Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

N2O My God!

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/12, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N2O My God!

Sooo.... this is about to go down!

Name:  temporary-15.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  110.5 KB

I'll keep y'all posted!

edit: FYI... I know this isn't complete... I also have a pilled window switch not shown
Old 9/11/12, 09:47 PM
BB3
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Uh Oh !, That's going to be sick G Wrecks........Keep us posted please.-------Bill
Old 9/12/12, 04:27 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 9/12/12, 02:05 PM
Banned

needs bigger bottles. isn't that what paul walker would want?
Old 9/12/12, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
needs bigger bottles. isn't that what paul walker would want?
Ha ha.
Old 9/12/12, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Let me know how you like it! I want to do a boss manifold, TB and bottle car.....and hide it in the spare well, black braided lines, tuck the switch and solenoid behind a firewall and see if I can pull off a sleeper
Old 9/12/12, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by G Wrecks
Ha ha.
go big or go home
Attached Images  
Old 9/12/12, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by slostang
Let me know how you like it! I want to do a boss manifold, TB and bottle car.....and hide it in the spare well, black braided lines, tuck the switch and solenoid behind a firewall and see if I can pull off a sleeper
not to many people that are using nos are active on the forums, looking forward to results also.
Good reason to put the sound tube back on sneak it thru there
Old 9/12/12, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by autobred
not to many people that are using nos are active on the forums, looking forward to results also.
I am leaning towards it, I would just run black braided lines, tuck them and put them low, and route them into the bottom of the TB or just go direct port and run the line into the back
Old 9/12/12, 04:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by slostang
I am leaning towards it, I would just run black braided lines, tuck them and put them low, and route them into the bottom of the TB or just go direct port and run the line into the back

Sounds like a plan to me!
just messin...
seriously though, you first

I dont see anything popping up LOL
http://www.highhorseperformance.com/category_s/2232.htm

there's no doubt Josh can CMR tune it for me, whatever kit I decide on

Last edited by autobred; 9/12/12 at 04:15 PM.
Old 9/12/12, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's because it's N20 not N02... hmmm they don't seem too bright lol
Old 9/13/12, 05:00 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^That's a great idea to use the sound tube to conceal the wires and such, I knew Ford had to have a better reason for installing that waste of space...

I've found a used kit locally for $220, and was seriously debating buying it before I saw this thread...and now even more so. My only concern is leaning out too much with a wet kit if the stock fuel pump can't keep up. On a NOS brand 100hp wet kit (I'm assuming using a manifold plate and not direct injected) would our stock fuel pumps keep up with demand, or is going with a KB Boost-a-pump almost inevitable? I've heard the new 5.0's LOVE nitrous, but how do they hold up to spray long-term? Any max amount to stay under on stock internals?

And of course the other argument, is it worth installing a nitrous kit short-term if long-term you plan on installing a blower app? Or in other words, is it better to save your pennies on the install and bottle refills and wait to splurge on the KB, Whipple, Roushcharger, etc?
Old 9/13/12, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by NTXRockr
^^^That's a great idea to use the sound tube to conceal the wires and such, I knew Ford had to have a better reason for installing that waste of space...

I've found a used kit locally for $220, and was seriously debating buying it before I saw this thread...and now even more so. My only concern is leaning out too much with a wet kit if the stock fuel pump can't keep up. On a NOS brand 100hp wet kit (I'm assuming using a manifold plate and not direct injected) would our stock fuel pumps keep up with demand, or is going with a KB Boost-a-pump almost inevitable? I've heard the new 5.0's LOVE nitrous, but how do they hold up to spray long-term? Any max amount to stay under on stock internals?

And of course the other argument, is it worth installing a nitrous kit short-term if long-term you plan on installing a blower app? Or in other words, is it better to save your pennies on the install and bottle refills and wait to splurge on the KB, Whipple, Roushcharger, etc?

I really don't think you'll have to worry about the fuel pump keeping up as long as you stay below a 150 shot. I actually am using a nozzle set up and not a nitrous plate. If you can get that kit for $220 and it includes a plate get it! The plate alone retails for about $300.

As far as saving money for a supercharger... you are the only one that can answer that. Obviously the "smarter" thing to do is to pass on the nitrous if you want to save money in the long run. But of course the trade off is having to wait a lot longer to save up for the supercharger.

I work in sales and marketing for Late Model Racecraft here in Houston and we are going to be doing this to my car in hopes to bring in more 5.0's. I've spoken to several tuners and they even went as far to say that with a 100 or 75 shot you can run on the stock tune! The timing curve, they say, is really not even adjusted that much for those "small" shots. I have it jetted for about a 100 shot right now, but I plan on running a 125 shot shortly.

I should finish the install this weekend, so I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 9/13/12, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

N2O My God!-image-2686766205.jpg

Be careful with what pill you run ...... I had a 60hp dry compucar kit on my boss there was
Nothing to see in the engine bay ...... But I got over 100 more rwhp from it .... 11.4 at 125mph didn't use it on launch videos are under resolution78 on YouTube

Last edited by Resolution78; 9/13/12 at 08:37 PM.
Old 9/14/12, 09:56 AM
GT Member

NX says to stay at a 100hp shot or less with the stock fuel pump, with their plate kit.
Old 9/16/12, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 9/16/12, 09:58 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That was awesome, great run! Any chance on seeing the timeslips?
Old 9/17/12, 05:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Good Luck,dont blow your motor!!!!
Old 9/18/12, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ponywars
Good Luck,dont blow your motor!!!!
Thanks!

Funny how things work sometimes though... Only 2 days after mounting my nozzle (the only thing I have done so far) I get a check engine light for a #8 cylinder misfire. Obviously has nothing to do with the nozzle install, but wtf?! Anyway, I'm currently getting a stock intake elbow so I can take it to the dealer so this issue is resolved under my warranty, but **** am I glad this happened before I installed Nitrous and tuned my car! What can ya do ya know?
Old 9/18/12, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

N2O My God!-image-3812279014.jpg

Quick Reply: N2O My God!