5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

FRPP ProCal tune...denied installation by local dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/14, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
:facepalm: Money wasted...
Lol nothing was wasted.
Old 8/11/14, 04:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
Don't put your foot in it so much :P
I wish I could say that was the case. This morning I drove from Tampa to Cocoa, FL and it was about 120 miles each direction. Going to Cocoa on the stock tune i averaged (car computer) 23.5 with maybe 20 miles of city driving. Same route coming home with 10 Deg F higher temp coming home I got 22.2 mpg. Tomorrow I am going to run the Trackey in the morning and the stock tune coming home to see how much affect it gets.
Old 8/11/14, 09:16 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Lol nothing was wasted.
:rollseyes: Except *all* of the money put toward the procal.
Old 8/12/14, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

:rollseyes: Except *all* of the money put toward the procal.
Roll your eyes all you want. That tune is 100% safe and will cause no issues. There will be no warranty problems from it. Ford should have tuned the car this way stock.

Make sure you don't rip the tag of your mattress. The feds will come get you.
Old 8/12/14, 11:12 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Roll your eyes all you want. That tune is 100% safe and will cause no issues. There will be no warranty problems from it. Ford should have tuned the car this way stock.

Old 8/12/14, 12:36 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You still fail to see the point.

Good luck OP...
Old 8/12/14, 03:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB

I wish I could say that was the case. This morning I drove from Tampa to Cocoa, FL and it was about 120 miles each direction. Going to Cocoa on the stock tune i averaged (car computer) 23.5 with maybe 20 miles of city driving. Same route coming home with 10 Deg F higher temp coming home I got 22.2 mpg. Tomorrow I am going to run the Trackey in the morning and the stock tune coming home to see how much affect it gets.
Do you only check the average mileage, or do you reset it to check what your instant mileage is? I don't care for the mileage indicator, and I find it better to use math to calculate your exact mileage.

What StupidGenius is saying, is that you bought a tame tune because you wanted to retain a warranty, but since you installed it yourself, your engine won't be covered if its determined the tune blew your engine. In that sense, you could have just bought a real tune.

You will have warranty issues if your engine blows. I doubt it will as the Procal is generally pretty safe, but to say you won't have any warranty issues if it goes is ignorant at best.
Old 8/12/14, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
Do you only check the average mileage, or do you reset it to check what your instant mileage is? I don't care for the mileage indicator, and I find it better to use math to calculate your exact mileage.

What StupidGenius is saying, is that you bought a tame tune because you wanted to retain a warranty, but since you installed it yourself, your engine won't be covered if its determined the tune blew your engine. In that sense, you could have just bought a real tune.

You will have warranty issues if your engine blows. I doubt it will as the Procal is generally pretty safe, but to say you won't have any warranty issues if it goes is ignorant at best.
Here is what I am saying and then I will get out of this thread.

They will leave your warranty intact if a Ford service dept charges you close to 100.00 to do a 20 min load. That is because the tune is safe and will not blow your engine. If it did, they would not allow you to keep the warranty.

They do nothing in the load process he didn't do himself. Its a simple one way procedure. There is not ONE story of anyone blowing an engine from the Procal tune. NOT ONE.

Therefore I said I would instal it myself vice drive 5 hours and pay 100.00 to someone to do EXACTLY what he did for free in his own driveway.

I understand the point that he could have got a Lund, AED, BAMA, ACME..whatever else tune. Any moment Steeda will show up to remind us they have the greatest safest tunes, however, I think he was OK to load it himself and have no worries over his warranty.

OP.....If your engine blows up and Ford decides not to fix it please come let us know.

Now where is that mattress tag I tore off????

Last edited by devilcaninex; 8/12/14 at 04:15 PM.
Old 8/13/14, 06:03 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is what I am saying and then I will get out of this thread.

They will leave your warranty intact if a Ford service dept charges you close to 100.00 to do a 20 min load. That is because the tune is safe and will not blow your engine. If it did, they would not allow you to keep the warranty.

They do nothing in the load process he didn't do himself. Its a simple one way procedure. There is not ONE story of anyone blowing an engine from the Procal tune. NOT ONE.

Therefore I said I would instal it myself vice drive 5 hours and pay 100.00 to someone to do EXACTLY what he did for free in his own driveway.

I understand the point that he could have got a Lund, AED, BAMA, ACME..whatever else tune. Any moment Steeda will show up to remind us they have the greatest safest tunes, however, I think he was OK to load it himself and have no worries over his warranty.

OP.....If your engine blows up and Ford decides not to fix it please come let us know.

Now where is that mattress tag I tore off????
I am not taking sides here...
The ~1 hour charged by a Ford Dealer includes a whole bunch of costs to the dealer beyond just paying their Tech to do the the install.

I cut a pillow tag yesterday and so far SWAT has not knocked my door down.
Old 8/16/14, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The Procal tune may be safe, but tell that to the guy that had 6,000 miles and is getting a new engine installed - his car was all stock.
Old 8/18/14, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
The Procal tune may be safe, but tell that to the guy that had 6,000 miles and is getting a new engine installed - his car was all stock.
Ok, What are the particulars regarding this needing a new engine after 6000 miles on a stock engine?
Old 8/18/14, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by creedog
Ok, What are the particulars regarding this needing a new engine after 6000 miles on a stock engine?
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...update-532315/
Old 8/18/14, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Very interesting. All stock on a 2014. I was under the impression most coyote engine problems centered around the earlier model years. Does anyone know of a blown engine relating the Ford Racing Pro Cal tool after the tune was installed?
Old 8/19/14, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

You still fail to see the point.

Good luck OP...
Because it is not in the service records that Ford did the install. Every time you bring your car in for any kind of work, it is recorded in their database under the VIN. So they can pull the service records and see that the tune wasn't done by a Ford dealership.

Now there is a little 1 in the ECM as to the amount of times it has been flashed.