Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Next mod for performance?

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/14, 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next mod for performance?

So for my very first mod, I decided to go BIG and went with the Borla ATAK catback system. It sounds AWESOME. Now I'm ready for my next mod and I want more power. Suggestions?

I have a black 2011 5.0
Old 7/18/14, 07:54 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
So for my very first mod, I decided to go BIG and went with the Borla ATAK catback system. It sounds AWESOME. Now I'm ready for my next mod and I want more power. Suggestions?

I have a black 2011 5.0
Hands down if you're looking for more power out of the Coyote I would recommend a Tuner and Cold Air Intake! Ford did a great job with their factory airbox/intake but it's bordering asthmatic and really benefits from a dose of cool air!

The tunes are where the magic will really happen. For each and every Bama Tune, we ask you 19 questions about your car like your intended use so we can tailor the tune to your driving style. This info allows us to write an custom tune just for your Mustang to ensure we deliver the most power and performance possible.

Our Bama Custom Tunes are developed in-house on our Dynojet 224xLC chassis Dyno. We've put in Hours of research and development through street, track and dyno testing/datalogging which left us with fully refined custom tunes. The Bama Performance team has exclusive access to our inventory of parts.

It's the best pair of mods that you can have installed on this car! Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 7/18/14, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm really not sold on the BAMA tunes... While it's not exactly a power mod, I'm thinking of going with an MGW short throw as the next mod.

Why doesn't AM carry them?
Also, what makes the difference between a CAI that "requires tuning" and one that doesn't?
Old 7/18/14, 11:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a black 2011 5.0
On the 2011 5.0 Mustang ... Combined with the required custom tune using an SCT X3 Flash programming device we have achieved dramatic power increases of up to 44hp and 52ft/lbs of torque! - See more at: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-2011-20....SzbKQywO.dpuf

You will be very happy in both our CAI & Tune ... our tunes have had 0 engine failures.

The CAI is to feed your engine with a clean fresh and cool supply of air for peak performance.

Cooler – denser incoming air is a key ingredient for maximizing horsepower and overall performance of your engine. With more air coming in ... you have to make adjustments to accommodate the added airflow ... that is where tuning comes into play.

Cars like the Ecoboost Fusion and Focus ST that use a speed density system can have more airflow and not require a tune.

Let me know if I can help you with any questions that you may have ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 7/18/14, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Tim,

I sent you an email this morning. I got your first response but haven't heard back yet.