying it out on a wet road, cant wait to try it on a dry road.