Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Fuel Starvation?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/22, 01:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Fuel Starvation?

So I finally got out to the dragstrip with my new nitrous setup. I'm running a Nitrous Outlet plate kit with jets for a 100 wet shot with a window switch. The installation was straight forward and programming the window switch was also pretty simple. So I got the tires hot, staged and got a good launch. First gear pulled really hard, and when I shifted to second, I could feel it when the nitrous kicked in at 3,000 RPM. I could tell I was running faster than I had ever run before. I shifted into third gear and the car fell flat on it's face. It was missing and had NO power. I backed out of it and was able to get it smoothed out and finished the run. Hmmm. I thought maybe I missed a shift or something. Ran again, and the same thing happened. If I ran without the nitrous it ran like it always runs, smooth, and 14.1-ish at 103-ish MPH. Bandimere is at 5,800 feet and had a DA of 8900 feet this week. I was cutting about half a second off my 1/8th time, but kept falling flat in 3rd. So my question is, could the fuel pump just not be able to keep up? I'm running a wet shot, and was thinking that maybe it was just using enough extra gas with the wet shot to overrun the fuel pump. Does anyone have any experience with this? Could it be fuel, or is there something else I'm overlooking?

Thanks,
Mark