5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

New supercharger for the new 5.0!

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/11, 12:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert

hmmmm . . . you can get that out of a 4.6 with twin-screw supercharger, can't you? I would have thought they would be getting more than that.
You can get 465 fly wheel hp with a 4.6 kit but 465rwhp is a lot more! And that is low boost an conservative tune you can get a lot more with this kit it you want!!
Old 1/25/11, 08:44 AM
V6 Member

holy hell that is the most horrendous kit I've ever seen.

It looks like a blue elephant's c*ck just got slapped on top of the motor. I would much rather go with the Roush TVS over that one.
Old 1/25/11, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

i may be incorrect but its prob blue cause the car is. for show reasons that is.
Old 1/25/11, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mystickeith50
i may be incorrect but its prob blue cause the car is. for show reasons that is.
No it is a color that you can get! But they will also offer other colors like polished and black just all the other blowers they just used the blue in the magazine to make it stand out from the rest...
Old 1/25/11, 04:38 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 642 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
LOL WUT? Only way I can see this is some 3rd party insurance provider that would pay for a blown engine if anything happens... No way ford would let you put a blower on AND increase the warranty that came with the car in the first place.
Exactly. And those 3rd party insurance policies are generally as useless as teats on a bull. You slap that blower on there and you can kiss all of your Ford warranty goodbye.
Old 1/25/11, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Exactly. And those 3rd party insurance policies are generally as useless as teats on a bull. You slap that blower on there and you can kiss all of your Ford warranty goodbye.
You guys are unreal! Magnacharger worked closely with ford on this sc system and it leaves your warranty fully intact I confirmed this when I phoned ford personally an asked!! Maybe you should do the same If you don't believe me....
Old 1/25/11, 08:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Daddyd666
You guys are unreal! Magnacharger worked closely with ford on this sc system and it leaves your warranty fully intact I confirmed this when I phoned ford personally an asked!! Maybe you should do the same If you don't believe me....
Your comment has been duly noted.

So, put the blower on there and hammer down. A year from now when it bends a rod into a ? and puts a viewing window in the side of the block, take it down to the Ford dealership where you bought the car and tell them you want a new engine under warranty. Let us know how that works out for you.
Old 1/25/11, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

So, put the blower on there and hammer down. A year from now when it bends a rod into a ? and puts a viewing window in the side of the block, take it down to the Ford dealership where you bought the car and tell them you want a new engine under warranty. Let us know how that works out for you.
hahah! exactly. I'll tell you what, when my car is delivered, I will take that PDF document of the warranty to my dealer and have them sign off on how valid it is and whether or not their service department manager will approve of a replacement engine.
Old 1/25/11, 09:44 PM
Banned

It's not the dealer that covers the damage smart guy! They do the install of the wrecked parts but it's the sc company that provides that powertrain warranty ( they pay for it)...get it now?? Same way all the other sc company's do it (roush, vortech, ford racing, pro charger)
Old 1/25/11, 10:18 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It's not the dealer that covers the damage smart guy! They do the install of the wrecked parts but it's the sc company that provides that powertrain warranty ( they pay for it)...get it now?? Same way all the other sc company's do it (roush, vortech, ford racing, pro charger)
So which is it? It seems contradictory to me.

Never mind. Judging from the condescending attitude with which you have responded to pretty much everybody on the forum that doesn't agree with you, its obvious that you are much too intelligent to waste your valuable time dealing with uneducated simpletons like us. None of us have ever owned, modified, collected, raced, or dealt with Mustangs or dealerships and warranty problems before. Please, use this forum to spread your infinite knowledge of all things Mustang.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/25/11 at 10:23 PM.
Old 1/25/11, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Whoa lets all calm down here. There was a simple misunderstanding here. The sc company will be the ones replacing your engine and blower and they send it to a ford dealer and they will isnstall it under the SC warranty. NOT the FACTORY warranty
Old 1/26/11, 12:47 AM
Banned

So which is it? It seems contradictory to me.

Never mind. Judging from the condescending attitude with which you have responded to pretty much everybody on the forum that doesn't agree with you, its obvious that you are much too intelligent to waste your valuable time dealing with uneducated simpletons like us. None of us have ever owned, modified, collected, raced, or dealt with Mustangs or dealerships and warranty problems before. Please, use this forum to spread your infinite knowledge of all things Mustang.

Have a nice day.
Its just way to easy to argue about something you know nothing about...
Old 1/26/11, 12:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Whoa lets all calm down here. There was a simple misunderstanding here. The sc company will be the ones replacing your engine and blower and they send it to a ford dealer and they will isnstall it under the SC warranty. NOT the FACTORY warranty
Amen!! If only everyone was like you instead of arguing at every post I make!! I was only trying to help and explain how they would replace the powertrain if something were to happen!! But arguing with new members seems to be the trend on this forum!
Old 1/26/11, 04:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Amen!! If only everyone was like you instead of arguing at every post I make!! I was only trying to help and explain how they would replace the powertrain if something were to happen!! But arguing with new members seems to be the trend on this forum!
Actually im only 17 and ive been on here since beggining of january. Im just someone with a tad more solid thinkingnprocess andncan reason out simple things like this.

Here let me explain so no one is confused

It really wasnt that hard guys. And OBVIOUSLY Ford wouldntnreplace a blown motor wiith a supercharger bolted on. And he said the SC company puts a newnwarranty on your powertrain so OBVIOUSLY THEY are the ones replacing it. Since they dont have shops all over they contact the local Ford Dealer or at least one who supports them and they send the motor and blower to that dealer so they can install it under the SUPERCHARGER COMPANY WARRANTY
Old 1/26/11, 05:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saw previews of this thing a few months ago, horrible design, not only is it ugly but there is a shaft going right through the intake lol

also those are 4.6 3v SC numbers so they need to step their game up.

Last edited by fdjizm; 1/26/11 at 05:40 AM.
Old 1/26/11, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

More info on the rods from MMR

http://forums.corral.net/forums/show....php?t=1260429
Old 1/26/11, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Saw previews of this thing a few months ago, horrible design, not only is it ugly but there is a shaft going right through the intake lol

also those are 4.6 3v SC numbers so they need to step their game up.
Sorry but you don't get 550hp from a normally 300hp 4.6 with any sc kit!! Unless it has like 40 pounds of boost ...lol
Old 1/26/11, 02:01 PM

I actually spoke wit a roush sct ford dealer and they explained to me that even if they install the supercharger my warranty will be voided.
Old 1/26/11, 03:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry but you don't get 550hp from a normally 300hp 4.6 with any sc kit!! Unless it has like 40 pounds of boost ...lol
You've never seen a supercharged 4.6 with 450-460rwhp?
Old 1/26/11, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fdjizm

You've never seen a supercharged 4.6 with 450-460rwhp?
Not from the factory low boost setting!! And not with out doing a ton more that just the blower!!! The magacharger it this thread makes 465rwhp with the lowest boost possible and a otherwise stock car!! So no a 4.6 can't do that!!

Quick Reply: New supercharger for the new 5.0!