Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Help me make a decision!

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/12, 12:22 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me make a decision!

Right now I currently have Borla S-Type axlebacks and resonator deletes with 3 inch pipes welded in. I think in a week or two i will be driving down to steeda for there CAI+Tune package. I live like 15 mins from their shop in pompano Florida. I think I also want to go offroad and delete the cats. Do you guys think an offroad x pipe or H pipe will go better with my borla s type setup? Also would i have to buy my own and bring it or does anyone know if Steeda sells offroad x and h pipes? What do you guys recommend?
Old 10/7/12, 04:25 PM
GT Member

Steeda sells offroad x and h pipe not their own brand tho. I got kooks from them. I think the x would sound nicer as the borla as more of a higher exhaust note and it matches well. I would call steeda and make sure they either have the x or h pipe in stock before you go or have them order it. Anyways be careful with an o/r pipe it is going to be extremely extremely loud. I have long tubes, o/r xpipe, and borla axleback and it is very loud. I left the resonators in, but you have taken them out so im going to tell you that your car will wake up the whole neighborhood when you start it. I have videos of what my car sounds like it you want. If you dont want it that loud call steeda and look into hi-flow cat x and h pipes.
Old 10/7/12, 04:41 PM

I have an x pipe and I love it
Old 10/7/12, 07:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rickybender
Steeda sells offroad x and h pipe not their own brand tho. I got kooks from them. I think the x would sound nicer as the borla as more of a higher exhaust note and it matches well. I would call steeda and make sure they either have the x or h pipe in stock before you go or have them order it. Anyways be careful with an o/r pipe it is going to be extremely extremely loud. I have long tubes, o/r xpipe, and borla axleback and it is very loud. I left the resonators in, but you have taken them out so im going to tell you that your car will wake up the whole neighborhood when you start it. I have videos of what my car sounds like it you want. If you dont want it that loud call steeda and look into hi-flw cat x and h pipes.

Thanks man, Yea I will definitely check out what they have in stock. Yea the car got quite a bit louder with the resonator delete but probably not as loud as ur setup with long tube headers. It did get raspier though. And I decided to do this because the head service technician in charge they call him mustang king at my dealership said I can do tune intake anything I want and not worry about warranty he said anything wrong bring it to me and he won't void warranty. He said he services fully worked mustang's all the time on warranty. Nice to have a mod friendly dealer.
Old 10/7/12, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ATTFighter
Thanks man, Yea I will definitely check out what they have in stock. Yea the car got quite a bit louder with the resonator delete but probably not as loud as ur setup with long tube headers. It did get raspier though. And I decided to do this because the head service technician in charge they call him mustang king at my dealership said I can do tune intake anything I want and not worry about warranty he said anything wrong bring it to me and he won't void warranty. He said he services fully worked mustang's all the time on warranty. Nice to have a mod friendly dealer.
wow thats nice lol, wish my dealership was mod friendly . Also do plan on tuning it? With an o/r xpipe the engine light will surly come on without a tune.
Old 10/7/12, 09:08 PM
GT Member

wow thats nice lol, wish my dealership was mod friendly . Also do plan on tuning it? With an o/r xpipe the engine light will surly come on without a tune.
Yea im going to do a Steeda CAI, Steeda Tune, and o/r pipe
Old 10/8/12, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Yea im going to do a Steeda CAI, Steeda Tune, and o/r pipe
ahh then you sound be fine, not to mention the car will be running like a beast. A lot of extra power you're going to get from that cai and tune :P
Old 10/8/12, 10:33 AM
GT Member

ahh then you sound be fine, not to mention the car will be running like a beast. A lot of extra power you're going to get from that cai and tune :P
where can i find the videos of your car?
Old 10/8/12, 11:13 AM
GT Member

where can i find the videos of your car?
ill pm them to you