Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Pics of cars on Steeda Sport Springs (at least the verison I use)

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/10, 03:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I carry both... if you are having trouble deciding then *please* feel free to call me. I prefer Sports (but again, there are different versions and I only will use one particular version), in fact I just got a shipment in today.....

Ultralites are a possibility, and I also carry other brands like H&R, Eibach, Vogtland as well if you would like to look at other options.
Old 10/12/10, 04:50 PM

FRPP (P) 1 inch on my 2011
Attached Thumbnails Pics of cars on Steeda Sport Springs (at least the verison I use)-p1030031.jpg  
Old 11/6/10, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sam strano
The drop is very similar. I prefer Sports because they are lighter weight (again, there are two versions, only one is) and a touch softer (better riding) but about 1/4" taller (which is hardly noticeable).

In fact in another 2011+ section someone posted pics of his 2011 on Ultra-lites and it looks pretty much the same to me considering that the car I posted is white and that guys is Sterling Gray--and that does make a difference. Darker cars always look a little lower.

My preference is Sports, it's what I stock way more of. But if you decide Ultra-lites I can ship those as well.
Here's mine on the Sam Strano Super Secret Squirrel Steeda Sports

IMG_0190 by jsnyng, on Flickr

IMG_0194 by jsnyng, on Flickr

IMG_0196 by jsnyng, on Flickr

IMG_0211 by jsnyng, on Flickr

IMG_0214 by jsnyng, on Flickr
Old 11/7/10, 04:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Steeda Sports from Sam

Old 11/8/10, 03:56 PM
Banned

u guys to realize the motorsports springs are the same thing as steeda springs?
Old 11/8/10, 03:59 PM
Banned

The drop is very similar. I prefer Sports because they are lighter weight (again, there are two versions, only one is) and a touch softer (better riding) but about 1/4" taller (which is hardly noticeable).

In fact in another 2011+ section someone posted pics of his 2011 on Ultra-lites and it looks pretty much the same to me considering that the car I posted is white and that guys is Sterling Gray--and that does make a difference. Darker cars always look a little lower.

My preference is Sports, it's what I stock way more of. But if you decide Ultra-lites I can ship those as well.
what about the adjustable pan hard bar? do u need it?
Old 11/9/10, 04:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't.
Old 11/9/10, 05:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Somebody with 1" lowering springs, Brembo, and 3:73s, take that puppy out and see if the wheel hop, (or walk), is gone as some have claimed. If that worked, then lowering springs is a done deal for me.
I mean, I like the look and all, but no wheel hop/walk would seal the deal.
Old 11/9/10, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
u guys to realize the motorsports springs are the same thing as steeda springs?
FRPP uses Eibach parts.... Steeda Sports in the version I use are Hypercoil made and not progressive. Some Sports are made by Eibach (I don't use that version), but having held them and at least the lower version of the FRPP's like the ones that come on Shelby GT, the "K" springs, they are not the same. And I can tell you that the neither the K or P versions are the same as the Steeda Sports that I use, recommend and sell. They might be the same as the "other" Steeda Sport I can't confirm or deny that.
Old 11/11/10, 04:48 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the Steeda Ultra Lights on my 2008 GT California Special. I had those springs, tokiko shocks, steeds panhard bar and steeda control arms. The car handled like a dream around corners! It was bumpy, and on bad back roads it was no fun. It looked great lowered and I always had plenty of good comments. HOWEVER "," because of the front bumper on the GT/CS, I was constantly scraping it. The car (and my new 5.0) was not my daily driver. I have a pickup, and when I would get in the mustang I would have to keep reminding myself that it was lower and the front was WAY longer. Any standard curb was much higher than the bumber. Most of the parking spot concrete slabs were also just a bit to high. If I was not paying attention I would hit or scrape. So I would always have to judge the parking about half a foot away form the curb. This is making me worry about putting springs in the new 5.0 Maybe the sports are the best for me. I know that FORD spend a lot of time getting this suspension much better. Hopefully these sport springs just make it better. So if your considering lowering your car, be carefull with your front bumper.
Old 11/11/10, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Despite what's commonly thought, Ultralites are not softer than the version of the Sports that I sell. Add that, to the bit lower height and then I'm guessing you had LCA's that were poly on both ends (that causes a bind), and Tokico's (though I don't know which ones and if D-specs what settings you tried... I'm not surprised it wasn't so hot for you when the roads were less than perfect.

