5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

My new Borlas have ARRIVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/12, 10:11 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
My new Borlas have ARRIVED!!!

Update #2

I forgot to state that I drilled the weep holes per borlas recommendation. Remember this is only after driving it a total of 3 times. I was surprised at how much water came out from each side! Those of you with borlas remember to drill the weep holes. It will affect the sound. No rust, like roushs, since full SS. But just sound will get affected. Those of you with borlas, don't forget to do this.

Name:  IMAG1177.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  68.3 KB

And here's my son still enamored and amazed at the size of those beautiful SS tips...just like me

Name:  IMAG1169.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  106.8 KB

=====================================

UPDATE:

Finished the install in about 1.5 hours. After doing my GT500's the first time, I saved a lot of time by knowing where the bolts are and just how to move the mufflers around to easily access the bolts. I was actually done removing AND installing in under an hour. The extra 1/2 hour I needed was just to align and straighten the pipes out... I had to have EVERYthing lined up and perfect. lol.

Fit and finish were impressive. Definitely higher quality stuff than the GT500's I had on there. The quality of the welds and the material itself was top notch. Installation was a breeze...everything lined up.

Looks-wise, definitely better than my GT500s. The 4.5" opening with rolled tips looks so much more "finished"...like it belongs in those bumper cutouts.

Sound-wise... it's perfect (so far...who knows in a year). It's louder and a little bit deeper than the GT500's. It's louder by ~50%...which is exactly what I was looking for. On throttle, they really wake up. It sounds almost smoother than the GT500's? The brap-ap-pap sound is still there from the stock H pipe, but just revving it, it sounds smoother and "freer", if you will. I need to get some more seat and hearing time with it to truly tell. I only drove it 5 minutes before having to leave for the night...sucks.

So here are the pics and videos. The first pic is of the "stock" GT500 before I took it off. Compare it to the size and looks of the Borla. I dig the Borla more.

GT500
Name:  DSC_0088.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  49.2 KB

Borla prior to alignment

Name:  DSC_0093-2plate.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0094-1plate.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  102.9 KB

And here are the short vids... I will take more tomorrow.

================================================== =================

I'm as giddy as a Walker at a Leper convention! (it's homage to The Walking Dead on AMC, for those of you in the know ).

Look at what I saw on the Fedex site as I watched it and was clicking refresh every 15 minutes. LOL.

Taking this pm off to perform some surgery on Marilyn. Will post updates and pics. This also means that SOMEONE is getting their GT500's shipped out earlier than this weekend (you know who you are)

*praying* please please please don't let there be any damage or dent to the package or its contents....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Last edited by FromZto5; 10/28/12 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10/23/12, 10:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I for one am very happy to hear this news.

I sort of have an active interest in how this shipment from FedEx to you turns out. Please don't let their be any damage...please, please.

And don't muck the install up either!
Old 10/23/12, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice dude. You wont be disappointed with anything from Borla. Which ones did you get? I have the s types axle back and it's already loud enough.
Old 10/23/12, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

FromZto5.....Dude, your car is beyond beautiful! Well done. I put one of your car's pictures as my work computer's background. Appreciate it
Old 10/23/12, 01:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by JPMotorSport
Nice dude. You wont be disappointed with anything from Borla. Which ones did you get? I have the s types axle back and it's already loud enough.
He got the same - have fun FromZto5!
Old 10/23/12, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I'm as giddy as a Walker at a Leper convention! (it's homage to The Walking Dead on AMC, for those of you in the know ).

Look at what I saw on the Fedex site as I watched it and was clicking refresh every 15 minutes. LOL.

Taking this pm off to perform some surgery on Marilyn. Will post updates and pics. This also means that SOMEONE is getting their GT500's shipped out earlier than this weekend (you know who you are)

*praying* please please please don't let there be any damage or dent to the package or its contents....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
Sound clip please!!!!
Old 10/23/12, 10:46 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Bucko
Well, I for one am very happy to hear this news.

I sort of have an active interest in how this shipment from FedEx to you turns out. Please don't let their be any damage...please, please.

And don't muck the install up either!
Check your voicemail and PM's

Originally Posted by JPMotorSport
Yes sir....S Types. So far I am really happy didn't get to drive her much tonight tho

Originally Posted by ManInABox
FromZto5.....Dude, your car is beyond beautiful! Well done. I put one of your car's pictures as my work computer's background. Appreciate it
Anytime bro. Np at all. I appreciate the compliments.

Originally Posted by kylerohde
He got the same - have fun FromZto5!
Thanks Kyle... S Type indeed.

Originally Posted by JCStang
Sound clip please!!!!

Ask and ye shall receive....

UPDATE:

Finished the install in about 1.5 hours. After doing my GT500's the first time, I saved a lot of time by knowing where the bolts are and just how to move the mufflers around to easily access the bolts. I was actually done removing AND installing in under an hour. The extra 1/2 hour I needed was just to align and straighten the pipes out... I had to have EVERYthing lined up and perfect. lol.

Fit and finish were impressive. Definitely higher quality stuff than the GT500's I had on there. The quality of the welds and the material itself was top notch. Installation was a breeze...everything lined up.

