Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Spacer lol

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/14, 08:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spacer lol

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-thr...er-1114gt.html

What we thinking fellas?? 10hp/10tq
Old 2/4/14, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by steven46746
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-thr...er-1114gt.html

What we thinking fellas?? 10hp/10tq
You never see me recommending throttle body spacers to people for a reason. I don't have on my 2011 GT but I can see where it can be a good beginners mod. However, it's not uncommon to see 5-6 HP from this. It really depends on what your current mods are. It's a good starter mod if you don't want to throw on a CAI or Throttle body just yet.

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 2/20/14 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Meant to say "Throttle body" not "Throttle body spacer"
Old 2/4/14, 09:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
0 hp/0 torque?

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
You never see me recommending throttle body spacers to people for a reason. I don't have on my 2011 GT but I can see where it can be a good beginners mod. However, it's not uncommon to see 5-6 HP from this. It really depends on what your current mods are. It's a good starter mod if you don't want to throw on a CAI or Throttle body Spacer just yet.

-Dan
What is the reason?
Old 2/4/14, 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
0 hp/0 torque? What is the reason?
In curious as well, also wonder how audible the whistle is, I had one on my 240sx back in the day, before I knew any better......
Old 2/5/14, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MRGTX
What is the reason?
They're just not that benefical. It's a great mod for someone who would like to keep the car factory and doesn't want to risk the warranty. However, most guys just buy their Mustang and strap on a full exhaust, cold air intake and a larger throttle body. For the enthusiast like myself they've never really made sense.

However, if I cared about the warranty or wanted to keep the car stock I would definitely invest in a Throttle Body Spacer. It's said that they do show gains in the mid range and up top, but only about 5-6 RWHP.

Hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 2/9/14, 02:03 AM
Banned

if they aren't beneficial, how is it a good beginner mod? to get you used to spending money @ american muscle for things that don't work?
Old 2/9/14, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
if they aren't beneficial, how is it a good beginner mod? to get you used to spending money @ american muscle for things that don't work?
Rofl that's right!!
Old 2/9/14, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

And your claiming 10 whp and 10 wtq. Now it's maybe 5-6 in the mid range only??? Looks like a paper weight to me and a Full can of crap! American rice at it's finest for 129.99 Come and get it while it's not hot!!

Last edited by stang8psi; 2/9/14 at 02:12 PM.
Old 2/9/14, 02:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by stang8psi
And your claiming 10 whp and 10 wtq. Now it's maybe 5-6 in the mid range only??? Looks like a paper weight to me and a Full can of crap! American rice at it's finest for 129.99 Come and get it while it's not hot!!
But the whistle!
Old 2/9/14, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
When I worked at BamaChips, we dyno'd several spacers on 05-09 Cars. Most of them lost power across the board. (Even after a substantial cooldown).

Hard for me to believe you pick up anything with these. (But check out the rifling on the inside of the spacer!)

-Matt

(I still like AM though )
Old 2/9/14, 08:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm a fan of AM...you just have to know what you're buying. In that case, they're fast, reliable and their prices tend to be good.

Knowledge is power. Like any vendor, they have to put a positive spin on anything they sell.
Old 2/10/14, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
TB spacers are leftover carb thinking transferred to EFI. The most you'd see out of something like this is a change to the thottle pedal response.

Look at this bull**** in the bumf:

mprove Engine Performance. Unleash your GT Mustangs hidden power with a SR Performance Throttle Body Spacer. The SR Performance throttle body spacer increases plenum volume to improve the low to mid range torque from your Mustang's stock 5.0L engine, with noticeable gains seen between 800 to 2500 RPM.

Better Fuel Economy. The SR Performance Throttle Body Spacer not only improves the performance of your Mustang, but with its unique “Spiral Bore” design it also improves fuel efficiency. The Spiral Bore "spins" the incoming air for improved atomization of the air fuel mixture for better combustion.

Anyone who knows anything about how engines really work is laughing their *** off at this stuff. Improved atomization? There's no fuel in the manifold to atomize! Plenum volume is increased, yes but, that presumes the present plenum volume is insufficient to meet the need. There is no advantage in "spinning" the air going in. This isn't the kitchen sink drain and some coriolus effect; this is an engine, with variable pressure waves in different parts of the intake at different times. Smooth, laminar-flow air is the best for filling cylinders.
Old 2/10/14, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I think its time we flow a manifold with and without this spacer. My curiosity is peaked.

Atomization = Honda (Complete with NOS Stickers)

-Matt
Old 2/10/14, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Steeda sells 'em too. Ouch.
Old 2/10/14, 08:28 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OMG... I think I just lost some respect for AM, selling snake oil. This reminds me of the tornado performance booster. Consumer reports even did a review on some of these miracle gadgets.
http://consumerreports.org/cro/2012/...sted/index.htm

BTW - anyone wanna buy some cow magnets to attach to your fuel lines? ha.
Old 2/11/14, 08:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

You're such a rude person. They sent you a wedding present. Wtf.
Old 2/11/14, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
You're such a rude person. They sent you a wedding present. Wtf.
no, they sent a public relations goodie bag to make themselves look great.
Old 2/12/14, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have to agree with that.
Old 2/13/14, 06:52 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Exactly. I read his post and I'm like? Huh? He just contradicted himself two times. Lol. Hilarious. Doesn't work, I don't recommend it, but good starter mod if you don't want to throw a CAI or spacer on it. Wait... Huh???? Aren't we talking about the benefits of a spacer?

Like I said, hilarious.

Originally Posted by stang8psi
Lol... I'm so glad all of you are starting to see through all their jargon.

Originally Posted by skramblr
OMG... I think I just lost some respect for AM, selling snake oil. This reminds me of the tornado performance booster. Consumer reports even did a review on some of these miracle gadgets. http://consumerreports.org/cro/2012/...sted/index.htm BTW - anyone wanna buy some cow magnets to attach to your fuel lines? ha.
I lost mine a long time ago.

BINGO. It's pathetic. Remember that other thread?

Watch... Miraculously, there will be no further response from AM from this thread. Just like how they conveniently "missed" this thread.

* cowers into corner, and finds other newbie soul to sell spacer to *
Old 2/13/14, 09:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AM doesn't make the throttle body... people know what works and what doesn't.
Don't see how it's a big deal nobody here will buy it anyway no need to get mad at AM they are an awesome company and have great customer service.

Quick Reply: Spacer lol