Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Hard time with wheel choice

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/13, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hard time with wheel choice

Right now I have ultra hustlers and I really liked them at first mainly because I've only seen one mustang that had them and that was online. I have a 12' performance white. I do not like all black wheels at all on white cars, I always think it looks like hub caps. I like the black machined nova wheels on American muscle. I've been searching and searching the web for pics but 99% of them all are black wheels. I've consider the roush wheels as well and vossen vvsc3. I'm looking for some of your input on this, I know most are going to say black but again I'm not a big fan of that color on the white mustangs. Here's a pic of what I have now in a staggered setup. I've finished my power train mods from the supercharger , driveshaft, ect. Now doing exterior. I have the roush upper grill going on tomorrow and will be getting gt500 rear spoiler replica or whatever from AM. Any an all opinions are appreciated. No need to sugarcoat opinions, I want pure honesty. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Hard time with wheel choice-image-1888197354.jpg   Hard time with wheel choice-image-3417938692.jpg   Hard time with wheel choice-image-2189045071.jpg   Hard time with wheel choice-image-2171476092.jpg  
Old 4/26/13, 10:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
Right now I have ultra hustlers and I really liked them at first mainly because I've only seen one mustang that had them and that was online. I have a 12' performance white. I do not like all black wheels at all on white cars, I always think it looks like hub caps. I like the black machined nova wheels on American muscle. I've been searching and searching the web for pics but 99% of them all are black wheels. I've consider the roush wheels as well and vossen vvsc3. I'm looking for some of your input on this, I know most are going to say black but again I'm not a big fan of that color on the white mustangs. Here's a pic of what I have now in a staggered setup. I've finished my power train mods from the supercharger , driveshaft, ect. Now doing exterior. I have the roush upper grill going on tomorrow and will be getting gt500 rear spoiler replica or whatever from AM. Any an all opinions are appreciated. No need to sugarcoat opinions, I want pure honesty. Thanks.
Like the car, but not a fan of the rims. Sorry
Old 4/26/13, 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I you have the money, get the vossens
Old 4/27/13, 09:58 AM

I am in the same boat but my wheels are still stock.Same as you black doesn't appeal to me.I can spend hours on the net looking at wheels and in the end they just all look the same.I do not like gt500/rtr type wheels but most of the wheels have that spokey design.
I liked the godspeed omegas i had on my old 11,it was black and had a machined face.Hard to find any machined faced,polished deep dish wheels,which is what i like most.The godspeeds had black accents and i don't think those go with my color because it doesn't match anything.I sort of like the look of the roush wheels but not at that price.I like foose legends but it's just been done and done.
One wheel i have been leaning toward is the Shelby CS70.Still kind of have the cragar style but a little more current.Wasn't sure about the gunmetal but after looking at some pics,i think it would look good with DIB.
It's hard to break out of the old school mode where if it wasn't chrome and cragars,it wasn't anything,sort of like how the rtr type wheels are now with a lot of folks.Before i get hate,i don't knock anyones car,it's their car,their taste,go with what looks good to you.
Good luck
Old 4/27/13, 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like your current set up as is. If you are considering a wider tire to help control the power from your S/C I like the True Forged Chicanes if you have the cash, or the Shelby CS1's. You don't see either of those in person.
Old 4/27/13, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I appreciate your guys input. I loved my current setup for a few weeks then I was like "wtf did I do?" Lol I don't think it meshes with the car at all. I've been narrowing it down and so far I'm thinking the vossens, stance, and roush. I prefer five spoke designs on this color mustang. However, I have been thinking of RTR black wheels but would only pull the trigger if I do the whole RTR exterior kit and I'd have to lower the car (I think). The roush wheels look mean but classy to me. First time I've ever swapped wheels twice on the same car, and now I can finally get my wife off my back with her constant "those wheels look like they belong on a Chrysler, not a mustang" every weekend. I tend to agree though.
Old 4/27/13, 01:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I appreciate your guys input. I loved my current setup for a few weeks then I was like "wtf did I do?" Lol I don't think it meshes with the car at all. I've been narrowing it down and so far I'm thinking the vossens, stance, and roush. I prefer five spoke designs on this color mustang. However, I have been thinking of RTR black wheels but would only pull the trigger if I do the whole RTR exterior kit and I'd have to lower the car (I think). The roush wheels look mean but classy to me. First time I've ever swapped wheels twice on the same car, and now I can finally get my wife off my back with her constant "those wheels look like they belong on a Chrysler, not a mustang" every weekend. I tend to agree though.
This is just my opinion but if you intend to lower it, I would lower it before I bought new rims. I think that the big wheel gap looks weird with any rims that aren't the stock. Rims just seem to look different on a lowered car. You may still dislike your current set up but you'll get a better idea of what you like when you do change them. I like the black rtr wheels on a white car. I don't think you have to go with the full treatment. Black out all your badges and I think it would look great. Good luck!!
Old 4/27/13, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V

