Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Dyno and Magnaflow Xpipe and Catback Video

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/10, 12:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno and Magnaflow Xpipe and Catback Video

Here's a video of two dynos performed today, best run bone stock was 361rwhp in 3rd gear. Added xpipe and street series catbacks made by magnaflow, power crept slightly higher to 364rwhp. However, axelbacks alone saved 22lbs from stock setup and ofcourse the sound improved.

Next...CAI?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps7mmPKbE6Q
Old 7/21/10, 12:36 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would you dyno in third gear?
Old 7/21/10, 12:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Why would you dyno in third gear?
It's an automatic, leaving it in D forced upshift so could not run to redline, consulted KenneBell and they advised my Tuner that they were running their 2011 in third for dyno pulls.
Old 7/21/10, 06:18 AM
GT Member

Hmmm

Originally Posted by super6stang
Here's a video of two dynos performed today, best run bone stock was 361rwhp in 3rd gear. Added xpipe and street series catbacks made by magnaflow, power crept slightly higher to 364rwhp. However, axelbacks alone saved 22lbs from stock setup and ofcourse the sound improved.

Next...CAI?

I know it is an auto, but the power seems very low IMO. I wonder how much of a factor 3rd gear pull and auto play in this? It is a great sound though.
Old 7/21/10, 07:36 AM
GT Member

361 RWHP bone stock with an A6 is about where it should be, IMHO. Besides....dynos are not designed with the idea of comparing a particular car on one dyno versus another particular car on another dyno - variables beyond the car itself can and will produce different results.
Old 7/21/10, 07:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not having 1:1 gear also makes the hp #'s a little off. They may be a little higher.
Old 7/21/10, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Next...CAI?

Awesome man! Im stopping by GTR tomorrow to have my Raptor shift light installed. Ricardo had mentioned that they were taking your car to Irwindale for more track testing and asked if I wanted to run my car. I told him i'd probably just come and see the action.

Old 7/21/10, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

It's an automatic, leaving it in D forced upshift so could not run to redline, consulted KenneBell and they advised my Tuner that they were running their 2011 in third for dyno pulls.
"Consulted Kenne Bell" Do I smell a blower install brewing in the background?
Old 7/21/10, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

BTW are you going to the road course event in Fontana next month?
Old 7/21/10, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
361 RWHP bone stock with an A6 is about where it should be, IMHO. Besides....dynos are not designed with the idea of comparing a particular car on one dyno versus another particular car on another dyno - variables beyond the car itself can and will produce different results.

Plus 361rwhp = 428hp total... Which is freaking awesome for a 5.0 with just axlebacks!

My '10 did 298rwhp with pulleys and a JLT CAI and Steeda Axlebacks
Old 7/21/10, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by xkornkidx01
"Consulted Kenne Bell" Do I smell a blower install brewing in the background?
I wish.
Old 7/21/10, 11:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I wish.
Hey well im crossing my fingers!
Old 7/21/10, 12:08 PM
GT Member

im talking about the mods that were added not baseline

Only a few hp difference when adding them to the car? Both runs done same day. I expected more since some vendors are saying a solid 10-14 rwhp add on with just the x pipe.
Old 7/21/10, 12:50 PM
GT Member

I was referring to the stock power - 361 RWHP with an A6 is right where it should be.

As for how much he picked up with the X-pipe....well....you have vendors that claim a certain HP for a certain product, and then you have people that pay their own money for said product and the dyno passes. While one test does NOT create anywhere near enough data to draw a final conclusion - which result would you be more likely to put the most value on: Those that tell you what their product is going to make so that you will buy it, or those that tell you what a product made AFTER they bought it?
Old 7/21/10, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So far the only mod that looks like its worth the money is a tune. Exhaust and CAI look to gain minimal hp for the buck. CAI looks to only net 6-8rwhp and the X-Pipe that i have seen gains 3-6rwhp. Need to see what a legitimate gain is with full exhaust, not vendors claims.
Old 7/21/10, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cobra97
Only a few hp difference when adding them to the car? Both runs done same day. I expected more since some vendors are saying a solid 10-14 rwhp add on with just the x pipe.
We're doing an article for a mag but we're not going to make up numbers. I was impressed just with the weight difference alone for the axelbacks. However, when the article is published you'll notice a distinct broader curve on the graph despite miminal hp gains. If it were 100% my money, I would have went with the Comp Series Catback system, those axelback have almost no muffler at all, maybe that would help and the xpipe we used was not offroad.
Old 7/21/10, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Thanks!

We're doing an article for a mag but we're not going to make up numbers. I was impressed just with the weight difference alone for the axelbacks. However, when the article is published you'll notice a distinct broader curve on the graph despite miminal hp gains. If it were 100% my money, I would have went with the Comp Series Catback system, those axelback have almost no muffler at all, maybe that would help and the xpipe we used was not offroad.
I appreciate the TRUE numbers, I am going to buy the o/r version and most likely the cat back. It sounds very good.
Old 7/21/10, 01:40 PM
GT Member

Agreed

I was referring to the stock power - 361 RWHP with an A6 is right where it should be.

As for how much he picked up with the X-pipe....well....you have vendors that claim a certain HP for a certain product, and then you have people that pay their own money for said product and the dyno passes. While one test does NOT create anywhere near enough data to draw a final conclusion - which result would you be more likely to put the most value on: Those that tell you what their product is going to make so that you will buy it, or those that tell you what a product made AFTER they bought it?
My money is spent after people report on it.
Old 7/21/10, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cobra97
I appreciate the TRUE numbers, I am going to buy the o/r version and most likely the cat back. It sounds very good.
Also, I'll be doing some more 1/8th mile runs tommorrow, so if I beat my best time of 8.672@84.17mph, I'll credit a better flowing exhaust system, cause the Driver sucks. LOL.
Old 7/21/10, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Also, I'll be doing some more 1/8th mile runs tommorrow, so if I beat my best time of 8.672@84.17mph, I'll credit a better flowing exhaust system, cause the Driver sucks. LOL.
You just need some tires...

I know I need some! These stock p-zeros have no grip on the track...

Quick Reply: Dyno and Magnaflow Xpipe and Catback Video