5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

KONI STR.T + Steeda sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/11, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm getting this setup from Sam in a few days or so...so i'll let you know what it looks like but i won't be putting them on for about a month or so. Father & Son mod!
Old 3/10/11, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zilla8
I had my STR.T shocks/struts and Eibach Pro kit springs installed yesterday along with UPR adjustable UCA/mount and billet LCA.I had my car set up for road race and It handles like a slot car

I could have went with any number of combo's and I really did my home work and decided on what was best for my intended use.I can only give feedback on my set up but IMO it is the best bargain going.

the ride is firmer then stock but not harsh at all.I did a nice canyon run today and I could not stop smiling as I carved up the road with my new suspension.

Before

after
Looks Awesome! I want to get a similar setup as I will track it 2 to 3 times a year and use as weekend toy the rest of the time. Is the new set up louder/rougher by a lot or still tolerable for you and the family?
Thanks!
Old 3/15/11, 11:35 PM

I have that exact set up steeda Sport springs and SRT's... I love it.. The ride is sooo much firmer... take turns full throttle and the back end dosent feel like its gonna kick out on ya... it! a Big Thumbs up!!!
Old 3/18/11, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Joenmina1
Is the new set up louder/rougher by a lot or still tolerable for you and the family?
Thanks!
The ride is still nice just stiffer but not bad at all.You will have some noise increase but after a short time you are use to it and you dont even notice it .
Old 3/19/11, 02:58 AM
V6 Member

I just thought I'd give a little update on my experience with the Koni STR-T's and Steeda Sports -

I said the ride was pretty rough due to the streets here in Italy, but I finally found someone that would do an alignment on my car here and I have to say the ride is night and day better.

Not sure exactly what they changed on the alignment because the spec sheet is in Italian and it doesn't translate well. But anyway, if anyone gets this combo I would recommend spending a little bit of money and doing an alignment even if you think you don't need it.

I fully recommend this set up.
Old 4/1/12, 03:40 PM

I know this thread has been dead for a while but I wanted to get an update from the guys who have the Koni STR.T Dampers and Steeda Sport Springs. Is the ride quality still good? I don't want to stray too far from factory. I will never race, I just want to get rid of this wheel gap!

I am exhausted from reading forum after forum with everyone having such a vast difference on lowering our cars. I am ready to just order the above items from Sam Strano and grab the Ford M18183C strut mounts.

My only other questions are do I need a panhard bar, do I need a standard four wheel alignment, and is this a task that my buddy and I can do (buddy has a lift)?

Thanks so much for the advice.
Old 4/1/12, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I've had mine for only 8000 miles but I still like mine. No matter what its going to be stiffer but I think the quality of the ride is better.

Last edited by Blackbird.; 4/1/12 at 07:06 PM.
Old 4/1/12, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Blackbird.
Well I've had mine for only 8000 miles but I still like mine. No matter what its going to be stiffer but I think the quality if the ride is better.
Did you add the panhard bar and get an alignment?

Thanks for the reply
Old 4/1/12, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
Did you add the panhard bar and get an alignment?

Thanks for the reply
No, I did not. It seemed fine to me before I changed my wheels/tires.

Last edited by Blackbird.; 4/1/12 at 07:07 PM.
Old 4/1/12, 09:39 PM
Cobra R Member

You should most definitely get an alignment after changing anything with the suspension. The money it costs will pay for itself 10x over if you save your tires from premature abnormal wear.

Various pinions on panhard bars. I say wait till after the car has struts and springs and has been aligned. Then see if you want a PHB

BTW, Im about to install Ultralites, Koni STR.Ts, GT500 mounts in the next few weeks.
Old 4/1/12, 11:49 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Anyone go with an Eibach Pro-System or Eibach Sport-Line? They offer springs, springs+dampers, springs+dampers+sway-bars kit. I just had my first track day, and although my GT did very well, it became obvious that I need to improve handling and reduce body roll. My issue is that mine is a daily driver, and I anticipate 3-4 track days per year. So I'd love to keep the excellent comfortable stock ride for the street. Any and all ideas/suggestions are most welcome, and appreciated.

Last edited by PJRManagement; 4/1/12 at 11:53 PM.
Old 4/2/12, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jcieutat
I know this thread has been dead for a while but I wanted to get an update from the guys who have the Koni STR.T Dampers and Steeda Sport Springs. Is the ride quality still good? I don't want to stray too far from factory. I will never race, I just want to get rid of this wheel gap!