This is just my opinion but if you intend to lower it, I would lower it before I bought new rims. I think that the big wheel gap looks weird with any rims that aren't the stock. Rims just seem to look different on a lowered car. You may still dislike your current set up but you'll get a better idea of what you like when you do change them. I like the black rtr wheels on a white car. I don't think you have to go with the full treatment. Black out all your badges and I think it would look great. Good luck!!
Very good point on lowering first. Thanks
Old 4/27/13, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have 255/35/20 nittos in front and 275/40/20 nittos in the rear, am looking at the roush and frpp lowering springs that do a 1' drop. The rear tires should fit fine but will the front be too close to touching?
Old 4/27/13, 05:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
yep I don't like your current wheels either. They look like something off of a mopar. I am a big fan of chrome wheels.....but the first wheels you say wow I like those will be the ones to go with. When I was looking I'm sure I looked at hundreds of wheels but kept coming back to the ones I have on my car right now.
Old 4/27/13, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
yep I don't like your current wheels either. They look like something off of a mopar. I am a big fan of chrome wheels.....but the first wheels you say wow I like those will be the ones to go with. When I was looking I'm sure I looked at hundreds of wheels but kept coming back to the ones I have on my car right now.
I originally wanted Roush chrome wheels but for some reason I impulsed on something that I regretted after a week. I pulled the trigger today on the chrome roush ones. AND found a challenger guy that wants to buy my current wheels. Good day.
Old 4/28/13, 05:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The chrome Roush wheels are going to look stellar on the white. Glad you found a guy to buy your wheels. I have never like those on any car. A drop will really set the car off.
Old 4/28/13, 06:02 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Thamac... Your car is the ultimate sleeper. Don't you have a roush TVS under there??? Love it man.

As for suggestions, you already nailed it... RTR. IMO, looks fantastic on any color and any style of 10+ pony
Old 4/28/13, 06:04 AM
Banned

Not all Black, but would look good with white.

Old 4/28/13, 09:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bill's 5.0
Not all Black, but would look good with white.
That's an awesome ride!
Old 4/28/13, 12:50 PM
GT Member

Go with forgestar, if you want the 5 spoke design and not black, cant be beat in my book.
Hard time with wheel choice-large_06.jpg
Hard time with wheel choice-large_05.jpg
Old 4/28/13, 03:26 PM
Banned

That's an awesome ride!
Thanks, I appreciate that, yours too, and again I think those wheels would look great on your white one.

Last edited by Bill's 5.0; 4/28/13 at 03:27 PM.
Old 4/29/13, 02:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Go with forgestar, if you want the 5 spoke design and not black, cant be beat in my book.
Attachment 136932
Attachment 136933
I just grew a third leg...
Old 4/29/13, 06:00 AM
Banned

[quote=Karnage541;6613199]Go with forgestar, if you want the 5 spoke design and not black, cant be beat in my book.

Love that stance. What did you use to lower it ? Any problems bottoming out ?

Last edited by Bill's 5.0; 4/29/13 at 06:09 AM.
Old 4/29/13, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Attachment 136932
Attachment 136933

You're right, can't beat it. Love the ride height and Forgestar CF5 wheel. This gets my vote x10!

Shane

Quick Reply: Hard time with wheel choice