5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

FRPP 2011 Mustang GT Convertible Handling Pack

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/11, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRPP 2011 Mustang GT Convertible Handling Pack

I want to improve the handling of my GT convertible. I'm not planning to take my convertible to the track. I want to enhance handling on the street, while preserving ride quality. I'm also looking for a fixed, nonadjustable solution.

I was planning to buy the FRPP 2011 Mustang GT Convertible Handing Pack (Item #: M-FR3-MCGTA). However, I have two questions:
  1. Does anyone have experience with the FRPP Convertible Handling Pack?
  2. Can anyone offer recommendations for a solution that would be better than the FRPP Convertible Handling Pack, and still fit my needs?
Thanks in advance!
Old 1/27/11, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
PM Sam Strano and he will be able to help you out if he is not to busy. The FRPP pack would be good bc it would be dealer installed.
Old 1/28/11, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

I have the Frpp convert handling pack on my car for about 6 months now and 15k miles. The ride is night and day difference. The car really handles like it is on rails. I did however change the shocks and struts over to Koni srt after about 2 months as the FRPP dampers where a bit to jarring for the NYC mine fields.......I mean roads around here. And now the car is great and much more comfortable for my daily commute which is about 80 miles roundtrip.

Pros
Floatyness will be gone. and the car will handle like its on rails. plus warrenty still intact.

Cons

Can be a little jarring if you drive on not so good roads alot.

But if you dont get the FRPP dampers and go with the koni srt the ride is much more "stock like" in terms of comfort.

Good luck with you decision. It was the best money I have spent on the car to date.
Old 1/28/11, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

He did PM me, and I asked him to call. As shotzy pointed out the Koni dampers are much better riding, but with excellent control, than the FRPP dampers--which makes the kit a bit less of a bargain. And there even better riding springs too.
Old 1/29/11, 02:31 PM

Thank you. I like the idea of the Koni SRTs in place of the FRPP shocks. Along the same lines, I'm considering substituting the FRPP springs with Steeda Ultralites to preserve ride quality.

Originally Posted by shotzy
I have the Frpp convert handling pack on my car for about 6 months now and 15k miles. The ride is night and day difference. The car really handles like it is on rails. I did however change the shocks and struts over to Koni srt after about 2 months as the FRPP dampers where a bit to jarring for the NYC mine fields.......I mean roads around here. And now the car is great and much more comfortable for my daily commute which is about 80 miles roundtrip.

Pros
Floatyness will be gone. and the car will handle like its on rails. plus warrenty still intact.

Cons

Can be a little jarring if you drive on not so good roads alot.

But if you dont get the FRPP dampers and go with the koni srt the ride is much more "stock like" in terms of comfort.

Good luck with you decision. It was the best money I have spent on the car to date.
Old 2/1/11, 06:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kingofhearts
Thank you. I like the idea of the Koni SRTs in place of the FRPP shocks. Along the same lines, I'm considering substituting the FRPP springs with Steeda Ultralites to preserve ride quality.
Good luck. Sam will steer you in the right direction. But I am very happy with the FRPP setup otherwise. The ride is really great and it handles as well as my last car 06 bmw m3.

Either way you go it will be a huge improvement.