Looks-wise, definitely better than my GT500s. The 4.5" opening with rolled tips looks so much more "finished"...like it belongs in those bumper cutouts.

Sound-wise... it's perfect (so far...who knows in a year). It's louder and a little bit deeper than the GT500's. It's louder by ~50%...which is exactly what I was looking for. On throttle, they really wake up. It sounds almost smoother than the GT500's? The brap-ap-pap sound is still there from the stock H pipe, but just revving it, it sounds smoother and "freer", if you will. I need to get some more seat and hearing time with it to truly tell. I only drove it 5 minutes before having to leave for the night...sucks.

So here are the pics and videos. The first pic is of the "stock" GT500 before I took it off. Compare it to the size and looks of the Borla. I dig the Borla more.

GT500
Name:  DSC_0088.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  49.2 KB

Borla prior to alignment

Name:  DSC_0093-2plate.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0094-1plate.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  102.9 KB

And here are the short vids... I will take more tomorrow.

Last edited by FromZto5; 10/24/12 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10/23/12, 10:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

That is nice. You have a stock mid pipe, correct?
Old 10/24/12, 04:31 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Mestizo
That is nice. You have a stock mid pipe, correct?
Yes sir. Maybe next year I will get the borla over the axle pipes, these ahold remove the resonators and are larger in diameter than stock, I believe? Either that or go with boss quads.
Old 10/24/12, 05:35 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That looks and sounds great, may be selling the GT500's this next summer.
Old 10/24/12, 05:38 AM
Cobra Member

Sounds awesome!
Old 10/24/12, 06:33 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by tbone004
That looks and sounds great, may be selling the GT500's this next summer.
Thanks man. You know, when my buddy here got the S Types to replace his GT500's, I asked him "How would he rate his new S Types compared to the GT500's." I remember him saying he loved it so much and the GT500s don't compare.

Now I understand why. And I concur.

Originally Posted by ManInABox
Sounds awesome!
No doubt. It almost seems like it's a more, dare I say, "refined" muscle car sound? Smoother, but still with the h-pipe muscle sounding turbulence (Brap-brap-brap upon throttle release)...but more "freer-revving", if that's even a word/s. Videos definitely don't do it justice.

I drove it to work today just because I wanted to hear it. I have to go home over lunch to switch cars since I have to pick up the kiddies... lol. But man... I love it.
Old 10/24/12, 07:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 10/24/12, 07:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds Awesome....
Old 10/24/12, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Those sound great....I understand what you mean about smoother.....kind of like a cheap moonshine compared to a 40 year Single Malt Scotch!!!
Old 10/24/12, 10:27 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by shurtual86
Originally Posted by carfreak666
Sounds Awesome....
Originally Posted by JCStang
Those sound great....I understand what you mean about smoother.....kind of like a cheap moonshine compared to a 40 year Single Malt Scotch!!!
Thanks guys... I love them. I just drove them back home to switch out cars...am already regretting that decision. My TSX is nice, but man, I am longing for some muscle.

I have driven it a total of 1/2 hour combined total so far. This sucks. My impressions of it so far are that they are louder than my gt500s for sure, and that's exactly what I wanted. And visually those HUGE tips starting at me in the face when I walk by are just fantastic. When I walk up to my car, I purposely do a 360 walk around just to get a view of them lol.

I am so geeked about this, I almost wanted to wear the borla hat that came in the box... Ok not THAT insane. Lol

just amazing what an exhaust can do to a mustang.

I am already dreading having to store her for winter in the next few weeks.

Last edited by FromZto5; 10/24/12 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10/24/12, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I am getting mine ready to put away soon.....at least I broke 3,000 miles before putting her away.....congrats on the exhaust....those sound amazing....who the hell needs a radio when you have that music to listen to....
Old 10/24/12, 12:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks guys... I love them. I just drove them back home to switch out cars...am already regretting that decision. My TSX is nice, but man, I am longing for some muscle.

I have driven it a total of 1/2 hour combined total so far. This sucks. My impressions of it so far are that they are louder than my gt500s for sure, and that's exactly what I wanted. And visually those HUGE tips starting at me in the face when I walk by are just fantastic. When I walk up to my car, I purposely do a 360 walk around just to get a view of them lol.

I am so geeked about this, I almost wanted to wear the borla hat that came in the box... Ok not THAT insane. Lol

just amazing what an exhaust can do to a mustang.

I am already dreading having to store her for winter in the next few weeks.
You've got me convinced again to not get the Roush axlebacks and go the extra $300 or so for the S-types - thanks a lot
Old 10/24/12, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Looks good and sounds great. Those rolled tips do look much better.
Old 10/24/12, 04:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Look and sound amazing. I swapped out the stockers for a couple Stainlessworks S-types just to hear them since I already was looking at the ATAK's and they sound really good, plus they are already paid for so I wouldnt have to drop $650 to upgrade, but who knows, I want it louder. Nice job lining them up, I still cant get the SW to sit higher near the cutouts, may have to have a shop try or hell, just get some ATAKS, lol. Borla rocks!

Quick Reply: My new Borlas have ARRIVED!!!