5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Help required - New Springs & LCA's now steering wheel off center

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/14, 04:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GTTP
Here's the latest -

Pulled out the old LCA's and measured center to center (18.5 in). Readjusted to 18.5 center to center along with installing the new adjustable PHB. Everything seems to be back in line again.

How is the wheel hop? Still there. I now have a noticeable increase in interior noise now from the LCA's. I'm a little surprised they're that noisy. Any additional ideas on calming down the wheel hop?
How are the LCA's in relation to the ground? They should be slightly perpendicular to the ground.
Old 1/19/14, 06:54 PM

The LCA's are 15 or so degrees to the ground off parallel. I guess I'm not completely sure what you mean. If they where perpendicular that would have them straight up. Or are you meaning the LCA extensions? Those are close to perpendicular.

Like someone had said before, I didn't do a good job installing them to start with attributing too all my issue with steering. Once I put everything back to stock (stock center to center length on OEM LCA's) everything is back to normal.

I've been looking at the Roush UCA and thought that might do it. Would switching out the current LCA's to Roush be any quieter? Although they're machined, it all comes down to the stiffness of the rubber they have vs the stock ones and I'm not sure you gain that much with the Roush LCA's over stock.

Does anyone just have the Roush UCA w/o lower and control of wheel hop?
Old 1/20/14, 11:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 2014GTTP
The LCA's are 15 or so degrees to the ground off parallel. I guess I'm not completely sure what you mean. If they where perpendicular that would have them straight up. Or are you meaning the LCA extensions? Those are close to perpendicular.
Perpendicular was the wrong word, but the LCA's shouldn't be parallel to the ground but slightly pointing towards the ground. Better springs may have also helped with the wheel hop.