5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Eibach Suspension Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/11, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach Suspension Kits...

Has anyone installed one of Eibach's kits? I'm looking at installing one of their packages that includes the Pro Springs(1.0-1.5 inch drop). Any advice on the performance of their Pro-Dampers compared to others is appreciated.

Firstly, I should say that I'm satisfied with the "Brembo Brake Package" suspension performance. Coming from an Infiniti G37S Coupe, the GT feels similar, if not slightly more, in stiffness. The GT easily out-handles it! I might as well mention that the GT has better brakes. I could get the G37's brakes to fade real quick! Very unnerving. At higher speeds the G37 suspension felt more confidence-inspiring, though.

With that said, if someone was looking for a modest spring drop and slight improvement in damper control for his daily driver, would one of these kits be up to the task?
Old 3/2/11, 05:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Among other things I'm a Eibach dealer. I can do one of their "kits". But you can do better, much better.

Pro-dampers aren't so hot IMHO. The Pro-kit are stiffer than necessary. The 2011 kit has a rear bar that is just too big (the stock one is already I think a touch too stiff which is why I don't run it on my car).

In short, I can put you together a kit with name brand stuff, high quality that will ride better and give you better control too than the Eibach stuff.
Old 3/3/11, 08:52 AM
V6 Member

What would this "super kit" consist of and what would pricing be?
Old 3/4/11, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't say super kit... and frankly I can't know---because I do things based on what we are trying to get done. I don't necessarily take a one size fits all approach to setting up cars.

Bottom line, I tend to avoid whiz-bang kits because they are mostly about easy sales and I prefer cooked to order so I can do the best job for my customers.
Old 3/18/11, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the suggestions, Sam. I am starting to see the light on the Steeda Sport Springs. Still undecided on whether a drop makes sense on these NYC streets. I'll contact you when I have made up my mind. Thanks, again.