5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Got some new mods today :)

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/12, 12:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ssstang67
Please dont paint lug nuts blue!!!! Buy a honda if u want to do that
Lol I have decided against the blue lug nuts. I agree with you 100% on the ricer bit. I think I'm just going to redo the period on my emblem in blue. Very subtle, but will look good to the right set of eyes.

No, I don't drive with the hood open. I just know my car and how it was versus how it is now. You can take it or leave it. Doesn't change a thing either way. And if you want to accent the exterior of your car with blue, that's cool. Doesn't really concern me so more power to you.

Last edited by Defiant 5.0; 9/22/12 at 12:31 AM.
Old 9/22/12, 03:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Really? Do you drive with the hood open? There is no need to tie in the blue if there is no blue to see. So, because my RR boss has blue valve covers, i have to have some blue on the outside? LOL.
It's funny how you're trying to be sarcastic and make fun of this guy. Then you follow up with two sentences that are so unstructured that intent of your message was lost. I translated your post in the quote above.
Old 9/22/12, 04:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mikeyt03

It's funny how you're trying to be sarcastic and make fun of this guy. Then you follow up with two sentences that are so unstructured that intent of your message was lost. I translated your post in the quote above.
Haters are gonna hate lol.
Old 9/24/12, 05:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Really do you drive with hood open? No need to tie in the blue there is no blue to see? So my RR Boss because it has blue valve covers I'll have to have some blue on the outside? LOL
Hmm last I checked its not your car coupled with the fact that you obviously know nothing about show cars, it helps to have common color themes to help things flow better.

But I guess that makes everyone else stupid for not seeing things your way
Old 9/24/12, 06:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm thinking that I'll redo the period on the 5.0 badge in blue, blue lug nuts and >maybe< paint the brake calipers blue. Thoughts?
Heres how it looks in gb:

Name:  image-21646190.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  20.3 KB
Old 9/24/12, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
Heres how it looks in gb:
That emblem is pretty sick. Did you paint the center, vinyl it or just replace it? I think that this will be my first step in the blue direction. Hopefully some other ideas will follow.

GrabberBlue 5.0, I'm glad that you see the issue that I see. Hopefully, with some attentiveness and patience, I'll be able to come up with something tasteful and beautiful.
Old 9/25/12, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

That emblem is pretty sick. Did you paint the center, vinyl it or just replace it? I think that this will be my first step in the blue direction. Hopefully some other ideas will follow.

GrabberBlue 5.0, I'm glad that you see the issue that I see. Hopefully, with some attentiveness and patience, I'll be able to come up with something tasteful and beautiful.
You could do that with a tube of touch up paint fairly easily.
Old 9/27/12, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice hot air intake!!! lol JK
Old 9/28/12, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Lol all these haters. Kidding, kidding...
Old 9/28/12, 06:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, replaced with gloss black ones and had the dots sprayed gb while the dealership was fixing their effup. Wanted to save the OE badge but they tore it up on removal. They did A+ work though so I cant complain.
Old 9/28/12, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think grabber blue stripes on a black mustang looks awesome. Just an idea.
Old 9/28/12, 10:47 PM
GT Member

Wheelman, I may go with either matte black or matte silver emblems with gb dots. I think that will make that subtle color pop. Also, during Mustang week here in Myrtle Beach this year, my crew and I saw quite a few Mustangs that had custom work done to the door handle. They were modified so that an illuminated word was glowing on them in different colors, i.e. 'Mustang' or '5.0' or something along those lines. We haven't had any luck tracking down the source of these mods, but we are searching. It sounds kind of corny and that it would look really silly, but it looked pretty tasteful and it complimented lit door panels very nicely. I think that this would be a great addition to my girl.

>>If anyone has any info on where to get this done, please hit me up.<<

Skylar, when I was in the planning phase of doing my stripes, GB was my color of choice. The issue was first finding somewhere that cut stripes for this car in that color. Once I did that almost impossible task, I had an equally hard time finding pics of that color on color combination. I found it the other way around a LOT but finding blue on black was friggin hard lol. But once I found some, I decided that I liked the silver better. Not to mention that at the time, Blue was my crew mates accent color as he laid dibs on it first. But even after he sold his car, I was still glad that I had the silver stripes. Once I find a way to successfully integrate all three colors (and the three colors do go together well if done right), it will make for a very attractive car. I feel ya on the input though and I'm glad you suggested it.

Last edited by Defiant 5.0; 9/28/12 at 10:49 PM.