Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/13, 11:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vbstang13

Really, you're that guy! The type of guy that will buy something and use and return it just because you don't like it. If a product is defective I get it, but not because you decided after it is used you don't like it.

Whatever happened to being a responsible consumer? If you buy something you don't like after you use it chalk it up as a bad choice and suck it up. No one else should have to pay for your mistake. I hate people that do that crap.

OP btw, I put the Roush axle back on my car two weeks ago and I love it. Sounds great and looks great. I never did hear anything about them rusting out; I guess if that happens I'll have to try the Borla.
I'm not saying to buy them, beat them up, and return them. I'm saying to throw 'em on the car, drive around for a bit to test them out. If they are what you expected them to be, and you are satisfied then great; if they are not what you expected and you are not satisfied, then take them off and return. I don't see how anybody is paying for anybody else's "mistake". We all test drove our cars before committing to the purchase, didn't we? No harm, no foul. I think I understand where you're coming from though. I had Borlas on my old mustang for about 8 months before I switched to Pypes. I sold them to a member here at a fairly cheap price. It'd be ridiculous to attempt to return those bad boys after 8 months of constant street use. In any case looks like the OP got what he needed from this thread, good luck with your purchase my dude!

Last edited by AirForcePonycar; 7/2/13 at 11:46 AM.
Old 7/2/13, 12:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't in good faith expect any place to take back a part that you installed and ran and just decided that you didn't like it. Unless the part is defective there really should be no expectation that a return should even be accepted. That would be the only way I would take anything back if it were my store selling you a part. Parts places aren't in business to let customers "try out" some part to see if they like them, the part is not able to be sold to anyone else as "new" if you buy it, install and run it, then return it.

So, if you buy some part, you either install it and keep it or resell it or if you want to return it then don't install it, that is the only way you should expect to be able to return a non-defective part.
Old 7/3/13, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OP get the roush you wont regret it. They can be calm when you want them to be, but also pretty darn loud past 4K RPMs. The note changes to a loud and raspy tone but under 4K RPMs its nice and deep yet tame. Absolutely love mine, and have not had any issues with rust thus far.
Old 7/3/13, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLK STANG
OP get the roush you wont regret it. They can be calm when you want them to be, but also pretty darn loud past 4K RPMs. The note changes to a loud and raspy tone but under 4K RPMs its nice and deep yet tame. Absolutely love mine, and have not had any issues with rust thus far.
Thanks. I think that's what I'm going to do.
Old 7/3/13, 09:15 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by flynavy

Tsk tsk. Borla ftw. Save your $$$ now and go with the best right out.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/3/13 at 02:42 PM.
Old 7/3/13, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Haha I don't know why I'm making this such a hard decision. Ill have to find someone around who has a borla system and listen to it in person.
Old 7/3/13, 08:13 PM
V6 Member

Haha I don't know why I'm making this such a hard decision. Ill have to find someone around who has a borla system and listen to it in person.
I was very hesitant to order them as well, but now I couldn't imagine the car sounding any other way. I get A LOT of compliments on the sound. They're great for turning heads around town and making you smile when you want to hear the rumble and great at being quiet when you're cruising down the highway.

The ones I got from AM about 6 months ago had weeps holes drilled and I haven't had any problem with rust.

PS Fly Air Force
Old 7/4/13, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Tsk tsk. Borla ftw. Save your $$$ now and go with the best right out.
I bought the Borla's and while I never did install them, I was pretty disappointed in the quality of them. For the price I was expecting a lot more.
Old 7/4/13, 08:02 AM
GT Member

If the drain hole issue ever becomes a problem. Just use a nail set an a hammer an add one. It's not exactly a punch like what we use when we make them but it's pretty close.
Old 7/4/13, 07:29 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Tron84

I bought the Borla's and while I never did install them, I was pretty disappointed in the quality of them. For the price I was expecting a lot more.
Interesting. Your the first person ever, that I've heard of with borla quality issues. It's usually the other brands that have quality issues. But if you do have issues, contact customer service. They're top notch as well
Old 7/5/13, 10:22 AM
GT Member

Just a heads up. Stage3motorsports has the roush with black powder coated tips. As far as I know every where else is just chrome.
Old 7/5/13, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Neverl8

Just a heads up. Stage3motorsports has the roush with black powder coated tips. As far as I know every where else is just chrome.
Thanks ill look into that.
Old 7/5/13, 02:02 PM
GT Member

Thanks ill look into that.
That's what I got for mine. Liked it to go with the black stripes on my 14. my 12 has the chrome.
Old 7/6/13, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Interesting. Your the first person ever, that I've heard of with borla quality issues. It's usually the other brands that have quality issues. But if you do have issues, contact customer service. They're top notch as well
I'm just saying that for the price I had higher expectations, the roush ones I bought were nice and polished all over, welds looked nice. The Borla, not so much.
Not bashing them, I just expected more
Old 7/8/13, 06:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I love my Roush's , I did have the earlier versions without the Weep holes.
these didn't allow any condensation from inside the muffler to drain out.
So mine did rust out, but Roush covered them under warranty and sent me new ones.
no probs any more.
And the one thing i love about them is the fact that they are tame when you want to cruise around and freaking monsterous under WOT and they have a pop and rumble when you down shift which just sounds awesome.
here is a vid i did on mine