Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Mustang GT/CS Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/12, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang GT/CS Spoiler

I'm wanting to get a 2 tone (White/Black) CS Spoiler for my Mustang GT but my local dealership is really wanting to stick it to me to purchase an OEM spoiler. I was wondering if anyone here has had luck getting one of these unpainted spoilers from somewheres else?

I noticed American Muscle and some other websites (like carid) have the same spoiler for 120-160ish unpainted, I'm just worried about whether or not they will fit properly. Anyone dealt with a particular website as far as this spoiler goes?

Also, I'm wanting to have a local shop paint/mount it but don't want to gouged. What would be a reasonable price to pay for a 2 tone paint job/mount?

Thanks
Old 6/17/12, 02:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
www.tousleyfordparts.com

About $305 shipped to your door

Part number AR3Z6344210CA

Dunno about the cost of painting/mounting but I am about to find out myself as well.

The ones on American Muscle aren't OEM, they do not have a two-tone line or difference in finish like the Ford ones do.
Old 6/18/12, 06:46 AM

I got mine from Tously as well, much cheaper than my local dealer. But I did take it to the local dealer's body shop to have it painted, right at 100 bucks with tax. The OEM spoiler's are not two tone, the bottom part is black ABS plastic.

From the one's I've seen that are not OEM, they do not fit well. Its not much more to get the OEM one and you will get all the templates to drill the trunk lid. Biggest pain is removing the old spoiler if you have one, the double sided tape is strong and nasty to get off once you've removed it.
Old 6/19/12, 07:54 AM
Cobra R Member

**** $100 to paint a spoiler. By me they want $150-$175 to paint a set of louvers, front side only! Geez I need to move
Old 6/19/12, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Azkiger
I'm wanting to get a 2 tone (White/Black) CS Spoiler for my Mustang GT but my local dealership is really wanting to stick it to me to purchase an OEM spoiler. I was wondering if anyone here has had luck getting one of these unpainted spoilers from somewheres else?

I noticed American Muscle and some other websites (like carid) have the same spoiler for 120-160ish unpainted, I'm just worried about whether or not they will fit properly. Anyone dealt with a particular website as far as this spoiler goes?

Also, I'm wanting to have a local shop paint/mount it but don't want to gouged. What would be a reasonable price to pay for a 2 tone paint job/mount?

Thanks
Azkiger,

Great choice! I love the GT/CS spoiler.

We have not had any issues with fitment with ours at all. IF there was an issue we stand by all of our products, so we will always do whatever it takes to make sure you are taken care of!

We do sell ours unpainted. It is very difficult to ship a big pre painted product like that. Mainly we do not want the paint to suffer any damage during shipment. So we offer them unpainted at a very reasonable price so that it is still affordable to get it painted!

If you do find it cheaper anywhere, hit me up. We price match any of our competitors!

This is just what we have to offer, I am sure whatever spoiler you go with will be great! Best of luck in your search!

I hope this helps!

- Dan
Old 6/19/12, 05:36 PM
V6 Member

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...l-Rear-Spoiler

I had no trouble with mine.
Old 6/19/12, 08:08 PM

Thanks for all the info guys. I've never seen this spoiler in real life so I had no idea that the bottom part was plastic - so that's good to know. It might be a bit more expensive to order it from tousley but I'll save money on the paint job. I think that'll be my best bet.

Thanks again