Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/13, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me?

Is it just me, or do the Roush Axle Backs sound exactly like muffler deletes? I keep researching on youtube and the more and more I listen, from what I can gather, they sound identical. I currently have a custom muffler delete but I have Roush Axle Backs coming friday from American Muscle. Should I keep what I have and send my Roush's back and save 469.99? Or will they sound very different from eachother?
Old 6/25/13, 08:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They will sound a little different, but they are a straight through muffler with very little sound dampening.

I have flowmaster Outlaws on mine and they are even closer to a muffler delete system.
Old 6/26/13, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by flynavy
Is it just me, or do the Roush Axle Backs sound exactly like muffler deletes? I keep researching on youtube and the more and more I listen, from what I can gather, they sound identical. I currently have a custom muffler delete but I have Roush Axle Backs coming friday from American Muscle. Should I keep what I have and send my Roush's back and save 469.99? Or will they sound very different from eachother?
The Roush axle back's are definitely going to be pretty loud. However, they'll actually have an exhaust rumble to them, compared to a Muffler delete/Straight pipe which just generates sound! They'll be more calm than a muffler delete as well.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Old 6/26/13, 05:22 PM

You should return the roush and get some borla the roush have a problem with rusting out
Old 6/30/13, 07:03 AM

I just installed the borla s type catback and it sounds amazing you should def get borla
Old 6/30/13, 06:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by GT/CS 2013
You should return the roush and get some borla the roush have a problem with rusting out
Originally Posted by ericd84
I just installed the borla s type catback and it sounds amazing you should def get borla
Couldn't agree more. I seem like a broken record, but borla s type catbacks ftw
Old 6/30/13, 06:16 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
The Roush axle back's are definitely going to be pretty loud. However, they'll actually have an exhaust rumble to them, compared to a Muffler delete/Straight pipe which just generates sound! They'll be more calm than a muffler delete as well.
Bingo Dan, they sound so nasty. Love mine.
Great rumble and on WOT, they scream.
Old 6/30/13, 06:33 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Bingo Dan, they sound so nasty. Love mine.
Great rumble and on WOT, they scream.
Stage... No fair, you also have a blower adding to the concerto
Old 6/30/13, 06:38 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Stage... No fair, you also have a blower adding to the concerto
HA HA!!
Yes,....yes I do. Sorry. lol
Old 6/30/13, 06:44 PM
I Have No Life

HA HA!!
Yes,....yes I do. Sorry. lol
Stage, side note, I'm still hoping to convince the wifey to let me get a 625 TVS kit next spring, before summer. Still crossing my fingers.
Old 6/30/13, 06:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Stage, side note, I'm still hoping to convince the wifey to let me get a 625 TVS kit next spring, before summer. Still crossing my fingers.
AWESOME dude! You will be very happy. It pulls great.
Good luck with wifey! Just tell her the car needs a tune-up and come home with the supercharger! lol
Old 6/30/13, 06:51 PM
I Have No Life

AWESOME dude! You will be very happy. It pulls great.
Good luck with wifey! Just tell her the car needs a tune-up and come home with the supercharger! lol
And a 7k hole in my pocket lol
Old 6/30/13, 06:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

And a 7k hole in my pocket lol
Yeah,........that part,........she doesn't need to know about!! lol
Old 6/30/13, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try the Roush's for a bit; and if they're not what you're looking for, or not different enough than your current setup to justify a $400+ purchase, then return them suckers.
Old 6/30/13, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by AirForcePonycar
Try the Roush's for a bit; and if they're not what you're looking for, or not different enough than your current setup to justify a $400+ purchase, then return them suckers.
Really, you're that guy! The type of guy that will buy something and use and return it just because you don't like it. If a product is defective I get it, but not because you decided after it is used you don't like it.

Whatever happened to being a responsible consumer? If you buy something you don't like after you use it chalk it up as a bad choice and suck it up. No one else should have to pay for your mistake. I hate people that do that crap.

OP btw, I put the Roush axle back on my car two weeks ago and I love it. Sounds great and looks great. I never did hear anything about them rusting out; I guess if that happens I'll have to try the Borla.

Last edited by vbstang13; 6/30/13 at 07:55 PM.
Old 7/1/13, 04:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vbstang13

Really, you're that guy! The type of guy that will buy something and use and return it just because you don't like it. If a product is defective I get it, but not because you decided after it is used you don't like it.

Whatever happened to being a responsible consumer? If you buy something you don't like after you use it chalk it up as a bad choice and suck it up. No one else should have to pay for your mistake. I hate people that do that crap.

OP btw, I put the Roush axle back on my car two weeks ago and I love it. Sounds great and looks great. I never did hear anything about them rusting out; I guess if that happens I'll have to try the Borla.
This.

Plus I don't know of anywhere that will accept return on any exhaust components once they are used.
Old 7/1/13, 04:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GT/CS 2013
The ones on mine didn't have any 'drain holes' at the tips. Magnaflow I had on the V6 had holes. I always wondered about that...
Old 7/1/13, 07:15 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Roush axle backs that I installed have drain holes
Old 7/2/13, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vbstang13

Thanks for all of the input guys. Ill probably try the Roush and if I don't like it ill change it out in a year or so.
Old 7/2/13, 08:02 AM
GTR Member

The only thing I have heard about the roush "rusting" is on the welds. This is because of the filler wire that is used in the welding process, it isn't 304 SS so it does discolor but it won't "rust out".