I am exhausted from reading forum after forum with everyone having such a vast difference on lowering our cars. I am ready to just order the above items from Sam Strano and grab the Ford M18183C strut mounts.

My only other questions are do I need a panhard bar, do I need a standard four wheel alignment, and is this a task that my buddy and I can do (buddy has a lift)?

Thanks so much for the advice.
I also did a lot of research in the forums like you. At the end I came to this: KONI STRT & Sport STEEDA springs. I went for the STRT instead of the KONI Sport, because I don't go that often to the track to keep adjusting the shocks. You will feel an imediate change in your car, better handling, no more jumping like you where on a boat or a horse (back and forward), the look of the car will be great!.
I will not worry about the panhard bar, my car did not need it. Alignment you will need it. And the Shelby GT500 mount will be OK for your usage (simillar to mine), since you are also not a frequent racer, that needs to be adjusting it, you just want to enjoy the car.
For any mustang the is the first mood that you need to do. I don't know why the Mustang did not came that way OEM.
KONI + STEEDA setup gives this car an euro handling feeling.
I hope this will help. Get them from Sam Strano is a good place. And then ENJOY!!
Attached Thumbnails KONI STR.T + Steeda sport springs-233.jpg  
Old 1/23/13, 11:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi folks. Bringing this thread back from the dead a bit. My '14 GT Track Pack is coming in a few months and I'm wondering if the STR.T / Steeda Sport setup is worth doing on a Track Pack car, meaning...would it be a significant improvement over a stock TP setup? I've heard the TP cars are a little lower than the "regular" GT cars. Is that true? Are TP cars any different suspension-wise compared to just a Brembo GT? Curious to hear your thoughts and opinions.

I'm a long-time fox body guy and vintage Mustang guy - but this is my first time venturing into the S197 world. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 1/23/13 at 11:32 PM.
Old 1/24/13, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
Hi folks. Bringing this thread back from the dead a bit. My '14 GT Track Pack is coming in a few months and I'm wondering if the STR.T / Steeda Sport setup is worth doing on a Track Pack car, meaning...would it be a significant improvement over a stock TP setup? I've heard the TP cars are a little lower than the "regular" GT cars. Is that true? Are TP cars any different suspension-wise compared to just a Brembo GT? Curious to hear your thoughts and opinions.

I'm a long-time fox body guy and vintage Mustang guy - but this is my first time venturing into the S197 world. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
My 2014 GT/TP is due around 2/15 - I'll be doing the SRT/Sport combo. Everything I've read makes this a win-win combo.
Old 1/24/13, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks F. - can you elaborate or provide some links to the info that helped you make your decision?
Old 1/24/13, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PaxtonShelby
Thanks F. - can you elaborate or provide some links to the info that helped you make your decision?
I did a heap of searching on Google and also saw some video reviews on YouTube before I ever sat behnd the wheel. I observed loads of brake dive, squat, and body roll - in addition to a large gap in the fender between wheel and tire. I also did some driving in a Brembo GT/TP and noticed the spring rates/suspension is too soft for performance driving (for my taste), so I knew I'd want to replace the dampers/springs with ones that were up to the task.

I'm also going to be coming out of a 2007 S2000 and this car corners so flat and feels more buttoned down than any other I've ever driven; I have thrown this car into corners that should have sent me plowing or spinning and the chassis just begs for more. The GT Brembo/TP cars I've driven don't inspire the kind of confidence that I'd expect of a car with 400+ HP. To be fair, the S2K is light as hell and was purpose built at the factory for tracking, so while I'm not expecting the GT/TP to approach the same levels of feedback and feel, I know there's room for significant improvement. I can't wait for the GT/TP to arrive - the S2000 is obnoxiously loud on the inside. Imagine driving around in a bathtub with a go-kart suspension. The novelty wore off quickly.

Other related upgrades will include adjustable panhard bar and possibley upper control arm. After the suspension is sorted, I'll upgrade the wheels to support wider rubber.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 1/24/13 at 11:49 AM.
Old 1/24/13, 02:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Read the review of the 1LE vs thr GT/TP. still needs springs and proper shocks and struts
Old 1/25/13, 10:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by conv_stang
Read the review of the 1LE vs thr GT/TP. still needs springs and proper shocks and struts
Not to mention better tires too.
Old 1/27/13, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have the combo and love it. Great ride and handling.
Old 1/27/13, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I've got this set up from Sam, rides better than stock. Stock is a little floaty, looks and rides the way it should have stock.

Quick Reply: KONI STR.T + Steeda sport springs