There is a reason I recommend the Sports much more often, and you hit on a number of them.... I sell both, I sell other brands too. I just really prefer the Steeda Sports (again the type I sell, there are two versions) for most instances.
Old 11/11/10, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Despite what's commonly thought, Ultralites are not softer than the version of the Sports that I sell. Add that, to the bit lower height and then I'm guessing you had LCA's that were poly on both ends (that causes a bind), and Tokico's (though I don't know which ones and if D-specs what settings you tried... I'm not surprised it wasn't so hot for you when the roads were less than perfect.

There is a reason I recommend the Sports much more often, and you hit on a number of them.... I sell both, I sell other brands too. I just really prefer the Steeda Sports (again the type I sell, there are two versions) for most instances.
Thanks for clarification Sam. But how are there two types of Steeda Sport springs? What do you get if you order from Steeda?
Old 11/11/10, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Thanks for clarification Sam. But how are there two types of Steeda Sport springs? What do you get if you order from Steeda?
How? I don't know, because they have two different sets.... What do you get if you order from Steeda? Pot-luck, they've sent me mixed orders when I ordered one specific number only. My suggestion would be order from me and avoid any issue. Also I can't really give away the information I paid to learn (paid as in the cost of testing and such) so I'm sorry in advance for not being able to tell you what numbers are what springs.

I can't tell you why they do that, I really don't know (or care that much). I just know which of them I like, and what I order, and double check that they are what I get in.

Last edited by sam strano; 11/11/10 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11/11/10, 02:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How? I don't know, because they have two different sets.... What do you get if you order from Steeda? Pot-luck, they've sent me mixed orders when I ordered one specific number only. My suggestion would be order from me and avoid any issue. Also I can't really give away the information I paid to learn (paid as in the cost of testing and such) so I'm sorry in advance for not being able to tell you what numbers are what springs.

I can't tell you why they do that, I really don't know (or care that much). I just know which of them I like, and what I order, and double check that they are what I get in.
Good to know and thanks for the heads up!
Old 4/26/12, 04:17 AM

Sam, the PO of my car installed Steeda sports, but I do not know if they are the hypercoil version or Eibach. Is there a way to visually tell which they are?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 4/26/12, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Dang, how did I just now see this thread. Had no idea there were two versions of the steeda sports springs. Wonder if this is still the case??? Anyone know?

Last edited by mtnbikefuel80; 4/26/12 at 02:54 PM.
Old 4/26/12, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I just had Sams Koni/Steeda sports installed, rides better than stock. Will post pics this weekend.
Old 4/26/12, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

My sport springs arrived today and I contacted steeda before i got home to look at them and they said mine are the hypercoil linear springs. Looking at the springs tonight the coils are evenly spaced so i believe them saying they are linear ones. Also directions do list a different part number for progressive springs.
Old 4/26/12, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
My sport springs arrived today and I contacted steeda before i got home to look at them and they said mine are the hypercoil linear springs. Looking at the springs tonight the coils are evenly spaced so i believe them saying they are linear ones. Also directions do list a different part number for progressive springs.
Are your springs dark blue with numbers stamped on the flat part of the coil? Mine also appear to be evenly spaced too.
Old 4/26/12, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT in SC
Are your springs dark blue with numbers stamped on the flat part of the coil? Mine also appear to be evenly spaced too.
Dark blue. Fronts are stamped on the side of the coil, hard to read but the number starts with D I think. Rear had E085 and 175 engraved on the top and bottom flat ends.

Quick Reply: Pics of cars on Steeda Sport Springs (at least the verison I use)