5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Engine bling

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/14, 08:11 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Engine bling

I got my gloss black/Race Red engine cover today from Bangastang. It was pricey but the results are worth it. It compliments the gorgeous coil covers from Robert Colosimo a few weeks ago.

The only nit I can pick is that the relief below the 5.0 emblem (32V TiVCT) wasn't accented in black. I took care of that myself this morning.

I thought that the indented spear on the sides would be accented in red, but instead Bangastang painted an accent stripe on the top of the cover. I like it much better. I'm debating if I should get the chrome spear inserts from Emblem Pros or just leave it as is.

I'm awaiting an Airraid intake tube and I'll remove the sound tube when it arrives.
Attached Thumbnails Engine bling-009.jpg   Engine bling-007.jpg   Engine bling-017.jpg   Engine bling-026.jpg  
Old 8/14/14, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookin' good Tom! You going to the American Muscle show on Saturday?
Old 8/14/14, 11:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
And I have to go to a website to see your upgrades ????
Old 8/14/14, 12:20 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Dfink114
Lookin' good Tom! You going to the American Muscle show on Saturday?
No. I made plans with the ex to wrap up some business. In hindsight I should have reached out to some of the NJ guys on the forum to see if we could get a small convoy organized.

How 'bout you?
Old 8/14/14, 12:25 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
And I have to go to a website to see your upgrades ????
What's the point of bragging to you about plastic parts on my engine when you have a blower and around 300hp more? I'm not worthy.

But I'll let you be the first to see it in person this afternoon!!!!
Old 8/14/14, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
No. I made plans with the ex to wrap up some business. In hindsight I should have reached out to some of the NJ guys on the forum to see if we could get a small convoy organized.

How 'bout you?
Yeah, I'm going. There is a rather large cruise going down there. I think I read ~100 cars heading down Saturday morning.
Old 8/14/14, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Looks awesome Tom! I would add the strips. I'd also add Steeda's polished Ford-branded oil/brake fluid/coolant caps too. I'm planning on adding all that eventually. I need to take care of these vet bills and groceries first though.

It still cracks me up how you said you weren't going to mod this car.
Old 8/14/14, 01:39 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Looks awesome Tom! I would add the strips. I'd also add Steeda's polished Ford-branded oil/brake fluid/coolant caps too. I'm planning on adding all that eventually. I need to take care of these vet bills and groceries first though.

Not shown in the pic are polished oil, washer fluid, and rad caps with the TriBar Pony logo. I didn't need a full set because I have a battery and brake resevoir cover....saved $40 by eliminating the fourth cap.

Still not sure about the chrome strips on the plenum cover.

And everybody says they aren't going to mod their car, and then end up doing it anyway. Just call me a lemming, blindly following the leader.... like a liberal. Just don't call me one!!!!
Old 8/14/14, 02:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not shown in the pic are polished oil, washer fluid, and rad caps with the TriBar Pony logo. I didn't need a full set because I have a battery and brake resevoir cover....saved $40 by eliminating the fourth cap. Still not sure about the chrome strips on the plenum cover. And everybody says they aren't going to mod their car, and then end up doing it anyway. Just call me a lemming, blindly following the leader.... like a liberal. Just don't call me one!!!!
Lol I guarantee you if you didn't join TMS it would still be stock...
Old 8/14/14, 03:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Not shown in the pic are polished oil, washer fluid, and rad caps with the TriBar Pony logo. I didn't need a full set because I have a battery and brake resevoir cover....saved $40 by eliminating the fourth cap.

Still not sure about the chrome strips on the plenum cover.

And everybody says they aren't going to mod their car, and then end up doing it anyway. Just call me a lemming, blindly following the leader.... like a liberal. Just don't call me one!!!!
How many times have we heard that before though? LOL...

The only folks who don't mod their cars are the folks we never know about because they are not members on this forum.

And since Deysha's always listening, Deysha I'm stock!
Old 8/14/14, 04:06 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Looking good Tom and tastefully done, I recently looked at the plenum cover from bangastang also. At $325+ I had to pass sadly.

However, I did get the painted coil covers from Rob and they look great like yours do!

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
Old 8/14/14, 07:34 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Looking good Tom and tastefully done, I recently looked at the plenum cover from bangastang also. At $325+ I had to pass sadly.

However, I did get the painted coil covers from Rob and they look great like yours do!

Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
I know....the plenum cover cost more than my Eibach Pro spring kit. But after seeing Rob's work and ordering a set of his coil covers, there was no way I could leave the engine cover stock.

Being that my Mustang is black I could have gone with virtually any color and appropriate contrasting accent. I actually contemplated white coil covers and white plenum cover, both with red accents.

But since my original desire to get a Brick Red 401a interior couldn't materialize (I got 401a Black w/Cashmere stripes) I had to have red somewhere. I'm thrilled with the results and glad I went with a black/red accent plenum cover. It doesn't drown out Rob's coil covers.

As far as other mods, that's pretty much it for now. Boss 302S wheels, springs, GT500 axlebacks, various engine bling to date, and I'm awaiting an Airraid intake tube and a back ordered shorty antenna, so I'm pretty tapped out.

Perhaps next year I'll step up to 20" tires with meaty sidewall...no rubber bands for me....all because I got the quivering thigh sweats for a set of Shelby CS40's.
Old 8/14/14, 07:35 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Patrick

What color is your Mustang? What color coil covers did you get?
Old 8/14/14, 07:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Patrick What color is your Mustang? What color coil covers did you get?
His car is white, white CS. I think he got white coil covers too...
Old 8/14/14, 08:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
His car is white, white CS. I think he got white coil covers too...
Ha ha, yep! White coil covers with black lettering.

I wish I could post pics but the app won't let me.
Old 8/15/14, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Looking good. I just started doing my engine bay as well. The blue in my avatar started peeling so I decided to go a different route rather than try to strip the paint and start over. Got the coil covers from a hydrographics shop on ebay, and the plenum cover from the Shelby store on ebay as well. It was taken off a customers car that was adding a supercharger apparently.

Trying to find a fuse box cover I like now and then the caps for all the fluids. Would love to get the intake tube hydrodipped as well if I can find someone in INDY to do that..

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 8/15/14 at 08:02 AM.
Old 8/15/14, 08:07 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Looking good. I just started doing my engine bay as well. The blue in my avatar started peeling so I decided to go a different route rather than try to strip the paint and start over. Got the coil covers from a hydrographics shop on ebay, and the plenum cover from the Shelby store on ebay as well. It was taken off a customers car that was adding a supercharger apparently.

Trying to find a fuse box cover I like now and then the caps for all the fluids. Would love to get the intake tube hydrodipped as well if I can find someone in INDY to do that..
The CF and red look great. You might want to consider getting covers for the fugly battery and brake resevoir. All the usual suspects have them.
Old 8/15/14, 07:55 PM
I Have No Life

The CF and red look great. You might want to consider getting covers for the fugly battery and brake resevoir. All the usual suspects have them.
What's a good place to get a batter cover? I too, want to cover that up.
Old 8/15/14, 08:07 PM
FR500 Member

American Muscle sells them as a set. They're made of the same material and similar texture as the fuse cover and air filter box. Very complicated to install....it took me almost 5 whole minutes!!!!
Old 8/15/14, 08:09 PM
I Have No Life

American Muscle sells them as a set. They're made of the same material and similar texture as the fuse cover and air filter box. Very complicated to install....it took me almost 5 whole minutes!!!!
Lol.

Given the source you mentioned, I will find an alternate. Thanks for info though.

Quick Reply: Engine bling