5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Meet the Armageddon Twins ()...

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/14 | 12:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Just out of curiosity, will it be a fairly easy swap when you get the new motor? Seems like it would be a PITA to remove the turbo kit, remove the motor, install the motor and install the turbo kit. Just trying to see what you're thoughts were cuz I'm in a similar situation with wanting to get a MMR motor or swap my internals among other options.
Swapping won't be bad at all, most of the time consumption revolves around the initial routing and component relocation ( i/c, ecu, fusebox, a/c lines, battery, etc) which wont need to be touched during the swap. I'd guesstimate less than 6 hours for the swap itself once the built block is ready to go.
Old 4/30/14 | 04:37 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by figit
A multi-stage boost controller (not an option with a supercharger)
Yeah,...that right there is killer. Love to be able to have that option.
I read about this a while ago, not a Mustang, but on a Camaro. You have like 3 different settings to chose from, if IIRC.
I do believe that you can do that with a supercharger nowadays as well. I am pretty sure that Procharger has that option, if we're talking about the same thing here. There is the mild, then the wild, then the beast mode and "custom" programmable mode as well. The first three modes are "pre-programmed" from Procharger.
Please keep us posted on your build Mike. Sounds awesome.
Old 4/30/14 | 05:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yeah,...that right there is killer. Love to be able to have that option.
I read about this a while ago, not a Mustang, but on a Camaro. You have like 3 different settings to chose from, if IIRC.
I do believe that you can do that with a supercharger nowadays as well. I am pretty sure that Procharger has that option, if we're talking about the same thing here. There is the mild, then the wild, then the beast mode and "custom" programmable mode as well. The first three modes are "pre-programmed" from Procharger.
Please keep us posted on your build Mike. Sounds awesome.
Yeah the ProCharger i-1 is a huge leap forward in configurability on a supercharged platform, I contacted them directly and spent a good bit of time learning about what it brings to the table. It doesn't offer anywhere near the level of control you'd have with a staged controller on a turbo but it's killer none the less. It's nearly as expensive as a twin kit but if and when it comes down to the 5 to 6k range, I suspect it will be the hot item to have. If it were to hit that price point, it would be the closest thing to the best of both worlds that exists IMO.

Also, I've got my camera mount for in-car clips and my 285s mounted but the rain has been relentless the last 3 days. I'm hoping to start capturing some footage in the coming days. Here is my footage plan, let me know if I'm missing something you guys would like to see/hear.

- 0 to 60
- 60 - 120
- 0 - 120
- 2nd gear pull
- 3rd gear pull
- 4th gear pull
- Running through 5th
- Cold start + idle + engine bay clip
- Warm start + idle + engine bay clip

Anyhow that is my lineup so far. Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 4/30/14 | 05:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Sounds awesome Mike.
Looking forward to the videos. Figures it's got to be raining now that you want to go out and play. lol It's been raining here for almost 2 days as well.
Old 4/30/14 | 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

If you can film some shots of you revving and such so we can hear the bov!!
Old 4/30/14 | 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Is it difficult to tune a tt setup?
Old 5/1/14 | 08:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by joey8
If you can film some shots of you revving and such so we can hear the bov!!
No worries, this Tial screams, you'll hear it anytime I'm beyond 3k rpm.
Old 5/1/14 | 09:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Is it difficult to tune a tt setup?
I'm not really qualified enough to answer that question but I can say that I've been running on this TruDyno tune with zero problems and that is while logging & reviewing like a hawk. I know Armageddon has a base tune that is not derived from an SCT base tune (suspected cause of #8 failure) that they use and include with the system, from there a qualified tuner can tweak the tune based on customizations/gear ratio/etc. that you may have already done to the car.
Old 5/4/14 | 08:35 PM
GT Member

My plan was to record all the shots this weekend but it rained on and off the whole time. It feels like the rain hasn't stopped for the past 2 weeks here in PA. Anyhow, I was able to capture a few random shots while driving up in the mountains/Jim Thorpe area. This is totally random, a few pulls to 100 and some driving on a few back roads that were pretty beat up. This is the first time I've ever recorded anything going on in my car so I learned a few lessons like turn the f'n GPS off and it wouldn't kill me to dust a little : O ) Anyhow, we're supposed to have a few clear days in a row so I'll work on the planned clips but here are some shots in the meantime. Also, I forgot about my TPMS sensors when the new SSRs went on the other day.

Last edited by figit; 5/4/14 at 08:37 PM.
Old 5/12/14 | 04:22 PM
GT Member

awesome set up!

what did you end up doing for a camera mount w/ your recurs?
Old 5/12/14 | 06:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by solscooter
awesome set up!

what did you end up doing for a camera mount w/ your recurs?
Thanks man! I ended up going with RAM's RAM-B mounting arm stuck directly to the windshield with the camera upside down. I tried the driver's door window but I wasn't able to get a clear view. Anyhow, the RAM mount is a beefy piece, here is a link on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-RAM-B-166-202AU-Universal-4-Inch-20/dp/B003ASPH48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399942090&sr=8-1&keywords=RAM+car+camera+mount http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-RAM-B-166-202AU-Universal-4-Inch-20/dp/B003ASPH48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399942090&sr=8-1&keywords=RAM+car+camera+mount
Old 5/12/14 | 06:54 PM
Cobra R Member

That BOV sounds gets me all sorts of tingly.
Old 5/12/14 | 11:42 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
That BOV sounds gets me all sorts of tingly.
You and me both!
Old 5/14/14 | 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by figit

Joey I just noticed you're in Jersey, we are in the process of moving up to the Jim Thorpe area but if you ever wanted to stop by in the coming weeks to check out my setup, I'd be game. Heck we could make a day of it and detail the cars.
Was just reading through the thread again and saw this post. Where are you located. I would love to check out the setup for sure!
Old 6/6/14 | 01:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Wow, I'd drive down to PA just to check that bad boy out. It even looks phenomenal. Great choice!
Old 6/6/14 | 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I think I may be getting this kit as well. OP can you message me where you got it tuned and installed by any chance?
Old 6/6/14 | 01:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by joey8
I think I may be getting this kit as well. OP can you message me where you got it tuned and installed by any chance?
Hey Joey, yeah I'll hit you up separately but I wanted to mention that the kit was already installed, tuned, then driven from NC to PA by the time I was able to get the very first batch of install pics up. I've got over 3k miles on her now and she's running wonderfully.
Old 6/19/14 | 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont know if my messages went through to you Mike but I might as well thank you publicly as well.

You saved me a boat load of cash and I couldn't be more thankful. I will be getting it installed at JPC and can't wait to get the ball rolling. I will let you know all the details once Justin @ JPC and I discuss when i can bring the car over for the big install.

You, Mike, are the man for helping out a fellow mustang owner who you don't even know personally. Hopefully the date I drop the car off at JPC you are able to swing by I can see your beast.

Thanks again for everything and will keep you as well as the forum updated with the build!
Old 6/19/14 | 06:51 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

You're in good hands with the guys at JPC. (I hear good things about that shop.)
I know someone that got their twin turbo '13 GHIG Stang tuned there and the car is BEAST! Over 1,000 HP I believe, but still street driven as well.
Old 7/1/14 | 03:44 PM
GT Member

Ok so I just wanted to add that the car is currently being featured over at SVT: http://www.svtperformance.com/?p=1909. I'm pretty stoked, this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. The first comment had be nearly crying with laughter and the fact that they approved that comment makes it all that much funnier.

Quick Reply: Meet the Armageddon Twins ()...