5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Mufflers??

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/12, 12:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mufflers??

Would it be weird to have axle-back mufflers and then put some dynomax race mufflers in place of the resonators. a total of 4 mufflers.

I have flowmaster Outlaw axle-back and its loud, but I would like it to be louder.

Would it be any louder to install the race mufflers where the resonators and still keep my outlaws. I love the way the flows sound.

I have also heard that One chamber mufflers are not really that loud just obnoxious.

I want my stang to sound..........MEANNNN!!!!
Old 1/29/12, 12:51 PM
GT Member

It will be quieter if you ADD another set of mufflers in the line. REMOVE the resonators and it will be louder.

Mike
Old 1/29/12, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

How about installing just a set of Borla ATAK mufflers. One of the meanest sounding exhausts out there.
Old 1/29/12, 01:38 PM
V6 Member

It will be quieter if you ADD another set of mufflers in the line. REMOVE the resonators and it will be louder.
Ok that's what i thought. What if I keep the flows and then change the mid pipe and then take off the resonator.

How about installing just a set of Borla ATAK mufflers. One of the meanest sounding exhausts out there.
I will check them out.
Old 1/29/12, 03:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FIVE POINT OHH
Ok that's what i thought. What if I keep the flows and then change the mid pipe and then take off the resonator.
What kind of mid-pipe? If you go to an X pipe, it will be quieter. The factory H is louder. If you go to any kind of offroad pipe, you will be louder....probably too loud without resonators. The Flowmasters you have are pretty **** loud, on par with Roush. I have a 3 inch X, no resonators and the Roush and I keep looking at my resonators and wondering how it will sound if I put them back in. I love the way the car sounds, but it is obnoxious...and will get worse if I pull the cats.

Mike
Old 1/29/12, 05:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FIVE POINT OHH
Would it be weird to have axle-back mufflers and then put some dynomax race mufflers in place of the resonators. a total of 4 mufflers.

I have flowmaster Outlaw axle-back and its loud, but I would like it to be louder.

Would it be any louder to install the race mufflers where the resonators and still keep my outlaws. I love the way the flows sound.

I have also heard that One chamber mufflers are not really that loud just obnoxious.

I want my stang to sound..........MEANNNN!!!!
If u want loud and mean off road x pipe will do the trick! I personally would not remove the resonators IMO. If the o/r x pipe is not loud enough go long tube headers then it will be stupid mean loud!! That is the set up I'm runnin with the roush AB's and it growls when just cruzin and at any hard acceleration it hell on wheels but definitely a good intoxicating loud!:headbang: just as a note full exhaust is a lil pricey. If u want to hear my set up pm me ur email address I'll send u a sound clip.