Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Shift issue after tune with my Auto.

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/11, 08:05 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, mine and others I've driven do this too, its normal and NOT something that can be tuned out...
Old 6/18/11, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Keystone
Yes. It's done it twice so far, although I don't have too many miles on it since adding the CAI/tune. I wanted to give it a little time to see if it corrects itself. Maybe the PMC will learn? I also wanted to gather specifics before I contact Steeda.

It may have something to do with raising the rev limiter. But to explain... You're cruising along at highway speed - let's call it 65 - you go to WOT, the trans kicks down to 3rd with the motor pulling stongly for about 1 -2 seconds (perfect so far) then it kicks down again which instantly puts it at redline, so it has to immediately upshift. Very annoying.
You described it exactly sir
Old 6/18/11, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Turboba6
Yes, mine and others I've driven do this too, its normal and NOT something that can be tuned out...
That's cool. I feel better now. If you know exactly where the points are in the kickdown sequence you can just drop it to 3rd or second (whichever gear would be best for the given situation). I'm still learning the car for sure.---BTW, those are sick times Turboba6 especially for a Vert. That stall must be sick! I cant wait to get some DR's on this thing and see where I am.

Last edited by 2012GT; 6/18/11 at 03:36 PM.
Old 6/19/11, 06:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GT
That's cool. I feel better now. If you know exactly where the points are in the kickdown sequence you can just drop it to 3rd or second (whichever gear would be best for the given situation). I'm still learning the car for sure.---BTW, those are sick times Turboba6 especially for a Vert. That stall must be sick! I cant wait to get some DR's on this thing and see where I am.
Oh thanks, but Remember the 2010+ Verts are only ~80lbs Heavier than the coupes...btw, check out my Tires for sale post :-)
Old 6/27/11, 06:37 PM
GT Member

The car would get traction pretty well. It would spin with the TC off but nothing like with a tune. The tune just makes the car sick bro. It breaks loose like a top fuel dragster now. I assume the torque management is bypassed etc in the tune. Just do it and quit putting your foot in the water. Jump in the lake man!
Your posts have sold me on a tune, and proud to own an auto.
I want to get a stock run first. I'm reading all these guys running 12s in their autos, stock.
Mine doesn't feel like its got a 12 in it.
If I've got a buddy in the car, I have to turn TC off, and torque break to get it to peel out.
I'll find out next Friday when I take my nephews down to Fayetteville for a test and tune.
Old 6/27/11, 09:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JPJr

Your posts have sold me on a tune, and proud to own an auto.
I want to get a stock run first. I'm reading all these guys running 12s in their autos, stock.
Mine doesn't feel like its got a 12 in it.
If I've got a buddy in the car, I have to turn TC off, and torque break to get it to peel out.
I'll find out next Friday when I take my nephews down to Fayetteville for a test and tune.
You're about to unleash an animal. You're not going to believe the difference. I highly recommend the Steeda cai with the 93/ 87 race tune combo(Gus gives a discount to mustang source members ). Get ready to get wider tires because your traction is about to be nonexistent.
Old 6/28/11, 06:48 AM
GT Member

You're about to unleash an animal. You're not going to believe the difference. I highly recommend the Steeda cai with the 93/ 87 race tune combo(Gus gives a discount to mustang source members ). Get ready to get wider tires because your traction is about to be nonexistent.

Dang, and the credit card hasn't even cooled down from my appearance mods.