Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/16, 07:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!

Hi all!

FINALLY got all my initial modifications done and starting this new thread in the right location. Anyway, all the initially planned mods are complete and the difference is AMAZING? Got improvements on power, ride quality and handling, as well as braking.

So, before starting (car as purchased) only the following mods had taken place.

Borla Catback exhaust
BOSS stripes
20" rims / tires
Recardo seats

New mods include;

Complete Eibach Pro-Plus suspension system
BMR panhard bars & upper / lower control arms
Baer brake package (6 piston calipers/ rotors in front and just rotors and caliper covers in rear)
CobraJet intake & CAI plus custom tune
BOSS strut tower brace
Ford Racing short throw shifter
Alcantara boot and steering wheel package
True fiber rear deck lid and licence plate panels plus mud guards & mirror covers
WINCOS window tint all around
Powered by Ford Performance fender badges

Can't say there's anything I did that was a disappointment and even though all of this was not exactly inexpensive - I feel it was all very much worth it! It drives like a new car and the few things (suspension and braking) that inially annoyed me are things of the past!

SO happy I spent the extra $ of getting the Baer brake package - those beautiful red calipers and drilled / slotted rotors look AWESOME with my 20" chrome wheels. Hope you agree. I put the drilled slotted rotors on the back as well and just kept the same calipers - just added new pads and caliper covers. As I said, only issue I had was needing to add spacers so my wheels would clear the calipers.

The Eibach suspension is everything I was hoping for - completely different car on the turns now. Also very happy with the added power I'm getting with the Cobra Jet intake - it sure looks great under the hood too! Most of the new power is in the mid to higher gears and RPMS - just where I wanted it! The Ford Racing shifter is another mod that was very much worth it - completely different (in a good way) shifting - and looks great with the alcantara boot and white ****!

But, I'm not done yet. Still waiting for:

True Fiber engine bay appearance package
True Fiber radio bezel and steering wheel inserts
Parrot Asteriod multi-media system with new amps, speakers and subwoofer
T-Rex polished stainless upper and lower grilles (with Cobra Jet emblem)
Street scenes front spoiler

NEW UPDATE
Just got the new T-Rex grille, CobraJet emblem and Street Scenes front spoiler installed (see photos below). Still waiting on the matching lower grille. Very please with the result!

Car was just Opti-coated today (see last two photos although they do it justice). The system involves an intense and detailed 6 hour process that has brought the exterior and engine bay to another level! Very happy with results and no waxing for 7 years! They recommend the cheapest touchless wash you can get for optimim results. Just wash and wipe and it's back to new!

Anyway, enjoy the photos and let me know if you have any questions, comments, etc.

Happy motoring!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-drivers-front.jpg   LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-front-brakes.jpg   LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-passenger-side-close.jpg   LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-engine-1.jpg   LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-20161113_074243.jpg  

LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-20161113_074303.jpg   LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-20161113_145024.jpg   LOTS of mods to my 2013 GT - and more to come!-20161113_144904.jpg  

Last edited by mykmid@gmail.com; 11/13/16 at 09:34 PM. Reason: New update - T Rex grille, CobraJet emblem & SS front spoiler installed plus Opticoat Pro Plus
Old 10/30/16, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Congratulations on your new mods! Your car looks good, and with the performance and suspension upgrades, there's no doubt it feels like a new animal. With that said, personally I'm not a fan of mis-labeled cars. I love the BOSS 302 stripes, but if your car is a GT it should say "GT" and not "Boss". Maybe your already planning on changing it? Just my opinion. Nice ride.
Old 10/30/16, 03:14 PM

BackroadGT,

The stripes came with the car and although they look great i have had several folks in the forum comment on the "BOSS" issue. I'm potentially going to have the "BOSS" taken off when the car (leaving the stripes and 302 part) gets the Opticoat treatment. If they can do it I will get that done. Since I've had the car there have been VERY few people who have noticed the discrepancy - even when it had the GT truck lid "badge" on it. So we'll see how it goes, but if wasn't there before I got the car I would have done something a bit different. Thanks for the comments. Mike
Old 11/1/16, 04:31 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I own a Boss and say no harm no foul with the stripes. Any true mustang / Boss fan will know its not a true Boss. Now if you try to sell it as a boss then we have a problem.
I also love seeing different color packages that ford never offered. Your car looks good. The only item I'm not sure on is the placement of the fender badging. Not liking how your fender badging is half on the stripe and half off. One item that I would loose is the covers for the fuel injectors. I have them and hate them. But that's factory on a Boss.
Again nice job!
Old 11/1/16, 05:22 AM

Thanks for the comments Boss Man,

I tried many different options on the fender badges and thought what I ended up with was the best one. I got them to cover the holes from the 5.0 badge (that didn't get filled before the stripes were put on). You could see them through the stripe. Why the previous owner would do that is beyond me, but that's kind of why they ended up where they did. Sure looks better than the holes showing through!

I disagree about the fuel injector covers, but I guess that's an item that you either like or not - I'm in the former category after seeing pictures of both.

Anyway, appreciate your comments and don't worry I would never sell the car as a Boss -not that I have any plans to sell it, especially after the expense of all these mods! Worth keeping it because it drives so nice now too - quite the difference over stock!

Best regards,

Mike
Old 11/8/16, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Car looks sweet. Good work with it! I'd change the Boss stripes as well.

I like the suspension/brake upgrades. I bet is handles nice. I have made some suspension mods myself, love the way these cars handle when properly damped and lowered with stiffer sway bars. Enjoy!
Old 11/8/16, 05:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Car looks sweet. Good work with it! I'd change the Boss stripes as well.
I like the suspension/brake upgrades. I bet is handles nice.
^^This!
Old 11/11/16, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the comments 5.MONSTER & Stage 3. The handling and braking with the new mods is night and day from what I started with for sure. A bit expensive to get there, but I feel it was worth it. I guess I didn't mention it in the initial post, but I also had BMR panhard bars and upper and lower control arms installed as well and the whole package just works well together! I think it was all needed for the new power gain from the Cobra Jet too!

Still waiting for my new grilles and Truefiber engine bay parts to arrive, but the Opti-coat Plus system is going to be done on Sunday - so some more photos to be posted soon.
Old 11/17/16, 10:16 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sharp looking car.
Your car + your money = your decisions......nothing wrong with mixing it up.

Did you install the CJ intake yourself?
Who tuned it?
Plans for headers to unlock more HP from that intake?
Old 11/17/16, 10:34 AM

2007s197,

Thanks for the comments. No I didn't install the intake myself, but my mechanic said it went in quite easily. I bought the "full" package through CJ Pony parts that included everything needed. Other (less expensive variations) only included some of the parts actually needed. Only thing he thought was that difficult was having to extend the wiring, everything else was closer to plug and play. I got the tune from a guy in RI named Dennis Gomes - he was highly recommended by my mechanic. The car runs a whole lot better than before intake was installed - so I'm not sure what part of that is the tune and what part is the intake (no dyno testing done so far)? Whatever the case, I think the intake was well worth it. It's worth at least half the cost just in how great it looks in the engine bay! As far as other plans - I'm done with mods for now and no real need to get even more power, etc. as this car is just a daily driver for me.