Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Roush intakes

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/13, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush intakes

Hey, I'm looking at cold air intakes, my last one was a JLT, but I wanna try something different. Do any of y'all know if roush cai's are good?
Old 1/11/13, 09:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
From what I have heard, Roush CAIs are great...right on par with Steeda, JLT and the stock air box.

Serioulsy though, the debate will invariable kick up about this. Folks who sell the CAIs and folks who already bought one will swear up and down that they're worth the $300+....others look at the performance numbers and suspect that the a custom tune alone explains the vast majority of the performance benefits of the tune/CAI combo and that the stock airbox might actually be pretty **** good.

My advice would be to talk to Steeda, Bama (American Muscle) etc. and order up a tuner with a canned tune and hold off on the CAI until you're convinced that you need that additional 5hp.

Just my .02....
Good luck!
Old 1/11/13, 11:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes, Airaid makes great intakes. I have one myself!
Old 1/11/13, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had the ROUSH CAI and recently added a Steeda Intake Tube (not sold as a stand alone piece)
I like it, but did any of it give me more hp/tq? UNKNOWN
Throttle response is great though!

Old 1/11/13, 10:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by StangLife'12
I had the ROUSH CAI and recently added a Steeda Intake Tube (not sold as a stand alone piece)
I like it, but did any of it give me more hp/tq? UNKNOWN
Throttle response is great though!

Thats an awesome looking engine bay!
Old 1/11/13, 11:01 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I went with Roush because of looks, reliability, and price. Roush runs $200, most others run $300. Costs less mostly because Roush makes use of your stock intake tube. I gain a little sound, and improved throttle response over 3-4k rpm. No tune required with the Roush. A fun and easy mod, looks great, but no measurable gains without a tune.

Old 1/12/13, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
I went with Roush because of looks, reliability, and price. Roush runs $200, most others run $300. Costs less mostly because Roush makes use of your stock intake tube. I gain a little sound, and improved throttle response over 3-4k rpm. No tune required with the Roush. A fun and easy mod, looks great, but no measurable gains without a tune.
Have a roush on my f150. It's a good CAI, don't notice any performance gains though
Old 1/13/13, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRGTX
From what I have heard, Roush CAIs are great...right on par with Steeda, JLT and the stock air box.

Serioulsy though, the debate will invariable kick up about this. Folks who sell the CAIs and folks who already bought one will swear up and down that they're worth the $300+....others look at the performance numbers and suspect that the a custom tune alone explains the vast majority of the performance benefits of the tune/CAI combo and that the stock airbox might actually be pretty **** good.

My advice would be to talk to Steeda, Bama (American Muscle) etc. and order up a tuner with a canned tune and hold off on the CAI until you're convinced that you need that additional 5hp.

Just my .02....
Good luck!
I'm actually with you on this one. Althought I sell CAI's and I always recommend JLT, just try the tune without one. Compare to what others are getting, it wont hurt. I had the Roush CAI as it came with my 2011 as a perk when I purchased awhile ago, it offered zero performance gain. Looks good though....
Old 1/17/13, 11:05 PM

+1 on the Roush looking good and that's about all it does (added a little bit of burble to exhaust note on decel)

Last edited by sholzer; 1/17/13 at 11:16 PM.
Old 1/19/13, 09:50 PM
V6 Member

I have my Roush in mine, got it with a combo with the axle backs, between the two, i can notice throttle response and more sound (obviously) I got a picture around here somewhere.... gotta find it